Online Store Bundles

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
mockingbird288z

Re: Online Store Bundles

Post by mockingbird288z »

Pics of the sleepwear

They should have definitely put in the description that you only get sleepwear for one age group at a time.

I know lots of people think lots of different bundles are scams and I'm always saying they aren't. But this is something I would call a scam. There's no indication that you only get one age group.

The order you get them when purchasing them looks like the order they are unlocked during the sleepwear event.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

Butterfly wrote: 10 May 2017, 08:08 YAnymore else get an online sale on "prepped for prom" outfits (male/female teens) for $11.99 USD today?
I think we all did.

The FreePlay Facebook page posted this pic when the Prepped for Prom event started:
IMG_7929.JPG
Looks like the dress the teen on the right is wearing is from this bundle and the suit the teen on the left is wearing.

The main difference for the teen male suits is bow ties instead of straight ties.
Simsfanatic
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simsfanatic »

Butterfly wrote: 10 May 2017, 08:08 YAnymore else get an online sale on "prepped for prom" outfits (male/female teens) for $11.99 USD today?
Yea, I clicked so fast to buy it as soon as it was available.
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

I really dont want to spend that much for the outfits. But the online teen gowns are really gorgeous. I like them better than the ones we received as Prizes in the Teen Event. I ended up "donating" to FM....Sigh...
Thiscat06
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Thiscat06 »

The pajamas disappeared from the online store already. I wish they would have pajamas available for all ages baby to senior in the mall or in the wardrobe.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

I now have an offer for a box of 100 LPs for $4.99 USD.
glenkatko
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by glenkatko »

The thing that bothers me most about these online bundles is the whole "sale" price. Since they are never listed anywhere at the regular price, I don't think that they should be allowed to list it as a special price. If a regular business, say Wal-Mart did that, it would be considered false advertising.

As for value, I have a bundle right now consisting of 1 dress in 6 colors for $9.99. The "regular" price is shown as $34.99! I know that they put work into these pieces, but there is no way that the value of 1 dress is almost as much as a complete Sims 4 Expansion Pack!
Reshiram
Banned

Post by Reshiram »

Why is there a "Prepped for Prom" Online Bundle when I already unlocked all the dresses with the event?
Simsfanatic
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Simsfanatic »

ReshiramVorePred wrote: 10 May 2017, 22:31 Why is there a "Prepped for Prom" Online Bundle when I already unlocked all the dresses with the event?
Because they want you to spend real money. They are really selfish like that
mockingbird288z

Simsfanatic wrote: 10 May 2017, 22:34
ReshiramVorePred wrote: 10 May 2017, 22:31 Why is there a "Prepped for Prom" Online Bundle when I already unlocked all the dresses with the event?
Because they want you to spend real money. They are really selfish like that
They are additional suits and dresses that go with the prom theme. They've been selling complementary bundles to go with event prizes since the Country Homestead event last November.

I don't think selfish is the right word, though. Naturally we would all like to unlock the complementary items in the event itself but as this is a free-to-play game and the game developers still need to make money (they have rent, too!), and more importantly EA needs to make money on this game to justify continued production of it, putting bundles like this in the online store is more of a necessary evil.

It's basically have us pay for additional content, if we want to - remember it's not forced, so that the game continues to make money and FM/EA can continue to develop it and create more events were we can unlock things for free. Which, of course, will now come with complementary bundles in the online store so the circle can continue.

I wish they had switched the dresses, though. The ones in this bundle are much nicer than the ones from the event. But they know that, don't they. ;)