[LIVE EVENT] Luxury Laundry Live Event

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: [LIVE EVENT] Luxury Laundry Live Event

Post by playsims »

One thing for sure, a new business just sprout out in SimTown...Laundromats. Maybe next could be all about cleaning... vacuum, mops, dishwashers, etc...FM should put a new category like Chores with rewards like Hobbies.
Goldfinch 3
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Goldfinch 3 »

contrarysims wrote: 19 May 2017, 05:47
Am I also the only one vaguely uncomfortable about the gambling aspect? What with the spin flowers, the rewards spin for watching ads, and half of the ads themselves being for pokies style aps, I feel like gambling is being aggressively promoted here. Although if anything I guess it's teaching us that gambling doesnt pay!
No, you are not alone in that thought. As I fruitlessly spin and spin and spin I think what a fools game gambling is and how I hate spending so much time making candles to lose so quickly with little reward. It is tedious trying to complete these events. However, I want the rewards so I participate. ;) Hope everyone else is doing fine in this event.
GC: Goldfinch 3
Level 55-Holiday Francais
HFN: 3 Star located at Starter House.
HH(s): 1 on Island as well as 2 on Mainland
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Right now I've got about 15 minutes to wait for the pottery to be done. That will also complete the daily goals and give me the CC's I need to buy the last pack I have to get - Brilliant Benches.

Spins also weren't good for me this time. I didn't hit the jackpot in this or the dance Party event. And in this event I got the 20 CC spin only when I just needed 10 CC to complete the daily goal (completing the daily goals would give me the 30 CC's I needed). :roll:
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

I am working on the Dryer & Brilliant Benches. Same as yours, benches will be the last to work on. I am still short on the Glassware for the dryer. I estimate that I need around 3 rounds yet to complete the requirements. I am good on CC & still have excess. I think I will be able to finish the event unless I forget again to set the timer or do the same boo-boo mistake on the Daycare Event, as in accidental wrong backup.
Thiscat06
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Thiscat06 »

I'm worried that i won't unlock to prizes that I truely want. The washer and dryers. Why do they have to be one of the last prizes to unlock?
Oscar
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Oscar »

I really hope you'll make it! Perhaps you can leave out some other prices you don't really want to have?

I think that I might make it, I'll need 4 more rounds to collect enough resources - and I'm only missing 35 more CC. That could work! I got to complete the daily goals twice on some days, that definitely helped a lot!
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

Am I also the only one vaguely uncomfortable about the gambling aspect? What with the spin flowers, the rewards spin for watching ads, and half of the ads themselves being for pokies style aps, I feel like gambling is being aggressively promoted here. Although if anything I guess it's teaching us that gambling doesnt pay!
What's wrong with gambling?
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

I've lost hope. I picked out a couple of items I want out of the reward list and anything I achieve beyond that will just be bonuses. Perhaps I will have a better time when/if this event repeats.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
Thiscat06
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Thiscat06 »

I have my sims currently collecting now so I'll see after 8 or so how much more I need.
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

chamilet wrote: 19 May 2017, 15:13
What's wrong with gambling?
Nothing, when done in moderation by responsible adults without addictive tendencies. But it can be life ruining, and is a fairly big problem here at least. Possibly because pokies (gambling machines) are available in pretty much every local pub.

The ads and sp flower are one thing, they are entirely optional and you can earn those points in other ways. They have made gambling an inherent part of these events. You can't participate without using the flowers because there is literally no other way to earn Constructor Coins.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road