Penthouse Update - Marketplace Events

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: Penthouse Update - Marketplace Events

Post by mockingbird288z »

Kim_Z wrote: 24 Jun 2017, 05:48 Yup, mines black too. I tried to duplicate it though, and couldn't. I couldn't find it in my home store either. I did however see that I have black steel tables available to purchase. I don't remember unlocking that item. Either there's a switch a roo or I unlocked it unknownly on a mystery box.
For me, the modern yellow stool said "free x1" and not "unlock". I think for that, when an item isn't unlocked in the home store, the duplication feature won't work.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

I must be doing something wrong. I only have a little over 24 hours and I need like 30,000 points. At my police station, I completed the money guy in brown that whistles when he comes in. It's showing as red and said I need to spend my Sim town market stuff. I clicked on the market sign and there was nothing to ship, other than a few points to watch a video. What do I do? I'm confused. Thanks a bunch!
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-06-25-23-03-37.png
Screenshot_2017-06-25-23-03-27.png
Screenshot_2017-06-25-23-03-14.png
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

Rosie wrote: 26 Jun 2017, 03:09 I must be doing something wrong. I only have a little over 24 hours and I need like 30,000 points. At my police station, I completed the money guy in brown that whistles when he comes in. It's showing as red and said I need to spend my Sim town market stuff. I clicked on the market sign and there was nothing to ship, other than a few points to watch a video. What do I do? I'm confused. Thanks a bunch!
I'm beginning to wonder if this is a glitch. My working Sims spoke with the green money guy 3 times yesterday, yet I didn't ship and order worth more than 300 points. Each time he comes, it's well over 1000 points.?? No wonder I am so behind. The last time I shipped something worth 1000 points was Friday. I have my hospital, police & movie people all working. This game really sucks sometimes.
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

Rosie wrote: 26 Jun 2017, 03:09 I must be doing something wrong. I only have a little over 24 hours and I need like 30,000 points. At my police station, I completed the money guy in brown that whistles when he comes in. It's showing as red and said I need to spend my Sim town market stuff. I clicked on the market sign and there was nothing to ship, other than a few points to watch a video. What do I do? I'm confused. Thanks a bunch!
Best advice I can give you, is to buy additional boxes with SP's by clicking the plus sign. You will keep these additional slots for future marketplace events too. And they definitely help immensely in finishing the events.

The reason the token is showing red is because you already have 3 of them stored.

Another thing that helps is upgrading the work stations. The more your work stations are upgraded, the more points you get for the filled boxes.

Seeing that your main prize is a time extension token, I wouldn't waste precious resources on that.
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

copperwood wrote: 26 Jun 2017, 05:59
Best advice I can give you, is to buy additional boxes with SP's by clicking the plus sign. You will keep these additional slots for future marketplace events too. And they definitely help immensely in finishing the events.

The reason the token is showing red is because you already have 3 of them stored.

Another thing that helps is upgrading the work stations. The more your work stations are upgraded, the more points you get for the filled boxes.

Seeing that your main prize is a time extension token, I wouldn't waste precious resources on that.
Thank you so much! :) I paid the 50sp for the extra slot and got over 3000. I do have 4 or even 5 time extensions, so I won't be crushed if I don't get it. I liked the smaller prizes. Now I'll have an extra slot for next time.
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

You're welcome. You might want to consider buying the other 2 slots too, especially when there's a main prize you really want.
annarose
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by annarose »

I agree .... I bought all 3 slots a while back, and it seemed like an awful lot of SP's at the time, but I've never regretted it. Most Marketplace events only take 1-2 days now.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

annarose wrote: 26 Jun 2017, 23:06 I agree .... I bought all 3 slots a while back, and it seemed like an awful lot of SP's at the time, but I've never regretted it. Most Marketplace events only take 1-2 days now.
I agree. With 6 slots, I can often complete without any couriers if I don't have time to babysit my game.
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

copperwood wrote: 26 Jun 2017, 16:29 You're welcome. You might want to consider buying the other 2 slots too, especially when there's a main prize you really want.
I did win the big prize, but just at the nick of time. Thanks again! They were trying to charge me 100sp for the 2nd box, but I didn't give in. I kind of wanted the time extension, but not that badly. When the next marketplace arrives, will they want 100sp for another box? I hope it drops back down to 50. My Sims have gotten lazy and don't like to work. ;) My hospital has only one room left & has been fun. My film makers are fun to work with too & have 2 rooms left, but the police job is ludicrous. I have to be there every 2 minutes. Did it take everyone forever to build it?
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

You only pay once for each box. So the next market event comes, the boxes you have opened can be utilized. I find it worthwhile to have all the 6 boxes opened. That alone (assuming you diligently ship them regularly) can help you finish the event.

Yep , it took me a while to finish all the 3 places as I dont do them regularly too.