Games and Devices.

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Games and Devices.

Post by contrarysims »

mockingbird288z wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 08:11 The whole facebook thing really annoys me, too.

I've always thought they should allow FB users to create a gamer account. It would be linked to their real account but the user could set the privacy settings for that link. So that no one who is friends with the gamer account could see the real account and vice versa or you could select a few people who could see it... But FB would always be able to see it.
Yes, that would be an ideal solution. I have managed to fiddle with the privacy settings by using lists, to achieve close to what you described. However, they don't make it easy. I had to reset the privacy on a lot of posts manually, and most of the settings aren't even accessible on mobile. And everyone can see your real name and current profile picture no matter what you do. If they don't care enough to make their existing privacy options transparent and user-friendly, I can't imagine them taking the time to implement an idea like that.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

mockingbird288z wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 08:11 The whole facebook thing really annoys me, too.

I've always thought they should allow FB users to create a gamer account. It would be linked to their real account but the user could set the privacy settings for that link. So that no one who is friends with the gamer account could see the real account and vice versa or you could select a few people who could see it... But FB would always be able to see it.
Now that is a most excellent idea! I wonder how we could communicate that to Facebook?
Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Rosie_58
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Rosie_58 »

That's a great idea Leah!

I don't have the FB app on either device but, if I go to the search engine and click the facebook link the facebook account for the game on that device comes up. I'll just pray that it fixes it self or neither game crashes...
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Rosie_58 wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 13:26 That's a great idea Leah!

I don't have the FB app on either device but, if I go to the search engine and click the facebook link the facebook account for the game on that device comes up. I'll just pray that it fixes it self or neither game crashes...
On my device FB isn't always logged out propperly, although I tapped the button to do so plus I cleared the browser cache once a day. Possibly this happens to you, too.

If you want try this:
If you're logged in to FB via browser, go to the settings and then tap "Security and login". Watch out for the line "Where you're logged in". If you find several lines underneath that, you can logout by tapping the three dots to the right. The active login will remain, so you have to logout as usual. The final step would be to clear the browser cache on your device. The next time when you tap the FB link, it should show the usual login mask.
Attachments
IMG_2987.JPG
FB logged in
FB logged in
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.0
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

contrarysims wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 07:57 [...] At least iOS users have other options.
Will it comfort you to know, iOS users don't have other options for SFP-friends? Since iOS 10 we can't add new neighbors anymore. The existing friends are still there, but we can't remove one name if we want - we can just remove all or none. So the only option to play with friends is having a Facebook account connected with the game.

Saving to the cloud by using the GC account still works and it should work the same way for android users if they're using a Google Play account.

Love that idea!
iOS 17.3.1

contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

ErinPW wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 20:59
contrarysims wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 07:57 [...] At least iOS users have other options.
Will it comfort you to know, iOS users don't have other options for SFP-friends? Since iOS 10 we can't add new neighbors anymore. The existing friends are still there, but we can't remove one name if we want - we can just remove all or none. So the only option to play with friends is having a Facebook account connected with the game.

Saving to the cloud by using the GC account still works and it should work the same way for android users if they're using a Google Play account.
Oh I didn't realise. I thought that Game Centre was still functioning. Well, that sucks for all of us, then!
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
Bailal1
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Bailal1 »

Atheletic Brownie wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 07:09 Same advice advice as Leah above, but a little extra note for iOS: the combination of accounts matters. Take note of which account combination (GC only, FB only, or GC + FB) you use for which game in case you accidentally overwrite.

Remember each combination gives 1 save slot, no matter how many devices/games. Technically you can save one game with GameCenter logged in only, another with Facebook logged in only, and a third with both logged in, BUT I wouldn't do all three together.

Also if you have an old/spare device lying about, maybe use it to download a copy of the older game for safekeeping. I have an old, old phone that I use to keep my main game safe (just in case of mishaps) and I update it fortnightly/once a month or whenever I buy something with cash.
This is a bit off topic, but I accidentally overwrote my game with a brand new one! I was on level 12, which isn't so high, but I put a ton of work into it and I really want to get it back:'(. Is there any possible way to retrieve a save that's been overwritten by a new game?
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Bailal1 wrote: 29 Aug 2017, 04:46 [...]
This is a bit off topic, but I accidentally overwrote my game with a brand new one! I was on level 12, which isn't so high, but I put a ton of work into it and I really want to get it back:'(. Is there any possible way to retrieve a save that's been overwritten by a new game?
Welcome to the forum!

There is a picture guide for cloud saves and restores: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15#p40
If you didn't use the party boat in the meantime, there is a chance to get the saved game back.
iOS 17.3.1

Bailal1
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Bailal1 »

ErinPW wrote: 29 Aug 2017, 06:27
Bailal1 wrote: 29 Aug 2017, 04:46 [...]
Welcome to the forum!

There is a picture guide for cloud saves and restores: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15#p40
If you didn't use the party boat in the meantime, there is a chance to get the saved game back.
Thank you for that,but it won't work for me because the only thing I can download from the cloud is the new game that I accidentally overwrote on my old game.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Bailal1 wrote: 29 Aug 2017, 18:27 [...]
Thank you for that,but it won't work for me because the only thing I can download from the cloud is the new game that I accidentally overwrote on my old game.
Sorry. If you have uploaded the new game to the cloud manually or by using the party boat, I fear, the other game is lost. There are suggestions by the Firemonkeys at their Help Center: https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-u ... s-FreePlay
I never tried that, so I don't know whether you can find your Level 12 game. Possibly the Firemonkeys may be able to help.
iOS 17.3.1