All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Re: [EVENT] Groovers’n’Movers

Post by mockingbird288z »

simmare wrote: 04 Oct 2017, 14:45
mockingbird288z wrote: 04 Oct 2017, 13:58
simmare wrote: 03 Oct 2017, 13:30
simmare wrote: 02 Oct 2017, 14:59 I saw the pic in the pop up. Is it weird that I found very similar athletic clothes for male adults and teens in the mall? And that they're already in my wardrobes? Or were those just the usual fashion week things?

I'm not on my iPad now so I can't post pics, but I'll work on it when I get home tonight.
Okay, I was wrong. The mysterious outfits suddenly in my wardrobe are active wear (sweatpants, sneakers), but the tops have short sleeves, unlike the pic in the popup. So I guess male adults are getting twice the active wear (though my male teens also have the short-sleeve ones).
Are you sure it's not the separates of the outfits unlocked from the hobby event that starts upon unlocking the aerobics hobby?

IMG_1964.JPG
Yes, I'm sure. The pants are long, and the tops have no hoods and short sleeves. I'll have to check if they were the male cheerleader outfits, but if they are, then probably my male adults shouldn't have access to them...
These?
IMG_1967.JPG
These are the male cheerleader outfits. Adults and teens both have the cheerleading outfits.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

mockingbird288z wrote: 04 Oct 2017, 15:30
simmare wrote: 02 Oct 2017, 14:59 I saw the pic in the pop up. Is it weird that I found very similar athletic clothes for male adults and teens in the mall? And that they're already in my wardrobes? Or were those just the usual fashion week things?

I'm not on my iPad now so I can't post pics, but I'll work on it when I get home tonight.
Okay, I was wrong. The mysterious outfits suddenly in my wardrobe are active wear (sweatpants, sneakers), but the tops have short sleeves, unlike the pic in the popup. So I guess male adults are getting twice the active wear (though my male teens also have the short-sleeve ones).
Are you sure it's not the separates of the outfits unlocked from the hobby event that starts upon unlocking the aerobics hobby?

IMG_1964.JPG
Yes, I'm sure. The pants are long, and the tops have no hoods and short sleeves. I'll have to check if they were the male cheerleader outfits, but if they are, then probably my male adults shouldn't have access to them...
These?
IMG_1967.JPG

These are the male cheerleader outfits. Adults and teens both have the cheerleading outfits.
Yes, that's it! Okay, never mind, I'm an idiot. I never realized that adults had access to the cheerleader outfits too.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

simmare wrote: 04 Oct 2017, 15:33
mockingbird288z wrote: 04 Oct 2017, 15:30

IMG_1964.JPG
These?
IMG_1967.JPG

Yes, that's it! Okay, never mind, I'm an idiot. I never realized that adults had access to the cheerleader outfits too.
We can just chalk it up to how weird the whole Downtown High School is!
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Rosie_58
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Rosie_58 »

garishplum wrote: 03 Oct 2017, 23:41
Rosie_58 wrote: 03 Oct 2017, 20:31 I started this event this morning...and realized I only have 6 mates. Then next one I buy would be 8 sp's. Six sims doing the hobbies on home lots and one at the gym 7 in total. When I did the groovin guru event I thought I read somewhere that we could buy 10 before using sp's? Am I just remembering wrong? Thank you in advance :)
Don't forget to visit your neighbors too. That would give you 8!
Thank you garishplum for reminding me of this! :)
tangerine
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by tangerine »

Does anyone know if the activewear tab (in the wardrobe) is supposed to function like the swimwear and sleepwear tabs? Mine doesn't and I was wondering if it's a glitch. I don't understand the purpose of the activewear tab if it doesn't offer a way for a sim to automatically change into workout clothes when exercising. If it's not supposed to work the way the other two tabs do, then it'd be cool if they created other specialized tabs (like eveningwear, for example).
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

tangerine wrote: 05 Oct 2017, 15:40 Does anyone know if the activewear tab (in the wardrobe) is supposed to function like the swimwear and sleepwear tabs? Mine doesn't and I was wondering if it's a glitch. I don't understand the purpose of the activewear tab if it doesn't offer a way for a sim to automatically change into workout clothes when exercising. If it's not supposed to work the way the other two tabs do, then it'd be cool if they created other specialized tabs (like eveningwear, for example).
It functions the same in my game, it is everyday wear basically and when sims are doing aerobics they also change in that outfit, and I agree they could separate clothes in more tabs, especailly since we have so many now :)
Desiree
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Desiree »

tangerine wrote: 05 Oct 2017, 15:40 Does anyone know if the activewear tab (in the wardrobe) is supposed to function like the swimwear and sleepwear tabs? Mine doesn't and I was wondering if it's a glitch. I don't understand the purpose of the activewear tab if it doesn't offer a way for a sim to automatically change into workout clothes when exercising. If it's not supposed to work the way the other two tabs do, then it'd be cool if they created other specialized tabs (like eveningwear, for example).
Mine had always functioned like the swimwear /sleepwear tabs, with the sims automatically changing in to and out of activewear. For a week or so though it wasn't working that way and they all stayed in the same generic active wear while doing aerobics. Today, after I won the second new set, the activewear went into separate categories - showing up as full outfits, separates, and active wear. I think if you put thenm in the pieces under the activewear tab they will now change in and out. If you dress them under the separates or outfit tab they'll stay in them all the time. If that makes sense.
2 Divers Way HFN - haunted theme

3 Bliss Drive

please message me if items missing/ blocked

DesireeVSanchez on GC - please mention SFP forum.
---Whatever the current update is
GlendaTheMostGood on Google Play
---Holiday 2016 Update---stuck in time
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

Desiree wrote: 05 Oct 2017, 16:51
Mine had always functioned like the swimwear /sleepwear tabs, with the sims automatically changing in to and out of activewear. For a week or so though it wasn't working that way and they all stayed in the same generic active wear while doing aerobics. Today, after I won the second new set, the activewear went into separate categories - showing up as full outfits, separates, and active wear. I think if you put thenm in the pieces under the activewear tab they will now change in and out. If you dress them under the separates or outfit tab they'll stay in them all the time. If that makes sense.
Wait they change out of active wear? So for example I can set an outfit as an everyday and another as an active wear and the sims will change in that outfit when doing aerobics and then change in the everyday outfit when I go and do something else with them? I had no idea that was an option, can you please explain how you do it? Because everytime I set an activewear outfit it becomes the main outfit and if I then change the outfit in something different they change in the generic pink outfit when exercising
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Simsaddict456 wrote: 05 Oct 2017, 18:28
Wait they change out of active wear? So for example I can set an outfit as an everyday and another as an active wear and the sims will change in that outfit when doing aerobics and then change in the everyday outfit when I go and do something else with them? I had no idea that was an option, can you please explain how you do it? Because everytime I set an activewear outfit it becomes the main outfit and if I then change the outfit in something different they change in the generic pink outfit when exercising
Yes, that's how it works for me. I don't think active wear works like swimwear, just if they're already wearing something from that tab, and exercise, they won't change into generic exercise wear.

I also wish that we could set multiple defaults like swimwear (auto switch when swim) and sleepwear (auto when go to bed) and umbrellas (auto when it rains). Probably would take too much memory, but wouldn't it be great if we could set defaults for snow, for example. I'd rather have my sims out on a coat if it's snowing than put up an umbrella in the rain.
tangerine
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by tangerine »

tangerine wrote: 05 Oct 2017, 15:40 Does anyone know if the activewear tab (in the wardrobe) is supposed to function like the swimwear and sleepwear tabs? ...
I think if you put thenm in the pieces under the activewear tab they will now change in and out. If you dress them under the separates or outfit tab they'll stay in them all the time. If that makes sense.
It makes sense but that's not how my game is working, sadly. My Sims change into the first outfit I won during this event (I didn't win any outfits during the original hobby event so the only other one I have is the one that was awarded after the Grooving Guru Quest: for women, a gold zip-up with shorts and a crop top). If I put them in a different full activewear outfit, they'll stay in that one when they exercise. If I mix and match activewear components, they still change into the first outfit I won. It doesn't matter which tab I use to choose the pieces. :(

Simsaddict456 wrote: 05 Oct 2017, 18:28
tangerine wrote: 05 Oct 2017, 15:40 Does anyone know if the activewear tab (in the wardrobe) is supposed to function like the swimwear and sleepwear tabs? ...
Mine had always functioned like the swimwear /sleepwear tabs, with the sims automatically changing in to and out of activewear. ...
Me too, please!

SKatF wrote: 06 Oct 2017, 01:14 ...wouldn't it be great if we could set defaults for snow, for example. I'd rather have my sims out on a coat if it's snowing than put up an umbrella in the rain.
I forgot about snow! I love that idea.

Sidenote: have you ever removed a sim's umbrella and then made it storm? They look kind of silly standing around with one arm bent up. But really, umbrellas or not, I just like watching them jump in puddles, especially toddlers. :)