Tips about weekly tasks

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
ErinPW

Re: Tips about weekly tasks (updated april 2016)

Post by ErinPW »

I have updated the opening post with some difficult weekly tasks:

Seriously Swing
Open the textbox and read the hint. In my game this task has to be done at the mall.

Submit a creation to the Firemonkeys There is no need to actually do that! The task completes as soon as you tap the real estate sign. After that you'll get a second pop up for the terms of service. If you don't want to submit your creation you can tap "no".
If you miss the sign, send a sim to work at the Real Estate Agency; the sign will then show up next to the postbox.

Max out needs, inspire a sim.
Apparently this goal doesn't work if we just inspire any sim. At least one need has to be really down. The easiest way is to drop down the hygiene until the sim has the ugly green cloud arround. So, have a sim kick a trash can and pick up the dirt or send him into a dirty pool until he's "stinky". Then max out all the needs until he's pretty sparkling.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
ErinPW

Re: Tips about weekly tasks

Post by ErinPW »

Happy universe wrote:
ErinPW wrote:
Happy universe wrote:I got the task" make marhmellows at the campfire on the camping. But there is no such option? I cant find it:(
Whistle over an adult sim and tap one of the benches at the campfire.

(I have moved your post to a suitable topic.)
Thx again erin. I was constantly tapping the fire not the benches, how stupid of me :oops:
Just to let you know, it was a bug at the camp fire and story telling statue that has been fixed a few days ago. It was really tricky to tap a right spot so our sims could do the task. My game had the same issue.

If you now tap the fire, "Roast marshmellows" should show up. At least it should.
iOS 17.4.1

pinkribbon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by pinkribbon »

Some of these tasks are getting ridiculous. I've never had one to be completed that I couldn't do. This week is killing me. First I had a senior to play bingo (i don't have senior), then I had a serious swing (didn't have a toddler - so I had to get one, and then age with cake), and now I have to have a sim start a career has a musician and i don't even have a studio built. now, that's going to take 150,000 and will take 1 day 12 hrs. which, i guess i can do since i have 3 days 5 hours left and i'm at 68% but this is nuts.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I'd be tempted to save my game, hurry all tasks with LP (only if you have enough) to see if its even possible, then reset my game to go back to save.
Sarahandrews
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Sarahandrews »

What if I don't have any neighbors? How can I play soccer if I can't find a sim who has one....?
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

You can buy a soccer ball from the Promotions R Us store. Or is this a social task you have to do in a neighbor's town?
annarose
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by annarose »

Can anyone help me with a Weekly Task "Have A Teenager Learn To Drive". I'm sure I've had this one before, and completed it, but this time around I cannot get my teenager and parent into the car. I click on the car and the 5 hour option comes up 'Learn to drive' for the teenager but then it says an adult must be present. An adult is present but still doesn't work. I'm sure I read the solution on this site somewhere last time but now I can't find it. Thanks!
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

annarose wrote: 09 Oct 2017, 01:33 Can anyone help me with a Weekly Task "Have A Teenager Learn To Drive". I'm sure I've had this one before, and completed it, but this time around I cannot get my teenager and parent into the car. I click on the car and the 5 hour option comes up 'Learn to drive' for the teenager but then it says an adult must be present. An adult is present but still doesn't work. I'm sure I read the solution on this site somewhere last time but now I can't find it. Thanks!
Sometimes the game doesn't let me do this task either. Usually it helps to send both sims next to the car before tapping it, sometimes I need to go to a different lot to get it to work. More ideas are to go through all houses with cars and also try to have different sims for this task.
Hope, this helps!
iOS 17.4.1

annarose
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by annarose »

Thanks Erin. I went through a couple of houses and on the third try, I called the 2 sims to the house, didn't move them at all but just clicked on the car and selected 'learn to drive' and they both walked over and got in. Done! :)
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

annarose wrote: 09 Oct 2017, 21:47 Thanks Erin. I went through a couple of houses and on the third try, I called the 2 sims to the house, didn't move them at all but just clicked on the car and selected 'learn to drive' and they both walked over and got in. Done! :)
You‘re welcome :)
iOS 17.4.1