2017 Halloween Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mudgenie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: 2017 Halloween Update - Changes

Post by mudgenie »

After I updated both my phone and my iPad said some modifications failed to validate. The game appears to work. Any clue what this means?
Spirited Away Ghost hunting house below swim center on the left side
HFN at Starter house #22
Check out the house next to the volcano. :D
Current Update
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

ErinPW wrote: 10 Oct 2017, 05:49 There is still no update in my App Store either. I‘m on iOS 11.0.2. I have rebootet my device, but it‘s still not there.
I downloaded fine on one iPad and my phone but the update didn’t show on my other 2 iPads. I did a search for freeplay and the update showed up but appeared as though it had already downloaded but it hadn’t. Had to delete game and re-download it! All working fine now but a bit weird.
Kimberly Sims
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Kimberly Sims »

On Android Fire Tablet and I also had some modifications failed to validate. Everything seems to be running okay.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

ErinPW wrote: 10 Oct 2017, 05:49 There is still no update in my App Store either. I‘m on iOS 11.0.2. I have rebootet my device, but it‘s still not there.
The update is in the AppStore but it doesn’t show as an “update” for some reason for any of my Apple devices. However, the icon shows Halloween so if you delete the app and reinstall...it installs the Halloween update.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Butterfly wrote: 10 Oct 2017, 14:36
The update is in the AppStore but it doesn’t show as an “update” for some reason for any of my Apple devices. However, the icon shows Halloween so if you delete the app and reinstall...it installs the Halloween update.
Fortunately it wasn‘t neccessary to reinstall. I could trigger the update by using the search at the App Store. It‘s still weird that it didn’t show up automatically.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

greeneyedowl wrote: 09 Oct 2017, 23:28 Screenshot 2017-10-09 at 7.19.14 PM.png

This was posted on the Firemonkeys Website. So, this means that we have brand new active wear coming, right? I mean, unless it carries over from the previous event, but I don't think so.
My first thought was because the Movers'n'Groovers event was still going on but then I checked what they actually say about the aerobics event in this update to what they said about the aerobics event last update and it is different. So it's not a copy and paste thing - It would be very unusual for them to have a completely new event (new rewards) with the same hobby so soon but I guess that's what's happening.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Kimberly Sims
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Kimberly Sims »

Well found one house that the patio around the pool is missing. Re-installed the game and same thing. Will just wait for their update.
SimCitySue
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimCitySue »

In the mystery box shop, I have the Halloween Costume Pack as one of my rare prizes. I already have them from the original event, so I hope the game recognizes that soon. Good news for those that don't have them though!
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

mudgenie wrote: 10 Oct 2017, 08:07 After I updated both my phone and my iPad said some modifications failed to validate. The game appears to work. Any clue what this means?
I am getting the same message on Kindle.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I had to delete game on my Kindle and reinstall to get the update. I had finished and saved aerobics event but after update it said I had 2 boxes to complete with 8 minutes left on my event. The sims were all doing their new hobbies as I had set them , and all else was as I'd saved it, including the final outfit in the wardrobe. Just to be sure, I quickly finished rows with L.P. which completed the event and saved again. Very strange.