[EVENT] Halloween Chocolatier Event

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

[EVENT] Halloween Chocolatier Event

Post by mockingbird288z »

This hobby event using the chocolatier event will be starting soon!

If you didn't get the pop up about it that is probably because you unlocked the outfits in 2016 or 2015's Night of the Candy Monsters quest.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Girlbits
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: [EVENT] Halloween Chocolatier Event

Post by Girlbits »

I'm assuming this is the ice skating hobby?
FB Chelsea Girlbits
HFN - 11 Westside
HH - 3 East Oceanside
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Girlbits wrote: 22 Oct 2017, 16:19 I'm assuming this is the ice skating hobby?
The sentence „Get your skates on“ at the ingame information is quite confusing :? According to the Firemonkey’s Update FAQ it‘s the Chocolatier hobby.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.0
iOS 17.3.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Rosie
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Rosie »

ErinPW wrote: 22 Oct 2017, 17:27
Girlbits wrote: 22 Oct 2017, 16:19 I'm assuming this is the ice skating hobby?
The sentence „Get your skates on“ at the ingame information is quite confusing :? According to the Firemonkey’s Update FAQ it‘s the Chocolatier hobby.
Mine does say Chocolatier event coming soon, but I wonder why it says get your skates on? I suppose we'll find out soon. I rarely finish Halloween quests, but I did kind of like last years outfits, so I hope it's from 2016. Does anybody know what the prizes are? Thanks! :)
mockingbird288z

Rosie wrote: 22 Oct 2017, 22:12
Mine does say Chocolatier event coming soon, but I wonder why it says get your skates on? I suppose we'll find out soon. I rarely finish Halloween quests, but I did kind of like last years outfits, so I hope it's from 2016. Does anybody know what the prizes are? Thanks! :)
We really can only guess but based on what FM says on the FAQ and the outfits in the thumbnail pic in the pop up it will be the Halloween costumes from the Night of the Candy Monsters quests (2015 & 2016 Halloween event). I thought at first that it would be just the ones that weren't sold in the online store but the thumbnail pic on the pop up has the preteen pirate outfit which is part of the set sold in the online store.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

From internet site Funky English:
Idiom – Get your skates on or Put your skates on.
Meaning – Hurry up. This expression is used to tell someone to do something faster. ...
This idiom is common in the UK and Australia.
The word skates in this idiom likely refers to roller skates or ice skates. Imagine someone moving quickly wearing a pair of skates.
Desiree
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Desiree »

mockingbird288z wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 03:14
We really can only guess but based on what FM says on the FAQ and the outfits in the thumbnail pic in the pop up it will be the Halloween costumes from the Night of the Candy Monsters quests (2015 & 2016 Halloween event). I thought at first that it would be just the ones that weren't sold in the online store but the thumbnail pic on the pop up has the preteen pirate outfit which is part of the set sold in the online store.
I have the pre-teen boys pirate outfit shown in the pop-up, but I must have received it as part of a previous Halloween quest - I know I didn’t buy it from the on-line store.
2 Divers Way HFN - haunted theme

3 Bliss Drive

please message me if items missing/ blocked

DesireeVSanchez on GC - please mention SFP forum.
---Whatever the current update is
GlendaTheMostGood on Google Play
---Holiday 2016 Update---stuck in time
Girlbits
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Girlbits »

SKatF wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 03:44 From internet site Funky English:
Meaning – Hurry up. This expression is used to tell someone to do something faster. ...
The word skates in this idiom likely refers to roller skates or ice skates. Imagine someone moving quickly wearing a pair of skates.
Learned something new today. Thanks!
FB Chelsea Girlbits
HFN - 11 Westside
HH - 3 East Oceanside
mockingbird288z

Desiree wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 15:23
mockingbird288z wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 03:14
I have the pre-teen boys pirate outfit shown in the pop-up, but I must have received it as part of a previous Halloween quest - I know I didn’t buy it from the on-line store.
Yes as I said in the post you quoted: from the Night of the Candy Monsters quest that happened in 2015 and was repeated in 2016.

The costumes were split into groups - some of them being rewarded per part of the quest and then another group rewarded for finishing the entire quest. The later group is sold from time to time in the online store as part of the Halloween Costume Pack (and can also be found unlocked as a rare item in the mystery shop).

The other costumes (fawn, Frankenstein, fairy, pumpkin head, unicorn, lion, and astronauts) have previously only been available to unlock by doing the Night of the Candy Monsters quest.
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

SKatF wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 03:44 From internet site Funky English:
I didn't realise that this wasn't a known expression everywhere! It still seems strange for them to use it in this context without it being a double meaning. It sounds like they're trying to be witty because skating is actually involved, even though apparently it's not.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road