All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
tangerine
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: 2017 Halloween - Marketplace Events

Post by tangerine »

@SarahBeth and @BlueIndian

Sorry for the late response -- just wanted to thank you both for your replies. They were very helpful in deciding if I should bother with marketplace events for now.
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lenny »

A new one started for me. Time Token for 81000
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London
BlueIndian
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by BlueIndian »

Same...time token 81k...
Mayor McCheese
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Mayor McCheese »

Skate Ramp for 57K for mine. Same prize I had for my first marketplace event back when I first bought the Police Station. Even though I'm still not particularly interested in getting it due to its size it is nice to see that missed Grand Prizes will eventually show up again.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Mayor McCheese wrote: 07 Nov 2017, 18:38 Skate Ramp for 57K for mine. Same prize I had for my first marketplace event back when I first bought the Police Station. Even though I'm still not particularly interested in getting it due to its size it is nice to see that missed Grand Prizes will eventually show up again.
Yes, the prizes for the general marketplace events (the ones that are open in all professions) are just in like a big pool that the game picks from randomly for each marketplace event. The only way to remove those prizes from the pool is to unlock them. Then once you've unlocked all of the unique prizes the pool just has a handful of items that are already in the game (skeleton, Samurai armour, robo-dog, robo-cat, fondue set, time extension token, and dragon statue) that the game picks from.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

Time extension token for 81,000 points for me, too. I'm going to try and complete this one because I like stocking up on the time extension tokens. But it's been a long time since I've done a marketplace event so I might forget about it.
Mayor McCheese
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Mayor McCheese »

mockingbird288z wrote: 07 Nov 2017, 18:48
Mayor McCheese wrote: 07 Nov 2017, 18:38 Skate Ramp for 57K for mine. Same prize I had for my first marketplace event back when I first bought the Police Station. Even though I'm still not particularly interested in getting it due to its size it is nice to see that missed Grand Prizes will eventually show up again.
Yes, the prizes for the general marketplace events (the ones that are open in all professions) are just in like a big pool that the game picks from randomly for each marketplace event. The only way to remove those prizes from the pool is to unlock them. Then once you've unlocked all of the unique prizes the pool just has a handful of items that are already in the game (skeleton, Samurai armour, robo-dog, robo-cat, fondue set, time extension token, and dragon statue) that the game picks from.
Good to know. I was pretty sure they could include any limited time prize I'd missed since one of my first couple was one of them, but wasn't sure beyond those.
mockingbird288z

Mayor McCheese wrote: 07 Nov 2017, 18:59
mockingbird288z wrote: 07 Nov 2017, 18:48
Good to know. I was pretty sure they could include any limited time prize I'd missed since one of my first couple was one of them, but wasn't sure beyond those.
Yeah, not all limited time prizes are potential marketplace prizes but a good amount of them are. And then others that you miss out on are added to the Fortune Box in the Mystery Box Shop as "Rare" prizes.
SimCitySue
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by SimCitySue »

Fondue set...I was hoping for a time extension token cuz I just spent my only one a few days ago on the Stranger Things discovery quest. I forgot to check back in on the last task before time was up
garishplum
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by garishplum »

Fondue set for me as well.
Level 55!
GC: garishplum