Sim Town Sign resources

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
K2burn7
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Sim Town Sign resources

Post by K2burn7 »

Just want to make sure I am right about this. Is it only your teen idol sim that can earn resources to unlock the sim town sign? So far only my teen drops resources, but I didn't know if others have found that any sim will drop them. Thank you!
Add me on GC: k2burn7
Desiree
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Sim Town Sign resources

Post by Desiree »

Other sims will also earn town sign resources. They are just very few and far between, so maybe your teen has been the only one to get any resources through regular activities so far. And the teen is the only one who can earn the non-random resources by playing the instruments.
2 Divers Way HFN - haunted theme

3 Bliss Drive

please message me if items missing/ blocked

DesireeVSanchez on GC - please mention SFP forum.
---Whatever the current update is
GlendaTheMostGood on Google Play
---Holiday 2016 Update---stuck in time
K2burn7
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by K2burn7 »

Desiree wrote:Other sims will also earn town sign resources. They are just very few and far between, so maybe your teen has been the only one to get any resources through regular activities so far. And the teen is the only one who can earn the non-random resources by playing the instruments.
Thank you so much!!!! This is driving me crazy!! I'm ready to see the mansion for my teen :D
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

My rock star adult just got one of the microphones from fishing at the park - the 1 hour option "unwind." Yesterday, my movie actor got one doing the same thing, but it was the movie light thing. I wonder if it's related to their careers a little bit?
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lenny »

I got most of mine having two adults changing in and out ttheir bathing suites. Still getting them although my sign is finished.
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

Other sims can find the resources, but in my experience this is much less common.
Teens doing stuff have a much greater chance of getting a Sign resource than an adult (or preteen) doing the same thing. This is my experience anyway, I have no actual data to back it up.
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

I just had Alicia change clothes about 50 times when she got home from work (athlete) and she found one of each sign resource, a bunch of monument resources that I already have, 1 gold - yayy! and then another microphone. I made her stop and go snowboarding for XP, because I can't sit here all day making people change clothes! Then I tried it with Seamus when he got home from work and all he found was rocks. Tried Cedric when he got home from school and he got zilch - after 30 changes and no results, I sent him off to compose music for awhile so they can finish another set on the grid today. That's all Andromeda and Cedric do all day, school then compose... I'm trying to finish level 3 of the sign, but at this rate, it'll be another 2 or 3 weeks, doing it with the music stuff.
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
K2burn7
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by K2burn7 »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:My rock star adult just got one of the microphones from fishing at the park - the 1 hour option "unwind." Yesterday, my movie actor got one doing the same thing, but it was the movie light thing. I wonder if it's related to their careers a little bit?
Interesting....it could be they are related. I wanted a rock star sim and actor, too but because if the hours I work I had to set all mine to politicians....grrr. I wish SF would give options for hours to work in each career like they do for school.

Lenny, I'm jealous your sign is finished. I do get several from changing clothes but not a cameo. I had a cameo once and it never credited me. So not cool.

Horde, thanks for your input. My teen who is not an idol won't even drop resources. I only get them from my teen idol.

Huffle, I haven't even gotten level one :shock: !! I am not a happy camper. Like you I can't sit and change clothes all day but when I do I usually do it until one sign resource is found.
Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill »

In case you missed it, you can have more than one teen idol to help gather resources.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=469
Not updated and Not playing! (please excuse zombies)
K2burn7
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by K2burn7 »

Palmjill wrote:In case you missed it, you can have more than one teen idol to help gather resources.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=469
Yes, I did see that! Planning on doing that soon....thank you :D