Ads in Sims FreePlay

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
bouges
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Ads in Sims FreePlay

Post by bouges »

The subject matter is what you'd like to see... but after the torturous 190 second pharmaceutical commercial in the sim market event for saxenda, sigh, I just don't ever want to see that again and would like to see far far far far less of the commercials in sim market events as well..
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: What would you like to see in Sims FreePlay?

Post by kls1st »

bouges wrote: 21 Nov 2017, 23:53 The subject matter is what you'd like to see... but after the torturous 190 second pharmaceutical commercial in the sim market event for saxenda, sigh, I just don't ever want to see that again and would like to see far far far far less of the commercials in sim market events as well..
I've come out from under my rock to say holy moly you got that right! I get LP and SP from watching ads so I don’t mind the voluntary nature of the paperboy. Every now and then I click if it interests me and support the game a little that way as I near as never spend actual money on SFP. There is a not so fine line between an advertisement and a commercial and that was way over the line, close to infomercial territory given the circumstances. I hard closed the app and bailed on that one about a minute in. :roll:
ErinPW

Re: Ads in Sims FreePlay

Post by ErinPW »

bouges wrote: 21 Nov 2017, 23:53 The subject matter is what you'd like to see... but after the torturous 190 second pharmaceutical commercial in the sim market event for saxenda, sigh, I just don't ever want to see that again and would like to see far far far far less of the commercials in sim market events as well..
I have moved your post from the wishlist What would you like to see in Sims FreePlay

While I understand why there are ads in the game, there are enough I‘d like not to see. I ignore the paperboy but it bugs me that they block a crate at the marketplace as I spent a lot of SPs to have all 6 available. Sure I can skip the ad, but then the crate is blocked for the next 4 hours … half an hour later they push in another ad and block another crate :( My way around is to tap the ad and do something else while it‘s on the screen.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Goldfinch 3
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Goldfinch 3 »

Who do I contact to complain about an ad? Today the paperboy kept giving me an ad that never ended. No x in top corner showed up after 30 sec run of ad. I had to exit the game & restart to get rid of it
GC: Goldfinch 3
Level 55-Holiday Francais
HFN: 3 Star located at Starter House.
HH(s): 1 on Island as well as 2 on Mainland
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Goldfinch 3 wrote: 02 Dec 2017, 14:25 Who do I contact to complain about an ad? Today the paperboy kept giving me an ad that never ended. No x in top corner showed up after 30 sec run of ad. I had to exit the game & restart to get rid of it
A member of the German forum said she can use the phone’s back button, another one closes and re-opens the game and still gets the rewards. I don‘t know whether this works in all games, but it‘s worth a try.

If you want to report this bug, here‘s a link to the Firemonkeys‘ Help Center: https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-us
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Goldfinch 3
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Goldfinch 3 »

:roll: Thanks Erin. I will report it as soon as I get that ad again since the developers forgot the close button. How annoying can ads become!
GC: Goldfinch 3
Level 55-Holiday Francais
HFN: 3 Star located at Starter House.
HH(s): 1 on Island as well as 2 on Mainland
Thiscat06
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Thiscat06 »

I also saw the super long drug ad when I clicked the newspaper boy. I’m sitting there like when is this going to end? Then I got the same ad again. Ugh
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Wow. I just had the 2.5 minute long pharmaceutical ad FOUR times in a row from the newsboy! And to add insult to injury, my rewards were a beach towel, an inexpensive chair, a few $$ and a common plant. I think I deserved to get the 2 SP each time!

I also had an incident where I got three ads in a row (non-stop) before it gave me the prize spinner... a short US army ad, a liquor ad (that one was unexpected) and then a long army recruitment ad.. I thought I was trapped in some kind of endless ad loop and was about to close the game when it ended.
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

Wow this sounds really annoying I only get ads for other games and apps, a lot of them are interactive, but they are never longer than 30 seconds.
FreePlayFan24
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by FreePlayFan24 »

I find the interactive ads cause my game to slow down and crash and then I never get my reward. And I get the same ones that cause my game to crash every time. I will get the same ad 5 x in a row. And someone else said they have ads that don't allow the film reel to spin, I've got that too. It goes the same when I see the free simoleons and XP thing on the top left corner of the tasks screen, these problems happen with those ads too. I don't mind watching ads if I can get simoleons or LP or especially SP out of it, by when you can't even play the ad all the way through without it crashing your game then what's the point of the advertisement?