2017 Holidays Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
FatCat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: 2017 Holidays Update - Changes

Post by FatCat »

What hobby is used in the streetwear event?
BlueIndian
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by BlueIndian »

FatCat wrote: 11 Dec 2017, 12:19 What hobby is used in the streetwear event?
Aerobics hobby
FatCat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by FatCat »

Ryuzakiryuuga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Ryuzakiryuuga »

This is unusual. Why there hasn't been pop-up for the upcoming event/quest?

Or they're skipping it this time?
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Ryuzakiryuuga wrote: 11 Dec 2017, 14:46 This is unusual. Why there hasn't been pop-up for the upcoming event/quest?

Or they're skipping it this time?
They usually only do that for hobby events. They haven't done a pop up for limited time quest events. Not that I can recall, at least.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

randy_thrandy wrote: 10 Dec 2017, 20:28 well in my opinion, mrs. santa look a lot sexier with her weirdly vanished private bits, should've kept her like that. she'd start a massive fashion trend, i guarantee it! :D not to mention that you can't have a tingly, frozen feeling in your thighs and butt if they're nonexistent! a real plus in these weather conditions [rn we've got such a heavy snow, i'm worried if i'll manage to get to uni in time tomorrow. :S that weather machine in sim town sure would come handy in real life as well]
Well, I've never liked the pseudo sexy Mrs. Santa outfit as the only option. The low cut top, short skirt, and thin gloves are just weird (or inappropriately sexualizing) on Mrs. Santa. She should be about kiddie Christmas, not some guy's fantasy. I'd rather have a nice older comfortably plump Santa couple.
lollipop369
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by lollipop369 »

SKatF wrote: 10 Dec 2017, 07:38
chamilet wrote: 08 Dec 2017, 15:34
SKatF wrote: 08 Dec 2017, 06:53 Reminder that daily presents (1 per day holiday decorated windows, furniture, etc that EA is giving us) are time limited to the day. If you update late or are unable to check in on a particular day, you miss out on that day's present.
Is that a change this year? That hasn't been the case in the past.
I just (at around 2 am) got two prizes, the red wallpaper and a window. Which I think are yesterday's and today's prizes. I know I missed out earlier in the week. So I don't really know what is the usual thing now. I know for many things from EA, 2 am is my start time, so maybe that was it.
I think you still get them, just not a pop up saying so. Because I didn’t open my game when it updated, and when I went to see what was on sale, some of the inventory showed free items for various things, not just the one featured in the pop up.
See profile for info-HFN, HH, etc.
GC1: Tia B. Jeanty=HP Handcrafted Homes Online Packs!
GC2: Tia B. Radcliffe=ER show Day 1/Midtown Cafè
GC3: Katyara B. Swyft=GoT Maternity
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

lollipop369 wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 00:41
SKatF wrote: 10 Dec 2017, 07:38
chamilet wrote: 08 Dec 2017, 15:34
SKatF wrote: 08 Dec 2017, 06:53 Reminder that daily presents (1 per day holiday decorated windows, furniture, etc that EA is giving us) are time limited to the day. If you update late or are unable to check in on a particular day, you miss out on that day's present.
Is that a change this year? That hasn't been the case in the past.
I just (at around 2 am) got two prizes, the red wallpaper and a window. Which I think are yesterday's and today's prizes. I know I missed out earlier in the week. So I don't really know what is the usual thing now. I know for many things from EA, 2 am is my start time, so maybe that was it.
I think you still get them, just not a pop up saying so. Because I didn’t open my game when it updated, and when I went to see what was on sale, some of the inventory showed free items for various things, not just the one featured in the pop up.
Thanks for clarifying my error. I am a long time player and have holiday stuff in inventory, so didn't notice a number change there.
Labellevie88
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Labellevie88 »

I seem to have stopped getting free Christmas items. No pop-up and also no free items when I check the section with the Christmas items. I'm so disappointed, I've been loving the free Christmas items and have a whole Christmas house I'm designing that I use them for :cry:
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Labellevie88 wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 18:46 I seem to have stopped getting free Christmas items. No pop-up and also no free items when I check the section with the Christmas items. I'm so disappointed, I've been loving the free Christmas items and have a whole Christmas house I'm designing that I use them for :cry:
That was only going to be for the first 5-6 days. So that part of the update is over. Now that the Snow Problem quest has started the next thing will be the anniversary gift. This year they will be giving us a free mystery box.
The Sims Freeplay wrote:To celebrate The Sims FreePlay's sixth birthday, we'll be gifting Simmers with a Mystery Box redeemable between December 14 – 18 (AEDT).
It will probably appear as a gift box next to the mailbox and we will only be able to open it between December 14-18 AEDT. If someone waits until the 19th the gift will be gone.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update