Home Makeover Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mockingbird288z

Home Makeover Update - Changes

Post by mockingbird288z »

Post any changes you find in the new update!

Events:
Backyard Beautification Live Event - Available to start between March 13-16 (AEDT)
Gingerbread House Hobby Event - Repeat, starts March 26th
All Mezzed Up Discovery Quest - April 3
Charming Barber Event -repeat, April 14

Changes
Plants and hedges can be watered and pruned
The horse on the Island Villa is no longer constantly tethered
The mystery box key packs in the online store are now permanent packs
The Tropical Romance Island and the Magical Rainforest are now purchasable with simoleons for anyone who didn't have them yet
New limited time Island Villa box in the mystery box shop
New items in the Fortune Box - items from the Magical Rainforest Community event, items from the Dance Party Live Event, and items from the teen idol hobby event
Items can now be place in front of the island villa
There's now a Planters tab for the new planters
New option to "Wait to Chat" and "Chat with Sim" on all couches/sofas
More people (or everyone?) now have the option to watch a video to get rid of a sim eating plant
Player ID and Cloudcell device ID are now also listed at the bottom of the "..." screen
Sims' actions have changed for the BBQs, they no longer sit down to eat
Exterior walls are now uniformly shaded instead of by floor
Exterior lights can be place on higher levels without the need for a balcony underneath
When visiting a neighbor you no longer see the icon for the Sea Voyage Boat
Can no longer place a car at the private island and any car you got a refund for any car previously placed there
The Winter Tops bundle is now for sale for some people for LPs and the Ergonomic Living bundle is for sale for SPs
The 2011 Xmas tree is missing from inventory
Items from the Playful Park online bundle are missing from the home store for anyone who purchased that bundle
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
icequeen4884
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: Home Makeover Update - Changes

Post by icequeen4884 »

Plants and hedges can be watered and/or pruned.
74A3248E-4DC1-46A9-B4AE-D1278122D851.jpeg
The horse on the Island Villa is free to roam.
49637B55-805E-4CF9-9CAB-1B9D77BAFF8F.jpeg
BlueIndian
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by BlueIndian »

The pack of keys in online store has no expiry date..I think it'll remain in online store forever.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I was able to purchase the Rainbow Forest (I think that's its name) for simoleons. The places in it are unlocked and ready to build.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
dee simmer
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by dee simmer »

Something weird is going on in my mystery box shop. There is a limited sale of island villa items. Did anyone else notice this too? Is this a one time thing? Will they be placing rare items for sale occasionally? I hope they place spa items for sale next. I will be saving my keys just in case.
2018 Holiday Update
iOS 11.2.5

Facebook:- Daphne Natsai Maruta
HFN:- 3 East Side, includes Cat and Dog
HH:- Volcano View
mockingbird288z

dee simmer wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 07:11 Something weird is going on in my mystery box shop. There is a limited sale of island villa items. Did anyone else notice this too? Is this a one time thing? Will they be placing rare items for sale occasionally? I hope they place spa items for sale next. I will be saving my keys just in case.
I don't know if they would be putting items from the other boxes in the "special" sale box but maybe. It looks like, instead of putting the additional Island villa items in the online store, they've put them in a box - still an attempt to get people to spend money just this time on the mystery box keys instead of by directly purchasing packs.

I've done a quick count of the Island Villa items. I counted 40 items. And with 8 items in a box it will take 5 boxes to get them all. Since this box only costs 1 key it will take 5 weeks worth of weekly tasks to get every item. So even if someone doesn't currently have any keys saved up they can still get all the items as long as they complete 5 weekly tasks during this update.

There are some new items in the fortune box - Items from the Magical Rainforest community event, items from the Dance Party live event, and items from the teen hobby event.

Because the Rainforest items are in the fortune box and telemwill was able to purchase the Magical Rainforest location with simoleons I don't think that event will ever return.
mockingbird288z

telemwill wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 02:37 I was able to purchase the Rainbow Forest (I think that's its name) for simoleons. The places in it are unlocked and ready to build.

Ruth
That's pretty amazing! In my test game both the Tropical Romance Island and the Magical Rainforest are unlockable for §2,000,000! That's not event a lot of simoleons for this game! (Once I bought one the price for the other one became §2,400,000.)

However, I feel for anyone who purchased these locations for real money in the past. I'm getting real sick of this game FM plays with us regarding real money.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

mockingbird288z wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 07:50
telemwill wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 02:37 I was able to purchase the Rainbow Forest (I think that's its name) for simoleons. The places in it are unlocked and ready to build.

Ruth
That's pretty amazing! In my test game both the Tropical Romance Island and the Magical Rainforest are unlockable for §2,000,000! That's not event a lot of simoleons for this game! (Once I bought one the price for the other one became §2,400,000.)

However, I feel for anyone who purchased these locations for real money in the past. I'm getting real sick of this game FM plays with us regarding real money.
Me too! I just bought the Romance Island for thirty dollars. I think I will not spend that much real money again. But I am happy to finally have them both unlocked.

Ruth
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
LittleBean
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by LittleBean »

We can place furniture in front of the island villa windows now, but not the windows from the curtain event (sorry can’t remeber what it was called).
Attachments
00F28BCF-9F62-42E9-9BF9-78D4D4163457.jpeg
65899418-9D65-4F87-957B-A665A687F4DD.jpeg
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

LittleBean wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 20:38 We can place furniture in front of the island villa windows now, but not the windows from the curtain event (sorry can’t remeber what it was called).
Nice :) we can also place things in front of paintings that we couldn't before and the planters have their own category in the home store :) Also can children be adopted now? I saw it on youtube but I'm not sure.