Can’t attend Party Please help!

All topics for the new title The Sims Mobile!
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Can’t attend Party Please help!

Post by contrarysims »

SKatF wrote: 29 Mar 2018, 18:03 Well, I apparently can't host a birthday party as I'm getting s message that my sim hasn't just earned a new trait. And both my sims have all traits possible (are ready to retire.) So I believe I need to wait until I'm willing to retire a Sim to host a party.

So advice to anyone just starting, host that birthday party before you earn all your traits, as it will unlock other parties, and you won't be stuck, like me.
There are other types of parties you can have. If you get married, you'll be able to host a wedding party. There's Studio Parties, if you have a sim in the fashion designer career. Foodie parties for chef sims, Concert parties for music hobbies/careers. If you get your sims into careers and hobbies more options should open up.
HFN Community House, 2 Divers Way
HH Art school gallery, 3 Firehouse Road
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

contrarysims wrote: 29 Mar 2018, 22:46
SKatF wrote: 29 Mar 2018, 18:03 Well, I apparently can't host a birthday party as I'm getting s message that my sim hasn't just earned a new trait. And both my sims have all traits possible (are ready to retire.) So I believe I need to wait until I'm willing to retire a Sim to host a party.

So advice to anyone just starting, host that birthday party before you earn all your traits, as it will unlock other parties, and you won't be stuck, like me.
There are other types of parties you can have. If you get married, you'll be able to host a wedding party. There's Studio Parties, if you have a sim in the fashion designer career. Foodie parties for chef sims, Concert parties for music hobbies/careers. If you get your sims into careers and hobbies more options should open up.
I think the first party must be a birthday party, and if you miss your opportunity for that (after getting a new trait) you're blocked from hosting any party until you retire your sim and start over with a new one who can earn a trait. (This is, if I've figured it out correctly. If not, I welcome education.)
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

SKatF wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 18:59

I think the first party must be a birthday party, and if you miss your opportunity for that (after getting a new trait) you're blocked from hosting any party until you retire your sim and start over with a new one who can earn a trait. (This is, if I've figured it out correctly. If not, I welcome education.)
Oh, I see. The fact that it was the first birthday party went over my head.

You say "both" your Sims - are you able to get more than 2 sims? I've been hearing people claim that they can't unlock new playable sims without simcash, but Im pretty sure I just unlocked them by levelling up. Unless they've changed it.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

contrarysims wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 22:15

You say "both" your Sims - are you able to get more than 2 sims? I've been hearing people claim that they can't unlock new playable sims without simcash, but Im pretty sure I just unlocked them by levelling up. Unless they've changed it.
Now it costs 175 Simcash to unlock the 3rd playable sim. I'm not sure how much it costs for the fourth one but I imagine it's a lot more than 175 Simcash.
IMG_6938.PNG
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

I just purchased my 3rd sim. The 4th sim costs 515 Simcash. So that won't happen for a long time. Lol
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Yep, it's the first birthday party opportunity I missed. Now, if I try to throw a party, it looks like this
Screenshot_2018-03-30-22-14-36.png
If I get enough simcash before retiring a sim (working on finishing a hobby and working shifts to accumulate cash first) I will consider another playable sim. Good idea.

When you buy another playable sim, can you make it one of your children who has groewn up, or do you need to create a new one?
contrarysims
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by contrarysims »

SKatF wrote: 31 Mar 2018, 03:32

Yep, it's the first birthday party opportunity I missed. Now, if I try to throw a party, it looks like this
Screenshot_2018-03-30-22-14-36.png

If I get enough simcash before retiring a sim (working on finishing a hobby and working shifts to accumulate cash first) I will consider another playable sim. Good idea.

When you buy another playable sim, can you make it one of your children who has groewn up, or do you need to create a new one?
I feel like this party issue should be reported to support. It's pretty silly for players to be able to get stuck this way.

And yes, once you have an slot open you can either create a new sim or promote one of your existing non-playable sims via the family portrait.
(If you want to promote one of the kids, make sure you don't tap the + sign that will appear in the simtracker, because that will take you into create-a-sim and you won't be able to cancel out of it. You'll be forced to make the new sim and won't be able to get them out of your house until they're ready to retire. I had a random freeloading "cousin" in my household for a while because of this.)

It really sucks that they've locked the extra slots away behind simcash - and so expensive as well!
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

mockingbird288z wrote: 31 Mar 2018, 03:18 I just purchased my 3rd sim. The 4th sim costs 515 Simcash. So that won't happen for a long time. Lol
This price is actually outrageous. I really don't know what they were thinking when they made everything so much harder for the worldwide release. I remember when they significantly increased the wait times for objects to recharge energy and they made an official statment that it is just a temporary change until the worldwide release so the earlier players won't be that much ahead, yeah they still didn't change that back. The whole thing is pretty weird.
mockingbird288z

Simsaddict456 wrote: 31 Mar 2018, 07:04
mockingbird288z wrote: 31 Mar 2018, 03:18 I just purchased my 3rd sim. The 4th sim costs 515 Simcash. So that won't happen for a long time. Lol
This price is actually outrageous. I really don't know what they were thinking when they made everything so much harder for the worldwide release. I remember when they significantly increased the wait times for objects to recharge energy and they made an official statment that it is just a temporary change until the worldwide release so the earlier players won't be that much ahead, yeah they still didn't change that back. The whole thing is pretty weird.
I was shocked when I saw it. I was expecting around 350 simcash, maybe a little more. You know, something like twice as much as the third sim. I was definitely not expecting over 500 simcash. I don't know if it's something that I should even work towards. I want them to change it but knowing my luck they will change it just after I finally save up the cash for it and buy the 4th sim.

It's certainly disappointing.