Can you influence how your kids look?

All topics for the new title The Sims Mobile!
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Can you influence how your kids look?

Post by SKatF »

I hate that the kids look the way the game randomly chooses them to look and I can't change it. I doubt that it will change soon. If there is any way to influence the outcome, I want to figure it out.

One thing I noticed with my two kids so far, is their hair was the same color as their parents. Both parents happened to have the same color hair at the time they woohooed for the kids. The girl was created when the parents both had pink hair and has pink hair. The boy was created when they both had grey hair and now I have a grey haired toddler!

Before I create the next kid, I am going to change both parent's hair to my preferred child hair color and see if this happens again.

Anyone else notice any patterns?
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-03-31-06-36-21-1.png
mockingbird288z

Re: Can you influence how your kids look?

Post by mockingbird288z »

I've noticed the hair thing but nothing else. My kids all ended up with the same hair as the sim who initiated the action to have a kid. I thought it was coincidence at first but it's happened with every kid. I wish we could control more.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
sevenofnine
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by sevenofnine »

I too wish we could have more control over toddlers and children. It would be nice to be able to pick out clothing and hair etc for them even if they are non-playable.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

Me too...I don’t understand 😧 why toddlers and kids have limited interactions ☹️
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

The 1st child created has black hair but she was adopted. Parents are not wed to each other ( I have not figure that one out during the time & jumped directly to raising up a child). Both parents have blonde to red hair but I have not tried black on them.
The 2nd child has the same hair as the same Father who is now married to another woman.
Messy family.
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

Talking about kids. Is there a limit? So far my sims have 2 children. One is a young woman & the other a boy.
But I dont think I want to add more as it's rather annoying that they wander about like "ghosts" or zombies... :lol: :lol: :lol:
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

The newest baby in my house got blue skin like her mom :)
Grandma Mina, Baby Tam, Mom Tabi
Grandma Mina, Baby Tam, Mom Tabi

If you tap on a toddler or preteen, there is an option to change the clothes. The children swirl around and get one of two or three random outfits. I‘d like to have the choice out of more outfits after tapping the birthday cake.

A nice thing is that you can totaly change your active sims without costs. New gender, name and everything can be changed.

playsims wrote: 01 Apr 2018, 08:55 Talking about kids. Is there a limit? So far my sims have 2 children. One is a young woman & the other a boy.
But I dont think I want to add more as it's rather annoying that they wander about like "ghosts" or zombies... :lol: :lol: :lol:
As far as I know you can have up to 10 sims in your house. (I‘m not sure if guests are included.)
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

What about the reverse? After the kids have grown up, any idea on how to make them leave the house?