Changes with update April 17th

Post your information regarding updates here
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Changes with update April 17th

Post by SKatF »

I just did a relationship story and there was an option to do it at the club, which I haven't unlocked yet. It was nice to get a preview.

I did notice the home option was the only one that had a short and longer time option. The other locations (hospital and club in this case) were for the shortest times.
Contrary is sports buddies with my sim Peter.
Contrary is sports buddies with my sim Peter.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I noticed after doing several relationship events that it seems you are offered a site other than the home the first time only. If you immediately do another of the same relationship event, home is only option. Take a break with another activity (hobby or work) and return to relationship and the non-home options returned.

By the way, the rewards and time are the same, regardless of site. It just offers a change in site and actions, and possibly ability to coordinate two or more events at the same site.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I think maybe there's another issue with the new update...

I bought a new male shirt cause I realized I tended to focus on female clothing (they're nicer lol). And it almost got me to a new Lifestyle so I thought I would get a new, cheaper item to push me over. Only it didn't. I thought that was amazing that it was so close but not enough so I bought something else. Still didn't push me over.

I ended up buying more stuff than I had planned but I still haven't gotten to a new lifestyle. The bar looks pretty full to me and the numbers keep increasing but my lifestyle title hasn't increased.
IMG_7656.JPG
Since the numbers are increasing I'm not too worried about it. But I can see this being incredibly frustrating for someone who has a quest to increase their lifestyle.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
mockingbird288z

mockingbird288z wrote: 19 Apr 2018, 03:09 I think maybe there's another issue with the new update...

I bought a new male shirt cause I realized I tended to focus on female clothing (they're nicer lol). And it almost got me to a new Lifestyle so I thought I would get a new, cheaper item to push me over. Only it didn't. I thought that was amazing that it was so close but not enough so I bought something else. Still didn't push me over.

I ended up buying more stuff than I had planned but I still haven't gotten to a new lifestyle. The bar looks pretty full to me and the numbers keep increasing but my lifestyle title hasn't increased.

IMG_7656.JPG

Since the numbers are increasing I'm not too worried about it. But I can see this being incredibly frustrating for someone who has a quest to increase their lifestyle.
False alarm! I purchased a new heirloom today and it bumped up my lifestyle title.

Maybe they just messed with the bar. I thought it was always pretty in sync with how much you needed to go before moving up. :/
Jemappellelaura
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Jemappellelaura »

Has anyone’s ASOS event started yet? It’s 9am April 19 here, did the whole “new day” thing, but no event that I can find so far... :(
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Jemappellelaura wrote: 19 Apr 2018, 12:53 Has anyone’s ASOS event started yet? It’s 9am April 19 here, did the whole “new day” thing, but no event that I can find so far... :(
Yes. FYI, there's a new thread to discuss the event.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I have two new relationship stories available. Not sure if it's due to the update or from leveling up.
I wonder if the Better Late Than Never requires a retired sim? Haven't tried it yet but it could be fun.
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-04-19-15-07-37-1.png
Screenshot_2018-04-19-15-07-30-1.png
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Just had a mini update in my Play Store and my games seems to be moving between locations without freezing up (fingers crossed.)
Attachments
After update
After update
mockingbird288z

SKatF wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 00:04 I have two new relationship stories available. Not sure if it's due to the update or from leveling up.
I wonder if the Better Late Than Never requires a retired sim? Haven't tried it yet but it could be fun.
They were added with the update. I haven't tried it, either, but that was my take on it. And the sibling rivalry one would need to be done between siblings. Hopefully for that we can use siblings that have "moved on". I've got lots of foster siblings that visited for awhile and are no longer in the house but show up as contacts for my sims. I don't want to spend time with two playable sims on the same story.

Edit: Just started the Sibling Rivalry with my sim's sister that is no longer in the house (she's was moved out when she because an adult and no longer is in the family portrait but is still listed as a contact for my sim). Yay!

Edit again: And my other sim is now in a relationship story (Better late than never) with retired Brynn! I think it does have to be a retired sim. (I'm curious to see what will happen when/if Brynn gets the "birthday cake of death". Hopefully she'll still be in the contacts like my other sim's sister.)
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

mockingbird288z wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 02:50 […]

Edit again: And my other sim is now in a relationship story (Better late than never) with retired Brynn! I think it does have to be a retired sim. (I'm curious to see what will happen when/if Brynn gets the "birthday cake of death". Hopefully she'll still be in the contacts like my other sim's sister.)
My sim Urs started this story with his retired sister Tam and I sped it up because I didn‘t want to risk losing her. When her mom had left the family she still showed up in the contacts, but my sims couldn‘t interact with her anymore.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View