May update wedding quest discussion

Post your information regarding updates here
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: May update wedding quest discussion

Post by SKatF »

playsims wrote: 11 May 2018, 00:04 From the above discussion, do you mean that it's better to do the wedding quest with 2 playable sims, that means your own 2 sims?
If that is do, I can kiss this quest good-bye. the quest is only good for 2 days but I dont find the instructions from the game helpful. i have to stumble my way around.
I guess you could do it with only 1 player controlled sim if you are really on it and help your sim a lot. Never let a minute go by not doing something on the quest. (ie no real life.) Cupcakes to refill energy would help.
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

Will try if I can finish the event but am not going to use my hardearned simcash which i need to fund for the 4th Sim.
Is there anything special about the Honeymoon Suite? Do they add energy? If they are just for "looks", I dont mind not getting them if I can not finish the quest.
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

I heard that the quest resets every time a new couple gets engaged? So if you fail the quest the first time you can try again? I haven't even started it so I don't know really, none of my sims are ready to be married.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Simsaddict456 wrote: 11 May 2018, 11:14 I heard that the quest resets every time a new couple gets engaged? So if you fail the quest the first time you can try again? I haven't even started it so I don't know really, none of my sims are ready to be married.
I will try this and let forum know.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

SKatF wrote: 11 May 2018, 21:24
Simsaddict456 wrote: 11 May 2018, 11:14 I heard that the quest resets every time a new couple gets engaged? So if you fail the quest the first time you can try again? I haven't even started it so I don't know really, none of my sims are ready to be married.
I will try this and let forum know.
Thank you! Thank you! I got a sim engaged again and have another chance. It doesn't keep your progress, you have to start over from the beginning, by the way.

Also, recomnend you DO NOT start the engagement story while giving a party. The target sim would not come to the house. I could call him to other locations but couldn't get him to the house. I was able to do the story without him by using the furniture options but Abra felt pretty silly talking to herself on the sofa and at table. And no risky action options possible.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

There was a deal for $4.99 for 550 simcash and 50 cupcakes. I caved and bought it. I then purchased my 4th sim and created a new sim so I could use two sims for this quest (all my other sims were related). I noticed as I was doing a romantic story with my new sim Brenda and Eli that all event times with them have been half of what they normally would be. So it's not just limited to this quest-line. I don't know if this is new to this update or not, though. The only other time I was doing a story with two playable sims was the first day I downloaded the game - I did two events with my two sims and thought I was wasting time that way. It it's always been this way I wasn't really wasting time just didn't realize it would be done in half the time. Also you can use both sims to help speed it up which is a nice bonus.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Well, I'm making progress in wedding quest but it's a struggle with 1 playable sim. I'm using cupcakes and items in the house to restore energy to help my sim complete tasks faster.

I've also run into a couple of other issues besides the tasks taking 8 hours instead of 4. The partner often does not want to show up at the needed location when called. For example, when I tried to call him downtown to do the club event, he kept showing up at the courthouse. The event would not start there. What worked for me was to send my playable sim home or to another location like Parkside, call the partner there, then move my sim back to the Club and call him there. Eventually he did show up at the Club and the needed task was available.

Another thing was I was at level 7 in my relationship story with him, although I was at 10 in the relationship bar. (Don't know how that happened, maybe because activities in wedding quest progressed it in one but not the other.) Occasionally, no matter what I tried, I could not get the needed task to appear, just the next relationship task. I gave up, did the next relationship event, and once it was done, could access the wedding task. Downside was it took time and energy from my sim that I wanted to use on the wedding quest.

Finally, sometimes the needed task would not show up until I changed the relationship (friendly, flirty, rival) a couple times, even though my only relationship ever with this sim was flirty.

I highly recommend you do this quest with 2 player controlled sims, or be prepared to fight it at every step.
mockingbird288z

I also ran into the issue of needing to complete the relationship chapter story before being able to continue with the event. However now I'm stuck. I can see the next event for the quest (Here Comes the Wedding) but it's locked and says "Participate in the Wedding Quest".

I've tried force closing the game, going to different locations, doing a regular relationship event and nothing will unlock the next quest event. Does anyone else know of a way to get the game to recognize that you are participating in the wedding quest?

Along with what SKatF recommends for this quest I would add to start it only with sims that are already completely done with their relationship story.

Edit: I found it. I'm supposed to be doing the "Something New" event now which is available.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

mockingbird288z wrote: 12 May 2018, 16:33 I also ran into the issue of needing to complete the relationship chapter story before being able to continue with the event. However now I'm stuck. I can see the next event for the quest (Here Comes the Wedding) but it's locked and says "Participate in the Wedding Quest".

I've tried force closing the game, going to different locations, doing a regular relationship event and nothing will unlock the next quest event. Does anyone else know of a way to get the game to recognize that you are participating in the wedding quest?

Along with what SKatF recommends for this quest I would add to start it only with sims that are already completely done with their relationship story.

Edit: I found it. I'm supposed to be doing the "Something New" event now which is available.
Glad you found it. This quest is such a struggle.
mockingbird288z

SKatF wrote: 13 May 2018, 01:18
mockingbird288z wrote: 12 May 2018, 16:33 I also ran into the issue of needing to complete the relationship chapter story before being able to continue with the event. However now I'm stuck. I can see the next event for the quest (Here Comes the Wedding) but it's locked and says "Participate in the Wedding Quest".

Glad you found it. This quest is such a struggle.
I'm glad too! :lol: I think with all the issues with this quest I was anticipating a glitch and then I was thrown by the words on the locked action ("participate in the wedding quest"?... I am participating in the wedding quest darn it!!).

Yes! It's so disjointed. Hopefully they will fix these little aggravations in the future. The time limit should be where it is possible to finish while using only 1 playable sim, having to do relationship stories shouldn't override event stories, and the event stories shouldn't be hidden under "friendly" actions. Although it's a very nice surprise that you don't completely lose out on the prize for finishing. It's great that you can start over and still unlock the furniture!