I need Stickers!

All topics for the new title The Sims Mobile!
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Posts: 303
Joined: 11 Apr 2017, 20:41
x 136

Re: I need Stickers!

Post by Simsaddict456 » 15 May 2018, 04:37

SKatF wrote:
15 May 2018, 03:54
Simsaddict456 wrote:
14 May 2018, 20:34
Woo I got my fashion gems, all 36 of them :D and I also got stickers for a sim I retired a few hours ago and 5 stars was enough for me to get three stars, is it possible that requirements vary from player to player?
Did you retire the sim after the contest ended? But maybe before you got the gem's earned report?

I was afraid to retire Maria until I actually got her gems, because someone reported she did not get the gems earned by her sim who retired before the contest closed. But if you got them on a recently retired sim, maybe I only need have waited until the contest closed.
I waited after the contest closed and before I got the report :) but I advise people to wait anyway. Maybe cool stickers actually had higher requirements but I wouldn't be surprised if it is actually tied to the player level or something like that..
1 x

User avatar
mockingbird288z
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6012
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 04:51
Location: Florida; UTC -4:00
x 833
Contact:

Re: I need Stickers!

Post by mockingbird288z » 15 May 2018, 05:24

Simsaddict456 wrote:
15 May 2018, 04:37
SKatF wrote:
15 May 2018, 03:54
Simsaddict456 wrote:
14 May 2018, 20:34
Woo I got my fashion gems, all 36 of them :D and I also got stickers for a sim I retired a few hours ago and 5 stars was enough for me to get three stars, is it possible that requirements vary from player to player?
Did you retire the sim after the contest ended? But maybe before you got the gem's earned report?

I was afraid to retire Maria until I actually got her gems, because someone reported she did not get the gems earned by her sim who retired before the contest closed. But if you got them on a recently retired sim, maybe I only need have waited until the contest closed.
I waited after the contest closed and before I got the report :) but I advise people to wait anyway. Maybe cool stickers actually had higher requirements but I wouldn't be surprised if it is actually tied to the player level or something like that..
Okay but if it were level-based wouldn't it make more sense for it to be the lower level players needing less stickers to get 3-stars? Yet I'm fairly sure I'm at a lower level than both of you. So a more advanced player would need less stickers? Doesn't make sense to me. None of it does. It being a glitch makes more sense.
3 x
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Home Renovation Update

SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran
Posts: 1390
Joined: 08 Dec 2015, 22:58
x 448

Re: I need Stickers!

Post by SKatF » 15 May 2018, 11:20

I'm trying for the hipster stickers but not sure I have the look down. Maria retired but I'm having fun with newly promoted sim Kaatja (daughter of Aadrian and his wife Brynn) as she experiments with her style.
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-05-15-07-04-24-1.png
Maria C, Aadrian, Abra, Kaatje (using names of my Dutch relatives, they'll never know!)
0 x

User avatar
mockingbird288z
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6012
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 04:51
Location: Florida; UTC -4:00
x 833
Contact:

Re: I need Stickers!

Post by mockingbird288z » 15 May 2018, 16:55

SKatF wrote:
15 May 2018, 11:20
I'm trying for the hipster stickers but not sure I have the look down. Maria retired but I'm having fun with newly promoted sim Kaatja (daughter of Aadrian and his wife Brynn) as she experiments with her style.
I think Aadrian is definitely good for hipster. Abra and Kaatja are okay as well although I'm not sure about the pants for Abra. The top for Maria C. looks more causal to me than hipster.

I tried googling it for more specific info than what I mentioned earlier. Distressed jeans like Kaatja and Maria C. are wearing is a hipster thing. Pastel hair, overalls, and suspenders are also hipster. Really, really old/vintage is also hipster but that gets hard to do in the game. I've got a dress from Izzy that looks like a saloon dress from the late 1800s to me. I put Brenda in that and got 4 hipster stickers.

The irony of hipsters is that they are all about their individuality while dressing the same. "It's only cool if no one else is doing it." It's a popular style now so it's not unique which cancels out the whole tenent of "hipster".

There's probably also some confusion from other players about what hipster is so while you can dress your sim in a hipster outfit someone else may not know what hipster is and think you are going for cool or casual.
1 x
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Home Renovation Update

User avatar
mockingbird288z
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6012
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 04:51
Location: Florida; UTC -4:00
x 833
Contact:

Re: I need Stickers!

Post by mockingbird288z » 15 May 2018, 17:07

I haven't changed Eli's clothes in about 2 weeks because I figured what he was wearing could go for hipster or casual and he always gets enough stickers anyway.

Emery is wearing what he was wearing for last weeks cool stickers. I was going for cool again.

Mariana and Brenda were dressed for hipster stickers.

The only thing I'm really confused about is how many hipster stickers Emery has. 4? Overall, my sims did okay enough that I'm not going to change their outfits today. Eh, I might change Mariana's bottoms.
32580656_2061904034068403_2208202519786553344_n.jpg
32475805_2061904044068402_4342847320832868352_n.jpg
Edit: Changed my mind - Mariana's new hipster look:
32543009_2061925214066285_1727217649227661312_n.jpg
3 x
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Home Renovation Update

SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran
Posts: 1390
Joined: 08 Dec 2015, 22:58
x 448

Re: I need Stickers!

Post by SKatF » 18 May 2018, 14:50

These are my current sims
Screenshot_2018-05-18-10-31-14-1.png
Sticker count is in order of Casual-Cool-Hipster
Maria C 5-10-12. (needs casual)
Aadrian 7-7-12
Abra 12-12-16
Kaatje 5-2-6 (needs all)

Th reason I listed it this way is that I am becoming troubled by a trend. Kaatje daily gets significantly less stickers than her sisters. Despite attending the same events. I also rotate outfits and it has happened when all three ladies were essentally in the same outfit with different colors. I am wondering if participants ( not members of this forum, necessarily, because most or all of the parties I've attended this week were not forum members) are favoring caucasian style female sims. I am considering Megan Marklizing Kaatje (non textured hair, etc) and seeing if that makes a difference.

Any thoughts? What has your experience been with sim appearance and stickers?
1 x

SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran
Posts: 1390
Joined: 08 Dec 2015, 22:58
x 448

Re: I need Stickers!

Post by SKatF » 18 May 2018, 14:58

SKatF wrote:
18 May 2018, 14:50
These are my current sims
Screenshot_2018-05-18-10-31-14-1.png

Sticker count is in order of Casual-Cool-Hipster
Maria C 5-10-12. (needs casual)
Aadrian 7-7-12
Abra 12-12-16
Kaatje 5-2-6 (needs all)

Th reason I listed it this way is that I am becoming troubled by a trend. Kaatje daily gets significantly less stickers than her sisters. Despite attending the same events. I also rotate outfits and it has happened when all three ladies were essentally in the same outfit with different colors. I am wondering if participants ( not members of this forum, necessarily, because most or all of the parties I've attended this week were not forum members) are favoring caucasian style female sims. I am considering Megan Marklizing Kaatje (non textured hair, etc) and seeing if that makes a difference.

Any thoughts? What has your experience been with sim appearance and stickers?
OK here we go. Let's see how Maria C and Kaatje do today.
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-05-18-10-54-40-1.png
1 x

User avatar
mockingbird288z
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6012
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 04:51
Location: Florida; UTC -4:00
x 833
Contact:

Re: I need Stickers!

Post by mockingbird288z » 18 May 2018, 16:56

SKatF wrote:
18 May 2018, 14:50
These are my current sims
Screenshot_2018-05-18-10-31-14-1.png

Sticker count is in order of Casual-Cool-Hipster
Maria C 5-10-12. (needs casual)
Aadrian 7-7-12
Abra 12-12-16
Kaatje 5-2-6 (needs all)

Th reason I listed it this way is that I am becoming troubled by a trend. Kaatje daily gets significantly less stickers than her sisters. Despite attending the same events. I also rotate outfits and it has happened when all three ladies were essentally in the same outfit with different colors. I am wondering if participants ( not members of this forum, necessarily, because most or all of the parties I've attended this week were not forum members) are favoring caucasian style female sims. I am considering Megan Marklizing Kaatje (non textured hair, etc) and seeing if that makes a difference.

Any thoughts? What has your experience been with sim appearance and stickers?
I haven't noticed any difference between my sims with different skin tones but I did have to make Emery slimmer a couple of weeks back to start getting stickers for him. I could go days and he wouldn't get even one sticker. Slimmed him up and the stickers started coming. :(
0 x
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Home Renovation Update

User avatar
mockingbird288z
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6012
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 04:51
Location: Florida; UTC -4:00
x 833
Contact:

Re: I need Stickers!

Post by mockingbird288z » 18 May 2018, 17:04

I need casual stickers for Emery. He's got plenty of the other stickers and all my others sims have enough of each sticker.

I've taken Emery's beard away. Hopefully that will stop the cool and hipster stickers and lean people to casual.
0 x
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Home Renovation Update

SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran
Posts: 1390
Joined: 08 Dec 2015, 22:58
x 448

Re: I need Stickers!

Post by SKatF » 18 May 2018, 18:14

mockingbird288z wrote:
18 May 2018, 17:04
I need casual stickers for Emery. He's got plenty of the other stickers and all my others sims have enough of each sticker.

I've taken Emery's beard away. Hopefully that will stop the cool and hipster stickers and lean people to casual.
Got him for one. The beard clue may help.

I was speculating it isn't skin tones, but maybe the braids. Like ethnic hair is not as attractive to the average player.

I hope I'm wrong and don't mean to interject other discussions into what's supposed to be fun and relaxing. Some players are so creative with their sim names and appearances. Such fun. Others, like me tend to make their sims reflect their own family's names and appearance. I guess I was concerned when one of my sim "children" seemed to be getting ignored, and started speculating why.

I do agree there is still weight issues in the sim world as well as the real one. I noticed when I plumped up one of my sims as she aged, she got less stickers. I did not change anything else.
0 x

Post Reply