Relationship stories: Sibling Rivalry

All topics for the new title The Sims Mobile!
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Relationship stories: Sibling Rivalry

Post by SKatF »

I had some trouble acessing this story. I have a habit of having all family members start a relationship with new family members right away, and that was tbe problem.

What worked for me is to start with 2 siblings who had no relationship with each other. Fortunately, I had a NPC sim adopted sister who aged up. Then, before the very first action, I set the mood to rival and went from there. When I finished that first start a relationship thing, I got the option for Sibling Rivalry.
mockingbird288z

Re: Relationship stories: Sibling Rivalry

Post by mockingbird288z »

Something interesting happened to me with this story. I tried using a sim that was a sibling but one that I had moved out of the house to make room for more children. I found one, Addison, in the contacts of my sim Emery. I called her over and had them do a rival action. Everything went normally and I was able to start the Sibling Rivalry story. They got to level 3. Everything was normal.

But now that story is missing from Emery's stories. Addison still shows as a contact and shows that they are level 3 in their relationship but it just says "Sister" under her name and not "Rivaling Relatives" (the chapter they were on). The Sibling Rivalry story has the blue open book to show a story that was started, too.

I accidentally open the game on my ipad today. I hadn't opened it for about two weeks there so it opened to downloading the update. I quickly closed it to prevent losing things like I had in the past when switching devices. I checked my phone and all the stuff looked normal with all sims except this one mission story. Emery's other relationship story (with SKatF's Aadrian) is still there. I think that if opening the game on my ipad had messed with Emery's stories it would have messed with all of them and not just one.

I'm working on speeding up Emery's current event to call over Addison and see what happens with her. But maybe this is going to be one of those things where we have to do it with a sim in the house.

Edit: Looks like her hair has turned gray and she has "moved on". Although Emery is free Addison's socialize button is grayed out. Sigh.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Oh man that‘s mean. It‘s so much work and you have to go through the mean tasks again.

I had to wait for a new sibling to grow up, since none of my playable sims had brother or sister out there. While working on the story I found it turned into friendly tasks. That was a relief to me.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
mockingbird288z

ErinPW wrote: 26 Apr 2018, 06:52 Oh man that‘s mean. It‘s so much work and you have to go through the mean tasks again.

I had to wait for a new sibling to grow up, since none of my playable sims had brother or sister out there. While working on the story I found it turned into friendly tasks. That was a relief to me.
Yes, I don't like doing the rival actions or events just like I don't like "complain" in FreePlay. On top of that, sibling rivalry!? Good to hear it turns into friendly tasks. I won't dread doing it so much now. :)
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

mockingbird288z wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 03:14
ErinPW wrote: 26 Apr 2018, 06:52 Oh man that‘s mean. It‘s so much work and you have to go through the mean tasks again.

Yes, I don't like doing the rival actions or events just like I don't like "complain" in FreePlay. On top of that, sibling rivalry!? Good to hear it turns into friendly tasks. I won't dread doing it so much now. :)
I wonder if we can change from rival to friendly with the other rude storys. I‘m done with them and picked NPCs, so it was something like „Thank you for the annoying things and bugs in the game, EA“. :twisted:
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

I must be "mean". I do enjoy incorporating meanness & rivalry in my sims. Being nice & friendly gets to be so boring.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have not been able finish the Intergeneration Relationship - Better Late than Never. I have done that 2 or 3 times, all with sims who have already move out but still hang around the house. Always got dimmed more than half way as the said Said went away! Ugh... Next time I'll try with 2 playable sims instead. Any advice?
mockingbird288z

playsims wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 00:14 I must be "mean". I do enjoy incorporating meanness & rivalry in my sims. Being nice & friendly gets to be so boring.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have not been able finish the Intergeneration Relationship - Better Late than Never. I have done that 2 or 3 times, all with sims who have already move out but still hang around the house. Always got dimmed more than half way as the said Said went away! Ugh... Next time I'll try with 2 playable sims instead. Any advice?
I don't think you can do it with two playable sims. It's a story that has to be done with a playable sim and a retired sim. I'm planning on retiring all my sims on Monday and then have one of my new sims do the Better Late Than Never Relationship story, and only that story, until it's done.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

mockingbird288z wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 01:16
playsims wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 00:14 I must be "mean". I do enjoy incorporating meanness & rivalry in my sims. Being nice & friendly gets to be so boring.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think you can do it with two playable sims. It's a story that has to be done with a playable sim and a retired sim. I'm planning on retiring all my sims on Monday and then have one of my new sims do the Better Late Than Never Relationship story, and only that story, until it's done.
I finished by doing it just as you said .. only working on that story. I made sure the active sim had no other story started with the retiree. In fact they weren't even friends. Then when I made them friends, the story was available.

You are brave to retire all your sims at once. You will have limited income as they all rebuild occupational levels and need to rebuild friendships too. I retire one at a time.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Gosh, I think the last few posts should be under the topic Relationship Events: Better Late Than Never