Summer Barbecue Event

This section is for The Sims Mobile Events
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Summer Barbecue Event

Post by SKatF »

Yes, there doesn't seem to be any big item that would help at a party like the hot tub or the bubble bar. Unless the BBQ grill is like that.

Getting new clothing is great, as new furniture may be difficult to use due to item limit.

One tip: whhen I do the Experiment at home event, I put my expensive table and potted plants in inventory and put out a couple cheapies. It really saves on repair costs. I hate how events at home require you to use things and then they break. Also, I've never had the items that start hobbies (desk, piano, yoga mat, stove (cooker), etc. break, so I use the stove action whenever it's offered in this event.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

One thing that bugs me about events like this one is the random nature of the prizes means you often get partial sets of furniture or clothing with no way to get the rest. So for hot tub event, for example, I had 3 tables but only 1 matching chair; one piece of a two piece swim suit; etc.

I can see this one going that way too. With all the different kinds of chairs, for example, you could end up with a mismatched bunch of stuff.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Based on past events where the big item was the the first item in the list of prizes I would say "The Original Haute Dog" costume is the big prize but I can see the grill being the item that might need other items to unlock all of the actions and has the action for extra XP at parties.

____

I just always have the cheap items out at my house. I buy something new for the to-do list and it immediately goes into my inventory. My highest expensive item to fix is the Flat Out Great Table. The most it's been to fix is around 60 simoleons.

____

I'm not looking forward to possibly having mismatched furniture, either. I still wish I got one more chair from the Hot Tub event. I got two tables and one chair from that. :roll:
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

The event just started for me this morning. At least by this time I already got the women's jumpsuit & men's floral shirt. Not bad. I think this may be less frustrating than the "Arabian Nights" event...
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Much less frustrating, unless you're panting for one particular item.

I've been getting duplicates of clothing. This was my consolation prize. One or two gems would be more welcome.

I did get 15 simcash once.

By the way, what's with those tower-like outdoor heaters? Are they a big deal sonewhere? Can't imagine needing one, much less eight of them. Where I come from, if you're outside and it's cool, you just have a bonfire and maybe roast hotdogs or some marshmallows!

Speaking of bonfires, Happy 4th of July to our USA forum members!
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-07-04-23-18-00-1.png
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

SKatF wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 03:28 I did get 15 simcash once.

By the way, what's with those tower-like outdoor heaters? Are they a big deal sonewhere? Can't imagine needing one, much less eight of them. Where I come from, if you're outside and it's cool, you just have a bonfire and maybe roast hotdogs or some marshmallows!
I realized that the quest is definitely the easy part, but when it comes to other prizes I am not doing that great, I've got simcash twice now and I have 5 of those plain chairs already, in fact I have all the common prizes and from uncommon and rare ones I only have the male shirt. I would love to get the jumpsuit or maybe the sunglasses and the hat.

If I am not mistaken the heater in the main game was a part of dine out pack, it suppose to represent heaters in restaurants they use for people that sit outside but I've never seen them used in summer.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

I gotta say, totally loved spending 250 lemon slices to get 1 (one!) super home ticket. :roll:
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

Well, it seems I now have at least one of everything except the hot dog costume, which I don't really care about. Just about the only thing that would be good for, I think, is getting "silly" stickers. Especially if I made a Sim, called him Joey Chestnut, and had him always eating at parties.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

simmare wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 21:32 Well, it seems I now have at least one of everything except the hot dog costume, which I don't really care about. Just about the only thing that would be good for, I think, is getting "silly" stickers. Especially if I made a Sim, called him Joey Chestnut, and had him always eating at parties.
If you have the BBQ grill, could you let us know about actions? And does it need other items to unlock actions, like the hot tub needed the illuminated wall and the pink tree?
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Typical .. 3 tables, 2 mismatched dining chairs. The steel armchairs will not tuck up to a table. They are living room type chairs, not dining chairs.

But there's more days in the event, so we'll see....
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-07-05-20-36-41-1.png