Summer Barbecue Event

This section is for The Sims Mobile Events
mockingbird288z

Re: Summer Barbecue Event

Post by mockingbird288z »

I'm also still missing the hot dog and the grill. I got the simcash twice which was nice. I'm happy that I have matching sets with all the other items.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

Still missing the hotdog dress, barbeque & chill towers. I dont care about the chill towers but would like at least 1 griller.

Dont know why it's so hard to get when there are 4. Maybe just reserve for those who has used real cash? Same with previous event. No hot tub for me either as I dont fork out real cash?
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

playsims wrote: 09 Jul 2018, 22:56 Still missing the hotdog dress, barbeque & chill towers. I dont care about the chill towers but would like at least 1 griller.

Dont know why it's so hard to get when there are 4. Maybe just reserve for those who has used real cash? Same with previous event. No hot tub for me either as I dont fork out real cash?
Not to rub it in, but YAY! This just happened. It was with 250 tokens I earned randomly doing normal activities (the ice chest), not spending simcash for picnic basket. So it is possible.
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-07-09-23-01-46-1.png
mockingbird288z

SKatF wrote: 10 Jul 2018, 03:08
playsims wrote: 09 Jul 2018, 22:56 Still missing the hotdog dress, barbeque & chill towers. I dont care about the chill towers but would like at least 1 griller.

Not to rub it in, but YAY! This just happened. It was with 250 tokens I earned randomly doing normal activities (the ice chest), not spending simcash for picnic basket. So it is possible.
Congrats!!
mockingbird288z

I agree with SKatF, I really don't think it's a real cash vs. not situation. I got the Hot Tub without spending real cash and every event on reddit or Facebook there are people posting how they got the big item out of their first box (without spending real money). I think it's just a really low chance for those items beyond what the game lists. Like they say it's a 15% chance at a rare item - I don't really believe each rare item has an equal 15% chance.

I'm not ever going to spend sim cash or real money on sim cash to use on the "improved chances" option simply because of how devastating it would be to get a repeat after spending so much.

I know I've opened at least 53 boxes and I should still be able to open at least 2 more tomorrow before it ends. So I know I didn't slack off on this event. Totally slacked on the hot tub event and still got the hot tub so it's just a game of chance.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I decided to check out the actions on the BBQ grill. There are six.

The first two were Grab a Hot Dog and Grab a Hamburger. Both had strange annimation results. I don't know what is supposed to happen. I think maybe the sim goes to the refrigerator to get them. But instead, my sim walked around with the grill stuck to his head!
Screenshot_2018-07-10-11-42-10-1.png
Screenshot_2018-07-10-11-41-46-1.png
Then I tried the next two actions, Grill burgers and Grill hotdogs. That action was normal.
Screenshot_2018-07-10-11-42-27-1.png
The final two actions are Play with Fire (overuse of lighter fluid causes big flare up) and Show off grill skills (fancy flip of burgers.) By the way, I had only used the grill 4 or 5 times, when ....
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-07-10-11-43-15-1.png
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Simsaddict456 »

I didn't get the grill or the hot dog suit, but I did fish out all the furniture from my inventory and made a makeshift restaurant (or more like a garage sale) behing my house :lol: I will probably throw a party tomorrow :)
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

Event ended for me. Did not get the barbeque grill & the dress. Oh well, better luck next time.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I hope sometime Maxis will start selling the individual pieces of furniture and clothing from these events for reasonable ticket, simolean, or simcash prices. Then people can fill in partial sets. Or items they really wanted (one player said she was bummed not getting the hat, for example.)

They appear to be offering bigger items in Surprising Choice.