Brilliant Backyards Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
User avatar
mockingbird288z
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6189
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 04:51
Location: Florida; UTC -4:00
x 1094
Contact:

Re: Brilliant Backyards Update - Changes

Post by mockingbird288z » 04 Nov 2018, 04:09

SKatF wrote:
04 Nov 2018, 03:39
Is the Day Spa event coming Nov. 4 also a rerun? Of the event which first ran in 2016?
I fully expect it to be a rerun. It's a little curious they are calling it a live event, though. I'm not sure if the people who put the list together know that it was originally a community event or if the devs have "repackaged" the prizes to turn it into a live event. Once we know for sure I'll either sticky the original topic or create a new one.
2 x
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Brilliant Backyards Update

Thuraya
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler
Posts: 72
Joined: 25 Dec 2015, 12:33
x 46

Re: Brilliant Backyards Update - Changes

Post by Thuraya » 04 Nov 2018, 11:34

mockingbird288z wrote:
04 Nov 2018, 04:09
SKatF wrote:
04 Nov 2018, 03:39
Is the Day Spa event coming Nov. 4 also a rerun? Of the event which first ran in 2016?
I fully expect it to be a rerun. It's a little curious they are calling it a live event, though. I'm not sure if the people who put the list together know that it was originally a community event or if the devs have "repackaged" the prizes to turn it into a live event. Once we know for sure I'll either sticky the original topic or create a new one.
The prizes in this new live event are the ones originally offered as personal prizes only, the original community prizes are not a part of it. So we don't get the rectangular bathroom mats or the wearable towels. I was looking forward to finally completing my spa collection, and I am seriously disappointed.

In my game all prizes were unlocked and all working stations already useable. I won the spa with a mystery box previously so that could be the reason my progressbar is already filled to the end. This means in my case there are no constructor coins to be won by progressing. At least the daily goals do not require to buy or unlock prizes.
3 x

User avatar
CatharinaSophia
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler
Posts: 21
Joined: 23 Apr 2018, 12:34
x 2
Contact:

Re: Brilliant Backyards Update - Changes

Post by CatharinaSophia » 04 Nov 2018, 13:21

It appears in the Sauna Pack we got two new floors, one mossy one with square tiles and a long dark grey tile.
1 x
Feel free to add me on Twitter, we'll have loads of fun!
https://twitter.com/Catharina_Sims

User avatar
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran
Posts: 1369
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 11:55
x 122

Re: Brilliant Backyards Update - Changes

Post by telemwill » 04 Nov 2018, 17:44

Thuraya wrote:
04 Nov 2018, 11:34
mockingbird288z wrote:
04 Nov 2018, 04:09
SKatF wrote:
04 Nov 2018, 03:39
Is the Day Spa event coming Nov. 4 also a rerun? Of the event which first ran in 2016?
I fully expect it to be a rerun. It's a little curious they are calling it a live event, though. I'm not sure if the people who put the list together know that it was originally a community event or if the devs have "repackaged" the prizes to turn it into a live event. Once we know for sure I'll either sticky the original topic or create a new one.
The prizes in this new live event are the ones originally offered as personal prizes only, the original community prizes are not a part of it. So we don't get the rectangular bathroom mats or the wearable towels. I was looking forward to finally completing my spa collection, and I am seriously disappointed.

In my game all prizes were unlocked and all working stations already useable. I won the spa with a mystery box previously so that could be the reason my progressbar is already filled to the end. This means in my case there are no constructor coins to be won by progressing. At least the daily goals do not require to buy or unlock prizes.
Mine also had all the prizes unlocked except the last three which are two sets of constructo coins and the sp prize. I haven't unlocked the spa house yet.

Ruth
1 x
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.

User avatar
mockingbird288z
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6189
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 04:51
Location: Florida; UTC -4:00
x 1094
Contact:

Re: Brilliant Backyards Update - Changes

Post by mockingbird288z » 04 Nov 2018, 21:31

CatharinaSophia wrote:
04 Nov 2018, 13:21
It appears in the Sauna Pack we got two new floors, one mossy one with square tiles and a long dark grey tile.
Those aren't new. They've always been a part of the Sauna Pack.
1 x
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Brilliant Backyards Update

User avatar
mockingbird288z
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6189
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 04:51
Location: Florida; UTC -4:00
x 1094
Contact:

Re: Brilliant Backyards Update - Changes

Post by mockingbird288z » 04 Nov 2018, 21:34

Thuraya wrote:
04 Nov 2018, 11:34
mockingbird288z wrote:
04 Nov 2018, 04:09
SKatF wrote:
04 Nov 2018, 03:39
Is the Day Spa event coming Nov. 4 also a rerun? Of the event which first ran in 2016?
I fully expect it to be a rerun. It's a little curious they are calling it a live event, though. I'm not sure if the people who put the list together know that it was originally a community event or if the devs have "repackaged" the prizes to turn it into a live event. Once we know for sure I'll either sticky the original topic or create a new one.
The prizes in this new live event are the ones originally offered as personal prizes only, the original community prizes are not a part of it. So we don't get the rectangular bathroom mats or the wearable towels. I was looking forward to finally completing my spa collection, and I am seriously disappointed.

In my game all prizes were unlocked and all working stations already useable. I won the spa with a mystery box previously so that could be the reason my progressbar is already filled to the end. This means in my case there are no constructor coins to be won by progressing. At least the daily goals do not require to buy or unlock prizes.
It's extremely frustrating that they left out a whole set of prizes. The requirements for all the prizes if you don't have anything to begin with are some of the highest for any live event. They could have bundled the prizes without increasing the requirements and it would have felt more balanced.
2 x
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Brilliant Backyards Update

Mariel Bravef
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler
Posts: 56
Joined: 05 Aug 2018, 20:08
x 39

Re: Brilliant Backyards Update - Changes

Post by Mariel Bravef » 05 Nov 2018, 06:16

SKatF wrote:
04 Nov 2018, 03:39
Is the Day Spa event coming Nov. 4 also a rerun? Of the event which first ran in 2016?
yep
0 x
Mariel Bravef on Facebook, feel free to add me :)
Friend House: Starter lot. Social task and hobby items both. Let me know how I can improve it!
Haunted: Across from the maternity store

Kristenv1980
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler
Posts: 11
Joined: 25 Nov 2014, 15:43

Re: Brilliant Backyards Update - Changes

Post by Kristenv1980 » 07 Nov 2018, 06:31

Has anyone gotten the Teen Life Event in their game? Per the EA website it was suppose to start yesterday.
0 x
GC: Kristenv1980 -- You can find my fully stocked House for Neighbors in my Starter Home

User avatar
mockingbird288z
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6189
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 04:51
Location: Florida; UTC -4:00
x 1094
Contact:

Re: Brilliant Backyards Update - Changes

Post by mockingbird288z » 07 Nov 2018, 07:55

Kristenv1980 wrote:
07 Nov 2018, 06:31
Has anyone gotten the Teen Life Event in their game? Per the EA website it was suppose to start yesterday.
Check your task manager. It should be showing there. You have to tap on it to get the option to play the event.
45501805_317426545744824_1444877958161367040_n (1).jpg
Task manager
45593336_327615781359629_5334264414293983232_n.jpg
opt in
1 x
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Brilliant Backyards Update

Kristenv1980
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler
Posts: 11
Joined: 25 Nov 2014, 15:43

Re: Brilliant Backyards Update - Changes

Post by Kristenv1980 » 07 Nov 2018, 17:10

mockingbird288z wrote:
07 Nov 2018, 07:55
Kristenv1980 wrote:
07 Nov 2018, 06:31
Has anyone gotten the Teen Life Event in their game? Per the EA website it was suppose to start yesterday.
Check your task manager. It should be showing there. You have to tap on it to get the option to play the event.

45501805_317426545744824_1444877958161367040_n (1).jpg


45593336_327615781359629_5334264414293983232_n.jpg
Thanks! I don’t know why I didn’t get a pop-up to notify me. :D

My teens are busy grinding away.
0 x
GC: Kristenv1980 -- You can find my fully stocked House for Neighbors in my Starter Home

Post Reply