All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
parakiss
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [EVENT] Daring Do's

Post by parakiss »

I did it in less than 48 hours! yeay :D
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/yukaricovetta (please indicate you're sfp player before adding)
HFN aka SP house : Starter House @ 22 West Side

Poolside Paradise Update
parakiss
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by parakiss »

amberkat wrote: 28 Dec 2018, 02:36 Took me 83 sims to get one set of chichi heels. Never took that long before. Luckily it was only one time, but still annoying. Just now noticed that there are 8 sets of hair instead of the usual 6. This may take longer than last time.
83 sims just for one chichi heels? :o :o :o
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/yukaricovetta (please indicate you're sfp player before adding)
HFN aka SP house : Starter House @ 22 West Side

Poolside Paradise Update
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

@amberkat similar thing happened to me for the 2nd set except it was, more predictably, chi-chi heels. two days i've been at it to get those heel. similarly ready to deplete my hair reserve. :D
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
indiekicks
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by indiekicks »

dee simmer wrote: 26 Dec 2018, 14:56 I am really looking forward to getting those dreadlocks. I have dreadlocks in real life so having something in the game that i can totally relate to is super exciting for me.
I used to have dreadlocks - I usually just call them locs haha - and I miss them so much. I thought the event was kinda lame (separating light and dark shades, really?) but getting the locs was totally worth it.
fabreeze63
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by fabreeze63 »

SKatF wrote: 24 Dec 2018, 21:30
bloodredroses01 wrote: 24 Dec 2018, 14:27 I think for this one I’m going to use just my Sims that do this as a normal hobby rather than ‘putting all hands on deck’ for it. I have what feels like a million hairstyles already that are doing nothing more than taking up space I don’t really have.🤷‍♀️
Too bad we can't delete (or even better, hide) the styles we don't like so we don't have to troll thru such long lists. But I recsll when we had very few styles. Now we're spoiled for choice!
Hi, I've just started the game about a month or two ago, and I'm wondering WHERE have you gotten these hairstyles? I'm level 27 and still have just a handful of (really lame imo) hairstyles. I've been hoping that more will unlock naturally, but that doesn't seem to be the case so far. Any advice?
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

fabreeze63 wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 00:22
SKatF wrote: 24 Dec 2018, 21:30
bloodredroses01 wrote: 24 Dec 2018, 14:27 I think for this one I’m going to use just my Sims that do this as a normal hobby rather than ‘putting all hands on deck’ for it. I have what feels like a million hairstyles already that are doing nothing more than taking up space I don’t really have.🤷‍♀️
Too bad we can't delete (or even better, hide) the styles we don't like so we don't have to troll thru such long lists. But I recsll when we had very few styles. Now we're spoiled for choice!
Hi, I've just started the game about a month or two ago, and I'm wondering WHERE have you gotten these hairstyles? I'm level 27 and still have just a handful of (really lame imo) hairstyles. I've been hoping that more will unlock naturally, but that doesn't seem to be the case so far. Any advice?
A lot of them come from the Fashion Designer Hobby Events. They haven't really been repeated recently so you might have to wait a little longer for them to return.
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
fabreeze63
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by fabreeze63 »

3luv4eva3 wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 02:40
A lot of them come from the Fashion Designer Hobby Events. They haven't really been repeated recently so you might have to wait a little longer for them to return.
Ah, that's really too bad. I didn't have the fashion hobby maxed out before the last event, and so missed out on completing the grid. I didn't realize at the time that the grid has to be completed multiple times to get all the hairstyles. Hopefully I'll be ready next time.
RubyRed
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by RubyRed »

When I started researching (after playing for a day) what the game was like, I found two hobbies are commonly used. Fashion Designer and Wood Working. Fashion Designer was fairly easy to fully open, woodworking was a pain in the butt to have fully opened. But now I am glad I dvoted sims to just those hobbies. The I have seen that I have not pushed yet is Catwalk model, but I even did the Aerobics hobby to be ready cause its on the list of ones that seemly are used.

Its being ready for whats common and hope, just hope they do not do a hobby event that is hard to to (that is new) out of the blue.
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

Just a little FYI - unless you want to you don’t have to continue doing a hobby once you’ve completely unlocked the grid once. Unlocking it once makes the hobby available for future hobby events.

For example, the vast majority of the hobbies I do not go anywhere near (outside of hobby events or the weekly tasks for a key) once I completed them as they came up for discovery quests or whatever. I have a few that I do to earn LP. And by switching to another hobby to reset when I reach 6th level (the exception being the babies) I can also earn an extra LP when the Sim levels up the 6th level again.

The hobbies I do on a regular basis are:

Babies - musical expression
Toddler - fingerpainting
Preteen - skill tester enthusiast
Teen - arcade gamer, cat show, dog agility & diving
Adult - diving, fashion designer, Internet kitten, pinball, puppy pals, broomstick flying & spell casting for my two wizards, and one woodworking because I only have 2 diving boards at that house
Senior - cooking
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update