Gardening problem

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
wumpy
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Gardening problem

Post by wumpy » 10 Mar 2014, 22:39

Is it just me or do others have problems getting the correct amount of simoleons from gardening? I typically plant the beans at night. And in the morning some harvest at the full amount of 1260, while others at 840. All sims are fully inspired before planting!!

Plus. I notice that before I plant I pay the 115 simoleons, but also when I collect the harvest sometimes it charges me another 115! :shock:
0 x
GC wumpy0815.

SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: Gardening problem

Post by SIMazing » 10 Mar 2014, 23:04

There is a glitch with the gardening (been there for ages/several updates). Usually it happens if you don't wait for your sim to get to the gardening plot and start planting before leaving the lot.

What I do to avoid getting hit hard by the glitch is 2 things: 1) wait until they are completely started on the planting before changing houses, and 2) buy ALL my seeds at the grocery store. When you buy them there the seeds are cheaper AND add to your town value. That way, even if I do get charged twice, it costs me less, and I still get to keep the TV.
0 x
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)

scarletbegonias
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by scarletbegonias » 10 Mar 2014, 23:08

thats a bug and it really annoys me, too. ive seen someone suggest making sure your sim is kneeled down at the garden plot before leaving the screen but that hasnt worked for me. :(

maybe itll work on your device though, so its worth a try. ive even been charged a third time when revisiting before they're done planting.

before bed I have like, 20 sims planting, so being charged a second or even third time is a waste of simoleons! thousands, really!

im wondering if purchasing seeds at the grocery store has any effect in stopping this. ive been meaning to test it out but I keep forgetting.
but its my understanding that, when you purchase seeds from the store the crop yields nowhere the xp/simoleons youd normally earn. perhaps someone could shed some light on this?

I never bother buying seeds cus it seems hardly worth it if you dont earn anything really. purchases do add to TV though, not like that matters for me.
0 x
FB: https://www.facebook.com/milo.sims.3
HFN: 4 West Oceanside
haunted house: 1 Divers Way
message me so I know where you found me! :)

wumpy
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by wumpy » 10 Mar 2014, 23:11

It's been around for ages... Oh my. I'm suspecting EA has no intention of fixing it anytime soon. Amazing how quickly they fix the glitches that benefit us. Thank you for your tips Simazing.
0 x
GC wumpy0815.

J-is-for-Jane
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by J-is-for-Jane » 10 Mar 2014, 23:33

scarletbegonias wrote: but its my understanding that, when you purchase seeds from the store the crop yields nowhere the xp/simoleons youd normally earn. perhaps someone could shed some light on this?
I buy all my seeds at the grocery store. I definitely get the full xp/simoleons at harvest time.

What I'm not sure about is the xp that's listed next to the seed at the time of purchase. I think we're supposed to get XP when we buy the seeds. But I'm not sure whether we get that or not. I've bought a lot of seeds/baking kits and I've never seen my level percentage go up.

To make sure that all your sims are gardening before you leave the lot, I use this tip (shared by Delphine) a lot.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1197&start=10&hilit ... ions+swipe

Basically, after you set your sim to an activity, you open your task bar, then you click on the SFP screen again. When you return to the full screen, your sim is fully engaged in the activity. It's a fabulous tip and helpful for any situation where you don't want to wait for your sim to slowly meander from the other side of the house to begin the action.
0 x

Aalinnutza
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Aalinnutza » 11 Mar 2014, 00:02

Actually I think that the Xp points that we see in the grocery store are just information! I calculated with some of the plants that I use is that the points that we see is for one plant not the 4 that we get! As I buy my plants in bulk if we would have gotten the xp points it would have made a difference to the xp total but it did not!
0 x
GC aalinnutza
HFN (really bad with maps and addresses) Next to the fire station with an N made out of pines (white flat roof)
Haunted house surrounded by the pool and pine!

Update: The one with the nursery...

J-is-for-Jane
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by J-is-for-Jane » 11 Mar 2014, 00:32

Aalinnutza wrote:Actually I think that the Xp points that we see in the grocery store are just information! I calculated with some of the plants that I use is that the points that we see is for one plant not the 4 that we get! As I buy my plants in bulk if we would have gotten the xp points it would have made a difference to the xp total but it did not!
Thanks for putting that question to rest! I've actually "bought" free peppers from the grocery store thinking I might get some extra XP lol. Guess I can save myself some finger tapping there.
0 x