Life Dream Tasks: How long they take, how much they're worth

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Life Dream Tasks: How long they take, how much they're worth

Post by HordePrime »

Edit: This is only applicable to the Life Dreams update, not the new Saddle Up update.

This might sound complex at first, but bear with me.

I want people who have updated to post the life goals that they are getting, how long they take (on a 3-star item), and how much % each gives towards your life dream (see list below for examples). Please also indicate which of the orbs you're working towards (Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum).

I will then collate the information (this post will be updated periodically), and work our the mathematics - you will be able to see that some goals are more efficient than others.

For example, if you start with an adult, they live for 18 days (which is 432 hours) before becoming a senior. If you had a goal that gave you more than 0.231% per hour towards your life dream, you would in theory be able to complete the dream whilst still an adult (providing you don't do anything apart from your life dream task). If you start with a senior, they live only 7 days, so you would need a goal that gives you more than 0.595% per hour in order to fulfil your dream before you die.

You don't have to worry about the sums, I'll do them for you and rank the goals accordingly, but I need people to post the goals they are getting, how long they take (on a 3-star item), and how much % they give you towards achieving your life dream.

I should put a disclaimer at this point that I have not yet updated myself, so this is all hearsay; my thanks to rajcaz, hiser1974 and others for contributing vital information so far. - Let's see if we can get a complete list! (And maybe this could be a sticky??) Many thanks.

Senior
Search for Dr Whoozits memorabilia: 10h,24m, 5% (0.481% per hour)
Debunk the Theory of Relativity whilst Drinking Tea: 10h,40m, 5% (0.469% per hour)
Write letters to sci fi celebrities on a computer: 6h,24m 3% ((0.469% per hour)
Have a scientific breakthrough in the bath 7h, 3% (0.429% per hour)
Scientific Breakthrough in the Bath: 7hr,12m, 3% (0.417% per hour)
Life Guard (Enjoy View): 25m, 0.167% (0.4% per hour)
Bake banana bread for athletic energy: 20h, 8% (0.4% per hour)
Talk to other Sims about life as an athlete: 8h, 3% (0.375% per hour)
Tell other sims about Miss Vampire Slayer: 10h,50m, 4% (0.369% per hour)
Strategize chess on a chessboard: 3h, 1% (0.333% per hour)
Create an edible board game army by baking gingerbread sims: 6h, 2% (0.333% per hour)
Argue with the park statue, 8h,20m, 3% (0.006% per hour)

Adult:
Go to Work at the Stadium: 5h, 10% (2% per hour)
Go to work as a scientist: 8h, 10% (1.25% per hour)
Engineer trains using trainset 2h,24m 1.25% (0.521% per hour)
Become a vampire expert by watching Ms Vampire Slayer: 6h24m, 3.3% (0.516% per hour)
Dream of zombie apocalypse, 3h,12m, 1.65% (0.516% per hour)
Complain on an Internet forum: 7h,12m, 3.7% (0.514% per hour)
Diving: 24h, 12% (0.5% per hour)
Find the optimal racing speed on a slot car: 1h,4m 0.5% (0.469% per hour)
Relaxing Skate: 6h, 2.5% (0.417% per hour)
Catch Fish: 24h, 10% (0.417% per hour)
Make Fan Movie: 10h,51m, 4.5 % (0.415% per hour)
Read Retro Gaming Magazines: 9h, 3.7% (0.411% per hour)
Calculate formulas on a blackboard: 5h,20m, 2% (0.375% per hour)
Pinball Machine (Monster Trash) 8h, 3% (0.375% per hour)
Write season statistics on a computer: 1h,36m, 0.5% (0.313% per hour)

Teen:
Snowboarding: 1h, 0.5% (0.5% per hour)
Ride Toboggan: 1h, 0.5% (0.5% per hour)
Become an expert on ward of the things: 7h,12m 3.5% (0.486% per hour)
Search for fitness advice on the Internet: 4h,12m, 2% (0.476% per hour)
"Hack" on Computer: 2h,24m, 1% (0.417% per hour)
Play Arcade Games: 6h, 2.5% (0.417% per hour)
Watch Galaxy Trials: 6h, 24m 2.5% (0.391% per hour)
Read sports star's Bios: 3h, 1% (0.333% per hour)
Arcade Machine (Street Puncher II): 12h, 4% (0.333% per hour)
Watch the sports channel on Television: 1h,36m 0.5% (0.313% per hour)

Preteen
Go to School 5h, 10% (2% per hour)
Trampoline-a-thon: 18m, 0.333% (1.111% per hour)
Read a short story from a bookshelf: 45m, 0.5% (0.667% per hour)
Cram at a study desk: 2h, 1% (0.5% per hour)
Playing Sim City on a PC: 2h, 1% (0.5% per hour)
Ballet: 12h, 5% (0.417% per hour)
Read Science Magazines: 9h, 3% (0.333% per hour)
Analyse wave angles by using an RC boat: 4h, 1% (0.25% per hour)
Pretend I am in Cryogenic Sleep: 3h, 12m, 0.5% ((0.156% per hour)

Toddler:
Find shells at the beach: 21s, 1% (171% per hour)
Draw animals on a blackboard: 40m, 0.5% (0.75% per hour)
Read children's poetry: 1hr,30m, 1% (0.667% per hour)
Read 'Princesses and Calculators: 3h, 2% (0.667% per hour)
Race on Rocking Horse 45m, 0.5% (0.667% per hour)
Read "Speedy Runnington": 2h, 1% (0.5% per hour)
Splash in the kiddie pool ("Play Pirates" instead) 2 h, 1% (0.5% per hour)
Watch Dr Whoozits on TV: 2h24m, 1% (0.417% per hour)
Listen to "Fairytales": 10h, 4% (0.4% per hour)
Befriend the Sandworm in Sandpit: 8h, 3% (0.375% per hour)
Speedy Runnington read to me from children's bookshelf: 3h, 1% (0.333% per hour)
Build sandcastles in the sandpit: 1h, 0.333% (0.333% per hour)
Get Two Dolls Married: 3h, 1% (0.333% per hour)
Create Fine Art with Play Blocks: 4h, 1% (0.25% per hour)
Play Super Bear: 3h, 0.5% (0.167% per hour)
Last edited by HordePrime on 13 May 2014, 21:10, edited 19 times in total.
Microdot
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Life Dream Tasks: How long they take, how much they're w

Post by Microdot »

HordePrime wrote:This might sound complex at first, but bear with me.

I want people who have updated to post the life goals that they are getting, how long they take, and how much % each gives towards your life dream (see list below for examples).

I will then collate the information (this post will be updated periodically), and work our the mathematics - you will be able to see that some goals are more efficient than others.

For example, if you start with an adult, they live for 18 days (which is 432 hours) before becoming a senior. If you had a goal that gave you more than 0.231% per hour towards your life dream, you would in theory be able to complete the dream whilst still an adult. If you start with a senior, they live only 7 days, so you would need a goal that gives you more than 0.595% per hour in order to fulfil your dream before you die.

You don't have to worry about the sums, I'll do them for you and rank the goals accordingly, but I need people to post the goals they are getting, how long they take, and how much % they give you towards achieving your life dream.

I should put a disclaimer at this point that I have not yet updated myself, so this is all hearsay; my thanks to rajcaz, hiser1974 and others for contributing vital information so far. - Let's see if we can get a complete list! (And maybe this could be a sticky??) Many thanks.

Senior
Search for Dr Whoozits memorabilia: 10h,24m, 5% (0.481% per hour)
Argue with the park statue, 8h,20m, 3% (0.36% per hour)
Strategize chess on a chessboard: 3h, 1% (0.333% per hour)

Adult:
Become a vampire expert by watching Ms Vampire Slayer: 6h24m, 3% (0.469% per hour)
Complain on an Internet forum to become an internet icon: 7h,12m, 3% (0.417% per hour)
Calculate formulas on a blackboard: 5h,20m, 2% (0.375% per hour)
Dream of zombie apocalypse, 3h,12m, 1% (0.313% per hour)

Teen:
Read sports star's Bios: 3h, 1% (0.333% per hour)

Preteen
?

Toddler:
Watch Dr Whoozits on TV: 2h24m, 1% (0.417% per hour)
Speedy Runnington read to me from children's bookshelf: 3h, 1% (0.333% per hour)
I assume that you want the times for 3-star items?
Game #1: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Gamecenter
HFN=Starter House, GH=Museum Boulevard
Game #2: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Facebook & Google+
HFN=Starter House, GH=Firehouse Road
Contact information in my profile - Mention forum please
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

Microdot wrote:I assume that you want the times for 3-star items?
Yes please.
Sorry, I should have said that!
Dellie
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Dellie »

Great job!

It's so good to see people working together on this.

I haven't updated yet, so unfortunately I can't give you any feedback on this.

This is such a great forum. Thanks to Perturbee and all the members who add feedback.
GC delli_from_welli (MUST mention SFP Forum)
HFN 2 East Oceanside (includes some haunted items)
HH 1 Museum Boulevard
Castle 3 West Oceanside
Spaceship 3 Bliss Drive
Entertainment Complex 4 Bliss Drive
DAYCARE UPDATE
LaRitournelle
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by LaRitournelle »

Toddler: Read children's poetry (1hr30mins) - 1%

ETA: Adult: Make Fan Movie 10hrs51mins - 4.5 % (I'm pretty sure because I have done it twice and it has come up to 9%)
Adult: Relaxed Skate 6 hours - 2.5% (4 rounds got me up to 10%)
Adult: Go to work as a scientist 8 hours - 10% - Not too sure but I think athletes get 10% as well. I think someone else had posted that elsewhere
rajcaz
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by rajcaz »

Update from my earlier post in "Life Dreams and Legacies Quest" (can't post a link... Sorry)

Happy to see that it has helped somewhat :)

I found this forum after I updated to the new "life legacies etc" as I needed answers.

I have found through mucking around. Hopefully doesn't confuse anyone.

1. When someone dies or passes on through the ageing process thingy then all those friends, lovers, partners etc that are left behind no matter how inspired still mope around (ie... In mourning). To get them happy again follow this: a) have the sad sim find another sim and press on them as if to "chat, dance etc" and choose "reminisce" and it takes 32 secs to get them happy again. Or you can have a non sad sim "listen to reminisce" from the sad sim.

Monday 17th March update: I have heard from others that this is not working for them... My senior sims are at deaths door with the grim reaper hanging around both of them :( so I will look into this when they die...

2. All sims can choose a personality only once.. Even the original ones... Here's how... Have your sim go to a wardrobe or dresser and "browse clothes".

Doing this has changed some of my sims to different occupations or hobbies to reflect life goals.

I will list as a guide what their previous occupation, current occupation (if changed), previous hobby, current hobby (if changed) and what their life goal is (not sure if this changes ongoing) And whether I chose geek or sporty for personality.

Caz Kumar: Adult Geek (I chose geek for this one as when I chose sporty on others then their hobbies changed and this one was the only one I had trying to unlock all the fishing levels) hobby and occupation currently unchanged. Life dream is to "Make fan movie with movie camera" which takes 10 hours 51 mins to complete (don't know how much percentage it will give towards bronze orb)..

Monday 17th March update: Only Started doing this life quest after I had completely finished all the 8 levels of fishing yesterday. So far it is at 9% complete of life dream.

Santa Claus: Senior Geek. Hobby did not change. Life dream is to "read encyclopedia" from bookshelves which takes 3 hours. (don't know how much percentage it will give towards bronze orb). "

Monday 17th March update: Haven't been bothered filling in life goals for my current sims as 7 days is not enough time to compete goal in that time. Although before I gave up... I had reached 5%.

Mrs Clause: Adult Geek: Occupation and hobby did not change yet. Hobby was diving however when I open the arcade then her hobby will have something to do with pinball machine as her life dream is "play pinball machines at the arcade" (don't know how much percentage it will give towards bronze orb).

Monday 17th March update: Arcade isn't open to try.. So can't complete. Can't do it either in a neighbours town that have it opened.

Max Winfrey: Adult Geek: Occupation was an athlete. Life dream is to "work as a scientist" so is now a scientist" hobby is unchanged. (don't know how much percentage it will give towards bronze orb).

Monday 17th March update: Went to work as scientist. Was given 10% towards bronze orb. (Can't change the date or time to try and get an extra shift though)

Oprah Winfrey: Adult Sporty: Occupation unchanged. Old hobby: "woodworking". New hobby is "Diving". Life dream is to "get to level 2 or higher in diving and then to show off moves". (don't know how much percentage it will give towards bronze orb). Rough guess is 1 hour gives 3%.

Monday 17th March update: Have reached 21% towards bronze orb by using combination of 12 hour dives and 1 hour dives. (At least when hobby all complete we can pick up extra Xp's and LP's)

Chris Claus: Teen Sporty: teen idol (nothing changed yet) life goal is "read sports star's Bios which is in the teen bookshelf" which takes 3 hours and only gives 1% towards bronze orb. Also gives 1122xp (Higher if at own home).

Monday 17th March update: Have 26% complete towards bronze orb.

Further note regarding teen idol house (because I have seen some people scared that they will not have enough time to get all the resources for this): Before the update I had accidentally aged my teen idol to an adult (thank god after she unlocked everything originally) however I still needed to earn enough for my teen idol house. So I aged my preteen to a Teen and turned him into a teen idol. (Had the usual warning but had no choice) imagine my surprise... I did not have to restart from scratch with the new teen idol... He just picked up where the old teen idol had stopped!!! (Just make sure that you are able to complete all the levels at least once first to unlock it all)

Cool Dude: Adult Geek: Occupation and hobby unchanged. Life dream is to "complain on an Internet forum to become an internet icon". Which takes 7h 12m from a 3star computer and gives 3% towards bronze orb. Also give 1176xp (higher if at own home).

Monday 17th March update: Have completed 41% towards bronze orb.

Peter Face: Adult Geek: Occupation and hobby unchanged. Life dream is the same as "Cool Dude" so see above.

Monday 17th March update: Have completed 44% towards bronze orb.

Angela Winfrey: Adult Sporty. Occupation unchanged. Old Hobby: Ice Skating. New Hobby: Diving. Life dream is the same as 'Oprah Winfrey" so see above.

Monday 17th March update: Have completed 21% towards bronze orb.

Sanjay Edwards: Adult Sporty. Occupation unchanged. Old Hobby: Ice Skating. New Hobby: Diving. Life dream is the same as "Oprah Winfrey" so see above.

Monday 17th March update: Have completed 21% towards bronze orb.

Brett Stocks: Adult Geek. Occupation and Hobby unchanged. Life dream is to "calculate formulas on a blackboard" which takes 5h20m to complete and gives 2% towards bronze orb. Also gives 943xp (Higher if at own home)

Monday 17th March update: Have completed 33% towards bronze orb.

Rachel Stocks: Adult Sporty. Occupation unchanged. Old hobby: Ghost Hunting. New hobby: Fishing. Life dream is "catch fish by fishing in the park" (don't know how much percentage it will give towards bronze orb).

Monday 17th March update: Have completed 15% towards bronze orb.

Side note: I had this sim originally fish at a neighbours beach (found one opened) and found that it did not add towards orbs. So I had my sim that I was using for levelling up go to the beach in a neighbours town and had this sim go to my park and it all worked out :). So my 15% in effect should be higher :(

Andrew Walker: Adult Sporty. Occupation unchanged. Old hobby: Ghost Hunting. New hobby: Ice Skating. Life dream is to "have a relaxing skate (9hrs)... It's actually (6hours) on the ice hockey rink"at the snow park (haven't tried at home yet). (don't know how much percentage it will give towards bronze orb). Gives about 2%!!!

Monday 17th March update: Have completed 30% towards bronze orb.

Angelina Charlton: Adult Sporty. Occupation unchanged. Old hobby: Ghost Hunting. New hobby: Diving. Life dream is the same as "Oprah Winfrey. So see above.

Monday 17th March update: Completed 21% towards bronze orb.

Brad Parker: Adult Sporty. Occupation unchanged. Old Hobby: Ice Skating. New hobby: Diving. Life dream is "to spend as much time as possible diving at the swim centre" (don't know how much percentage it will give towards bronze orb).

Monday 17th March update: Completed 23% towards bronze orb. Currently doing an "all day dive" to see what it gets.

Anastasia Dinghe: Adult Geek. Occupation and Hobby unchanged. Life dream is to "become a vampire expert by watching Ms Vampire Slayer" which takes 6h24m on 3star TV and gives 3% towards bronze orb. Also gives 1237xp (at own home).

Monday 17th March update: Have completed 40% towards bronze orb.

Hazel Tonkin: Adult Geek: Old Occupation: Athlete. New Occupation: Scientist. Hobby unchanged. Life dream is "To work as a scientist". (don't know how much percentage it will give towards bronze orb).

Monday 17th March update: Been to work once and received 10% towards bronze orb

Rose Stocks: Preteen Sporty: Life Dream is "Long Ride on inflatible animal" which takes 30minutes. (don't know how much percentage it will give towards bronze orb). Gives 135xp (higher at own home).

Monday 17th March update: Have completed only 12% towards bronze orb.

Leigh Winfrey: Toddler Sporty: Life dream is to have "Speedy Runnington read to me from children's bookshelf". Needs an adult sim to help with this and takes 3 hours to complete and gives 1% towards bronze orb. Also gives 481xp. (Used a 1 star book shelf. So it may take less time and give more xp from more expensive bookshelf)

Monday 17th March update: Reached 22% towards bronze orb and then was faced with "do I turn back time or let him age"... I chose to let him age and guess what... He is a PRETEEN now with 22% completed towards bronze orb. His new life dream is to "perform ballet as a NOVICE (lvl2) or higher at the community centre". Will keep you updated with what this yields... Very excited that it passes from age to the next!! It means that you don't have to rush through to complete the orb before they age (only before they die as seniors)!!!

Malcolm Winfrey: Toddler Geek. Had silver orb passed on from dearly departed "Kiran Edwards" May she now rest in peace. Life dream is to "watch Dr Whoozits on TV". Takes 2h24m on 3 star TV and gives sometimes 1% towards gold orb. Also gives 720xp.

Monday 17th March update: Have completed 14% towards gold orb.

Hopefully this has helped some. I am choosing now to go about this the long way and see where it takes me by completing the life dreams etc as best as can be done. All the ones that have had their hobbies unchanged and don't need them for anything... I am going to put as ghost hunters as takes less time to finish and more likely to get 5lp's quicker.

Monday 17th March update: my ghosts have been yielding more LP's lately :)

I don't think I will use LP's on the age controller for anything. But that being said... Never say never.

How have others found this new update? Was any of this useful?
GC: rajcaz
(may display as C K in party boat)

Fully updated to Schools Out update
lissabmont
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by lissabmont »

Wow, thanks for doing this. I just spent the last few hours giving people personalities. Based on this post, I'm not going to do that for all the sims cuz I don't want to keep changing jobs and hobbies.

Also, tomorrow I will attempt to respond with the dreams and goals I've gotten.
hiser1974

Post by hiser1974 »

More info on the life dream task "get to level 2 or higher in diving and then to show off moves".
Started with an adult, she reached level 6 in diving and fulfilled a bronze orb with still half of her adult life span left.
Numbers:
Diving 10 min= no noticeable advancement
Diving 1h x 3 = 1%, so 0,33% per dive
Diving 12h = 5%
Diving 24h = 10%

The 12h and 24h seems to be the best options, also for leveling up diving, @ level 5 of diving, 1 24h dive gives 49% towards lvl 6.
Stenn
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Stenn »

Toddler: "draw animals on a blackboard" 40 mins gives .5%

Teen: "snowboarding at the snow park" 1 hr, tricks till tomorrow gives .5%

Pre-teen: "read a short story from a bookshelf" 45 mins gives .5%
hiser1974

Post by hiser1974 »

And some more:
Adult, geek, bronze orb: 'Dream of zombie apocalypse', 3h12m, 1%
Toddler, geek, bronze orb: 'Build sandcastles in the sandpit', 1h, about 0,33%, takes 3 times for 1% sometimes 2 times is enough to get 1%
Preteen, geek, bronze orb: 'I want to cram at a study desk', 2h,1%
Preteen, geek, bronze orb: 'I want to become a Sim City master by playing Sim City on a pc', 2h,1%
Preteen, geek, bronze orb: 'I want to go to school', 5h, 10%
Preteen, geek, bronze orb:'I want to read Science Magazines from a magainze pile', 9h, 3%
Toddler, sport, silver: 'I want to find shells at the beach' . For noon shells it took 21s and gave 1%, recharge time was 40m.

I aged my toddler to preteen faster by using the age controller. By saving to the cloud before aging him and then resetting my game I could get another task.
Then reset again and aged him by speeding up hibernation. Saved to the cloud when 'Birthday cake balloon' was showing. Then reset (again), popped the cake and got another task.
So resetting your game to get another task works for both when you assign a personality and when your sim advances to the next life stage.