Premium Teen Idol musical instrument pack worth resetting 4?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Premium Teen Idol musical instrument pack worth resetting 4?

Post by chamilet »

I didn't complete my quest in time, probably because I didn't get that you had to use a new instrument for the new task rather than the one that would take the least amount of time. Is the reward worth redoing on my iPad? (I've only been playing on my iPhone lately.) It would mean that I would go back to my preteen, which I didn't want to age yet anyway, but I'd also have to re-earn my last two keys, maybe rebuild the Snow Park, re-earn some SPs...
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Premium Teen Idol musical instrument pack worth resettin

Post by HordePrime »

Well, you'd be missing out on the free 3-star musical instruments.

But you can always buy equivalent instruments, although they cost a fair few simoleans.

After you complete the grid, you'll want to complete it a few more times to get resources for the Teen Idol Mansion, and obviously if you haven't already got 3-star items, then they will speed things up a bit.

And when I did it, you could have multiple teen idols working on completing the grid, providing they started the hobby in a neighbour's town. If this glitch still works, then additional instruments would obviously help when you have multiple teens doing their music together, but they may have "corrected" this glitch so that it's no-longer possible to have multiple idols; I don't know.

In short though, I think I would say that if you're going to lose a lot of progress, then it's not worth resetting for. I haven't touched any of the instruments since I unlocked the mansion; they become useless very quickly. Worst case scenario is it takes you a bit longer to get the Teen Idol Mansion (which can be frustrating, but not the end of the world).
scarletbegonias
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by scarletbegonias »

^ this. the teen idol mansion takes a long time to get without using LPs so if each music playing session only takes a half hour more I would say not to reset because its not going to make a huge difference imo. I also haven't touched any instruments since I built mine.
FB: https://www.facebook.com/milo.sims.3
HFN: 4 West Oceanside
haunted house: 1 Divers Way
message me so I know where you found me! :)
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

The problem is that only one person can ever play the instruments unless you took advantage of a glitch earlier. That makes the teen idol hobby not much fun in my opinion. So I wouldn't reset.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

HordePrime wrote:Well, you'd be missing out on the free 3-star musical instruments.

But you can always buy equivalent instruments, although they cost a fair few simoleans.

After you complete the grid, you'll want to complete it a few more times to get resources for the Teen Idol Mansion, and obviously if you haven't already got 3-star items, then they will speed things up a bit.

And when I did it, you could have multiple teen idols working on completing the grid, providing they started the hobby in a neighbour's town. If this glitch still works, then additional instruments would obviously help when you have multiple teens doing their music together, but they may have "corrected" this glitch so that it's no-longer possible to have multiple idols; I don't know.

In short though, I think I would say that if you're going to lose a lot of progress, then it's not worth resetting for. I haven't touched any of the instruments since I unlocked the mansion; they become useless very quickly. Worst case scenario is it takes you a bit longer to get the Teen Idol Mansion (which can be frustrating, but not the end of the world).
Are these different instruments than the ones I bought to complete the challenge? I got the two or three star instruments for that.

I only have one teen and don't want anymore right now so there'd only be one working on it anyway.
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

chamilet wrote:Are these different instruments than the ones I bought to complete the challenge?
They look different, but they function the same as any 3-star instruments you already have.

So if you've already got them, and the multiple-idol glitch isn't working anymore, then it's definitely not worth resetting for IMO.
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

Well, I guess I can play it for a bit on my iPad and give my iPhone one a rest. Then, if it's too frustrating to be that far behind I'll just go back to the iPhone one. The most I'll lose out on is the weekly quest. Or I guess I can complete that on the iPhone and then play on the iPad.
IronMagus
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by IronMagus »

Nothing worth losing a week's worth of progress over, if you ask me. The reward instruments are simply three-star instruments that cost Simoleons (they are not free, as someone up above said they were, they cost I think it's around §5-6000 or so each) instead of LP's. Having already bought the LP instruments in the interest of finishing the quest as quickly as possible, and since I can't have more than one Sim using them at a time anyway, I don't even see myself ever buying the other ones that I worked so hard to unlock.

Turns out though, I had plenty of time left over. What I should have done, in hindsight, was to buy the cheap 1-star instruments to do the quest, then got the 3-star Simoleon ones, once they became available, to finish up the sign. But since I've already got one 3-star set, I've no need for another.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

They used to be free. The price was changed with the Life Dreams and Legacies update. :(
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

I like to play SFP casually and only play it like a race when I have a quest, so I think I'm going to play a bit on my iPad and see if I can make a better choice this time around for the quest. I still have my Snow Park and the Easter goodies on the iPad, so I don't think I'll lose much, only time. The LPs and SPs I'm losing will be earned back the same way I earned them before. And I'll move Cooter Menkins back in to town to flirt with Shannon Beiste and Sue Sylvester a little sooner.

I'd made the mistake of having all the adult Glee characters go dancing at the Nightclub and Sue was friends with everyone and we can't have that! She worked hard to earn her enemies! So maybe this is a good thing.

Although it's weird playing with a preteen and babies again. I'd already gotten used to having a teenager and two adorable toddlers running around! This time I'm going to go ahead and have my preteen quit karate and do ballet since I've already unlocked the karate stuff.