Freeplay vs GC

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Lavenderwitch519
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Freeplay vs GC

Post by Lavenderwitch519 »

Not exactly sure how many friends you can have on GC, 500? I have 105. How many neighbors does freeplay allow? I'm asking because some of my GC friends aren't showing up as neighbors for the game. I checked and all of them play freeplay. I didn't notice this happening till the 100 mark in GC. Now anyone added after that isn't showing up for me in the game. I guess it could be that those 5 people haven't closed & reopened both GC & freeplay but it's never happened before with this many people. I only add friends for freeplay, so if the game has a limit I don't want to keep adding people if they don't even get to be a neighbor. Also how do I change my name in GC? I want to have a different account for each game as I've not done LD & L on my other game. If I do have 2 accounts can I still download the game from the cloud to overwrite the other game if I want to at some point?
level 55
Holiday update
A pinch of cute & a handful of crazy! :mrgreen:
Lyla L
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Lyla L »

You can have 500 friends on Game Center, but on your party boat, only the neighbors with the top 100 town values will appear. Maybe the people you added after that don't have high enough town values.

Not sure about the different GC accounts question but I would just be very careful about running two different games and accounts on the same device, because if it were me I'd for sure accidentally save over the wrong game or something!
FB: https://facebook.com/make2tv
HFN: #1 Museum Boulevard
Pictures of my town @ simslanding.tumblr.com | instagram.com/simslanding
Lavenderwitch519
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Lyla L wrote:You can have 500 friends on Game Center, but on your party boat, only the neighbors with the top 100 town values will appear. Maybe the people you added after that don't have high enough town values.

Not sure about the different GC accounts question but I would just be very careful about running two different games and accounts on the same device, because if it were me I'd for sure accidentally save over the wrong game or something!
I have 2 different games on 2 different devices. 1 is on my phone & the other is on my iPad.
level 55
Holiday update
Lavenderwitch519
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Is there a way to get rid of my first post in this thread? I waited too long to edit and delete it. I wanted to add something else to the post which I did with the 2nd post. But now I can't get rid of the first one. :cry:
level 55
Holiday update
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Lavenderwitch519 wrote:Is there a way to get rid of my first post in this thread? I waited too long to edit and delete it. I wanted to add something else to the post which I did with the 2nd post. But now I can't get rid of the first one. :cry:
I have deleted that post for you :)

Regarding the GC Name
You can change the short name on your i-device in
- Settings
- Game Center
You might be asked to enter your password again.

The long name can be changed at the Apple site, where you can manage your Apple-ID, or create a new one.

You can download and overwrite the game. If you want to overwrite the game on your phone, you just have to sign out your GC account on your iPad, then sign in with the other account. Then tap the cloud and save the LD-game.
If you now open the game on your phone (you are signed in with the other account) you can tap the cloud and download the newest saved data, which is the LD-game.
The non-LD-game has gone now, both accounts and devices include the newer game.
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Lavenderwitch519
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

ErinPW wrote:
Lavenderwitch519 wrote:Is there a way to get rid of my first post in this thread? I waited too long to edit and delete it. I wanted to add something else to the post which I did with the 2nd post. But now I can't get rid of the first one. :cry:
I have deleted that post for you :)

Regarding the GC Name
You can change the short name on your i-device in
- Settings
- Game Center
You might be asked to enter your password again.

The long name can be changed at the Apple site, where you can manage your Apple-ID, or create a new one.

You can download and overwrite the game. If you want to overwrite the game on your phone, you just have to sign out your GC account on your iPad, then sign in with the other account. Then tap the cloud and save the LD-game.
If you now open the game on your phone (you are signed in with the other account) you can tap the cloud and download the newest saved data, which is the LD-game.
The non-LD-game has gone now, both accounts and devices include the newer game.
Thanks for getting rid of that other post for me. Also thanks for instructions for GC. I wanted to have 2 different accounts so I can save to cloud & not overwrite either game by mistake.
level 55
Holiday update
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

Lavenderwitch519 wrote: Thanks for getting rid of that other post for me. Also thanks for instructions for GC. I wanted to have 2 different accounts so I can save to cloud & not overwrite either game by mistake.
You can have 2 different GC accounts by just simply creating a new one. Sign out of your GC account and instead of signing back in click on "Create a new Apple ID". You will need another email account but once you go through the set up you will then have two completely different GC accounts.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Lavenderwitch519 wrote: [snip]
Thanks for getting rid of that other post for me. Also thanks for instructions for GC. I wanted to have 2 different accounts so I can save to cloud & not overwrite either game by mistake.
You're welcome :)

After reading mockingbird's post, I've got the feeling I got you wrong :shock:

Just in case: In order to have 2 different accounts, you need to create a new GC account with a different email adress.

Changing the name of one GC account will not work to have two different accounts and cloud-saves!
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Lavenderwitch519
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

ErinPW wrote:
Lavenderwitch519 wrote: [snip]
You're welcome :)

After reading mockingbird's post, I've got the feeling I got you wrong :shock:

Just in case: In order to have 2 different accounts, you need to create a new GC account with a different email adress.

Changing the name of one GC account will not work to have two different accounts and cloud-saves!
Thanks. No worries. :)
level 55
Holiday update