Help with building a house!

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Post Reply
Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Posts: 303
Joined: 11 Apr 2017, 20:41
x 136

Help with building a house!

Post by Simsaddict456 » 28 Jul 2018, 10:02

I need some help. I want to build a new architect house so I went and deleted everything on a lot, but I still can't buldose it. I checked the pet park and there are no pets there that are from this lot. I am wondering if I am experiencing a glitch maybe?
Attachments
_20180728_120132.JPG
_20180728_114920.JPG
_20180728_114856.JPG
0 x

User avatar
ErinPW
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4039
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 10:41
Location: Germany, UTC +2
x 433

Re: Help with building a house!

Post by ErinPW » 28 Jul 2018, 10:55

Simsaddict456 wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 10:02
I need some help. I want to build a new architect house so I went and deleted everything on a lot, but I still can't buldose it. I checked the pet park and there are no pets there that are from this lot. I am wondering if I am experiencing a glitch maybe?
First I'd try to move in a household with at least two sims and two pets. If the game doesn't allow this, you could try to move in a household without pets and then move the household back to their actual home. This is pretty expensive but it did help in the past.
2 x
Brilliant Backyards, 5.41.4
iOS 12.0.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View

Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Posts: 303
Joined: 11 Apr 2017, 20:41
x 136

Re: Help with building a house!

Post by Simsaddict456 » 28 Jul 2018, 17:17

ErinPW wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 10:55
Simsaddict456 wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 10:02
I need some help. I want to build a new architect house so I went and deleted everything on a lot, but I still can't buldose it. I checked the pet park and there are no pets there that are from this lot. I am wondering if I am experiencing a glitch maybe?
First I'd try to move in a household with at least two sims and two pets. If the game doesn't allow this, you could try to move in a household without pets and then move the household back to their actual home. This is pretty expensive but it did help in the past.
The game let me move a household with two pets but only one pet moved and one didn't. I moved them back and I still can't delete the lot.
0 x

Thuraya
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler
Posts: 68
Joined: 25 Dec 2015, 12:33
x 40

Re: Help with building a house!

Post by Thuraya » 28 Jul 2018, 18:25

Simsaddict456 wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 17:17
ErinPW wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 10:55
Simsaddict456 wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 10:02
I need some help. I want to build a new architect house so I went and deleted everything on a lot, but I still can't buldose it. I checked the pet park and there are no pets there that are from this lot. I am wondering if I am experiencing a glitch maybe?
First I'd try to move in a household with at least two sims and two pets. If the game doesn't allow this, you could try to move in a household without pets and then move the household back to their actual home. This is pretty expensive but it did help in the past.
The game let me move a household with two pets but only one pet moved and one didn't. I moved them back and I still can't delete the lot.
There seems to be a pet on the plot. That's why only one of the two moved, the game does not allow to exceed the limit of two pets on a plot. If the missing pet is not in the pet park, could it be a puppy or a kitten that accidentally went somewhere else? I was missing a kitten once and later found it in the police station!

Try to to use Erin's second suggestion. The idea is that the missing pet will move back with your household to the plot where they lived before. If you move them back to a house that already has pets it will just stay where it is now.
2 x

Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Posts: 303
Joined: 11 Apr 2017, 20:41
x 136

Re: Help with building a house!

Post by Simsaddict456 » 29 Jul 2018, 04:33

So before I tried to move in two sims a kitten and the teacup pig, but the pig stayed behind, so I deleted the kitten and tried to move the three of them and again the teacup pig didn't move. The sims did and when I moved them back I was still unable to delete the lot. I have no idea what could be causing this issues..
1 x

User avatar
ErinPW
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4039
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 10:41
Location: Germany, UTC +2
x 433

Re: Help with building a house!

Post by ErinPW » 29 Jul 2018, 08:17

I tried to reproduce the issue - bought a pig and a kitten for a couple and tried to move them to a house with a pet living there. The game didn't let them move in with the usual message that there would be too many pets.

Then I brought the one pet to the pet park and tried again to move in the couple with the two pets. The game still didn't let them move in and I got the same message.

Weird thing is that moving the couple to another house left the pig behind.

I remember similar posts when players weren't able to delete an architekt home. In those cases it did help to place a weather machine, force close, open the game and take the machine away again. If this doesn't help in your game you may need help from the Firemonkeys :?
0 x
Brilliant Backyards, 5.41.4
iOS 12.0.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View

User avatar
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult
Posts: 522
Joined: 25 Jan 2016, 23:13
x 110

Re: Help with building a house!

Post by copperwood » 29 Jul 2018, 15:26

Also make sure you don't have a sim visiting a neighbor. I'm pretty sure that was the reason for me once not being able to delete a house.
3 x

Simsaddict456
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Posts: 303
Joined: 11 Apr 2017, 20:41
x 136

Re: Help with building a house!

Post by Simsaddict456 » 29 Jul 2018, 16:22

copperwood wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 15:26
Also make sure you don't have a sim visiting a neighbor. I'm pretty sure that was the reason for me once not being able to delete a house.
That was apparently the reason in my case as well. I brought a sim home and suddenly I could delete the lot like usual. Thanks everyone for help :D
3 x

Post Reply