Retired/Replaced a Sim

All topics for the new title The Sims Mobile!
Post Reply
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran
Posts: 1602
Joined: 08 Dec 2015, 22:58
x 616

Retired/Replaced a Sim

Post by SKatF » 08 Nov 2018, 01:34

When sims are retired, any stickers they receive do not go to the player (or anyone, so basically wasted.) And if you have an ongoing story with the sim, they do not look like a retired sim. It's great that you can still work on your story progress, but not good you don't have a way to know they're retired.

So letting anyone who is friends with my sims know that I retired Maria and replaced her with Leuntje.
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-11-07-20-32-26-1.png
Leuntje, new sim
Screenshot_2018-07-09-17-38-43-2.png
Maria, now retired
1 x

SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran
Posts: 1602
Joined: 08 Dec 2015, 22:58
x 616

Re: Retired/Replaced a Sim

Post by SKatF » 08 Nov 2018, 01:37

SKatF wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 01:34
When sims are retired, any stickers they receive do not go to the player (or anyone, so basically wasted.) And if you have an ongoing story with the sim, they do not look like a retired sim. It's great that you can still work on your story progress, but not good you don't have a way to know they're retired.

So letting anyone who is friends with my sims know that I retired Maria and replaced her with Leuntje.
Weird, I just went into my game and got the end of week notice that sticker contest ended. Which usually happens on Monday. I got no gems. And no new sticker categories/contest.
0 x

User avatar
mockingbird288z
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6267
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 04:51
Location: Florida; UTC -4:00
x 1225
Contact:

Re: Retired/Replaced a Sim

Post by mockingbird288z » 08 Nov 2018, 05:10

SKatF wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 01:37
SKatF wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 01:34
When sims are retired, any stickers they receive do not go to the player (or anyone, so basically wasted.) And if you have an ongoing story with the sim, they do not look like a retired sim. It's great that you can still work on your story progress, but not good you don't have a way to know they're retired.

So letting anyone who is friends with my sims know that I retired Maria and replaced her with Leuntje.
Weird, I just went into my game and got the end of week notice that sticker contest ended. Which usually happens on Monday. I got no gems. And no new sticker categories/contest.
It seems to be a glitch with the push update that happened today.
1 x
Facebook: Leah Taylor
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
2018 Holiday Update

SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran
Posts: 1602
Joined: 08 Dec 2015, 22:58
x 616

Re: Retired/Replaced a Sim

Post by SKatF » 08 Nov 2018, 18:16

mockingbird288z wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 05:10
SKatF wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 01:37

Weird, I just went into my game and got the end of week notice that sticker contest ended. Which usually happens on Monday. I got no gems. And no new sticker categories/contest.
It seems to be a glitch with the push update that happened today.
A very irritating glitch as we lost all our progress towards gems. Also, I now wonder whether we will get a full week to collect, or the collection period will end on Monday, as before.
0 x

User avatar
ErinPW
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4075
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 10:41
Location: Germany, UTC +1
x 507

Re: Retired/Replaced a Sim

Post by ErinPW » 20 Nov 2018, 09:16

My sims are going to leave the game after they have finished the harvest event. It will take a while untill I have new sims that are supposed to stay.
1 x
2018 Holidays, 5.42.1
iOS 12.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View

SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran
Posts: 1602
Joined: 08 Dec 2015, 22:58
x 616

Re: Retired/Replaced a Sim

Post by SKatF » 22 Nov 2018, 02:39

ErinPW wrote:
20 Nov 2018, 09:16
My sims are going to leave the game after they have finished the harvest event. It will take a while untill I have new sims that are supposed to stay.
We'll miss them! But we can still usually finish stories with other player's retired sims.

In fact, I find it ironic I never see my retired sims, but can frequently see other player's retirees who were in relationships with my sims (spouses, parents, even close friends)

I guess once I retire my long time sims, they will disappear too.
Attachments
20181121_213218.jpg
Kaatje's mom Brynn often shows up wherever she is.
20181121_213038.jpg
Elijah hangs around the hospital a lot where his daughter is a doctor.
20181121_213106.jpg
Abra has a meal at the restaurant with some old friends during the harvestfest cooking class.
2 x

User avatar
ErinPW
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4075
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 10:41
Location: Germany, UTC +1
x 507

Re: Retired/Replaced a Sim

Post by ErinPW » 22 Nov 2018, 17:54

It's good to know other player's sims are still able to interact with retired sims! And I love to see, Lucy, Eli, Bryn and Elijah on your pictures ❤️

Mina and Mick have been retired yesterday, Paige and Eric will follow them as soon as the new children grow up. All four are going to return to Mina's and Mick's native country called "Simxanadu" where there is a fountain of youth which will turn them into adult sims again 8-)
1 x
2018 Holidays, 5.42.1
iOS 12.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View

User avatar
ErinPW
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4075
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 10:41
Location: Germany, UTC +1
x 507

Re: Retired/Replaced a Sim

Post by ErinPW » 30 Nov 2018, 09:30

Mina, Mick, Paige and Eric have left my game.

The new sims - Mia, Luca, Georgia and Joey - are going to stay for a while.
Mia's mom Kate and Luca's dad Kester are cousins of Mina and Mick :)
Attachments
BB0276D2-BD04-4E0B-8CF1-3979E1A158C7.jpeg
Mia - Luca - Georgia - Joey
1 x
2018 Holidays, 5.42.1
iOS 12.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View

SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran
Posts: 1602
Joined: 08 Dec 2015, 22:58
x 616

Re: Retired/Replaced a Sim

Post by SKatF » 02 Dec 2018, 19:16

Thanks for intro. Will look for them at parties. Sure wish we could call over any of game friends active sims or they would wander our game , not just the sims we've met. With parties not working well, it takes a while to meet new sims.
2 x

Post Reply