iOS - Facebook Neighbors disappeared

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
ErinPW

Re: iOS - Facebook Neighbors disappeared

Post by ErinPW »

meadowweaver40 wrote: 10 Jul 2022, 01:47 I stopped adding neighbors. It won’t work for my FreePlay account. I even checked people were on Facebook so no idea what happened.
I have moved your post to a related topic. The tips at the opening may help to solve the neighbor’s issue.

If you’re using the FB app you may have to log out there, too, and uninstall this app. Then log in to FB via the browser, open the game‘s account manager and log in with FB. After that you can log out from FB via the browser. Then you can re-install the FB app if you want.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
meadowweaver40
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by meadowweaver40 »

Thanks. Let me try that.
Level 55 and town value of over 400 million.
Dog and cat house next to billboard. Neighbor house next to party boat.
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

I usually play on my ipad…I have 4 FB friends that don’t show up on my Party Boat. One of these used to be there but now they aren’t. The other 3 have never shown up on my ipad but they are there if I go into my game on my Android phone…so is it a cross platform issue?
The one that used to show on my ipad may have changed their settings?? Or need to renew their FB connection??
At one point, I know my town wasn’t showing on friends’ lists and I think it was because I noticed my game wasn’t saving in my Game Centre so I started logging out of FB every few days, saving to GC and then logging back into FB. Now, I make sure to sign out of GC before I sign back into Facebook so it is the primary connection. I don’t know if this is helping or not??
Updated town info in profile
meadowweaver40
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by meadowweaver40 »

Thanks Erin that worked. It was a pain. I added two people from the forum and they appeared right away. I tried to have a separate FB profile back in the day and FB locked me out for not using a real name.
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

meadowweaver40 wrote: 09 Aug 2022, 00:15 Thanks Erin that worked. It was a pain. I added two people from the forum and they appeared right away. I tried to have a separate FB profile back in the day and FB locked me out for not using a real name.
The FB I use for Sims only has Sims friends…FB has had no issues with it but it locked me out of the account that is in my real name and wanted a picture of my birth certificate or passport. Ummm…no. Eventually they unlocked it.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Butterfly wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 20:53 […]
I am unable to add friends since that update that broke the connection. Is there a way to add friends back on The Sims FreePlay? Thanks! :D
Quoting your post from that topic as we would get off topic overthere :)

The only way to have neighbors for SFP is to friend some players on FB. Are you using an iOS device? Then this topic may help.

I think it‘s best to have SFP friends you‘re in contact with. E.g. if you see them regularly at this forum. This way it‘s easier to contact them if their town disappeared, so they can step in and renew the connection SFP/FB.
iOS 17.4.1

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Debbilu_7 wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 23:31 I usually play on my ipad…I have 4 FB friends that don’t show up on my Party Boat. One of these used to be there but now they aren’t. The other 3 have never shown up on my ipad but they are there if I go into my game on my Android phone…so is it a cross platform issue?
[…]
As far as I know Android users don’t have this issue and always see their neighbors. But if they don‘t change the visibility to friends (or public) or they don‘t renew their connection or log out and back in regularly they don’t show up on the party boats of their iOS friends.

I wish we could have back Game Center the way it was before iOS 9. It was easy, it protected the privacy and we could have friends without FB.
iOS 17.4.1

Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

ErinPW wrote: 09 Aug 2022, 06:24

As far as I know Android users don’t have this issue and always see their neighbors. But if they don‘t change the visibility to friends (or public) or they don‘t renew their connection or log out and back in regularly they don’t show up on the party boats of their iOS friends.

I wish we could have back Game Center the way it was before iOS 9. It was easy, it protected the privacy and we could have friends without FB.
I agree…I have lots of GC friends from years ago—no idea if they’re still playing though.
The fact that some players are visible to me on android but not iOS has confused me in regards to it being a FB settings issue. I haven’t connected my game to Google Play because I worry that might complicate things even more.
Really, as long as I have one good neighbour town ( ;) ;) ) I’m happy. I do miss being able to be nosy and poke around the other towns though lol!
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

So… if you want/need, send me a friend request, but please also send me a pm with your forum nickname as I usually ignore friend requests from strangers 😀
https://www.facebook.com/sobotkova.jana

I have a house for neighbours in the left bottom part of the sim town (house with fireworks). It’s equipped with everything that’s needed for neighbourhood tasks, mostly 3-star objects, but let me know in case anything is missing…
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
meadowweaver40
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by meadowweaver40 »

I think I fixed an issue with people not seeing my party boat. I had FB not allowing the app to show I played it. I switched that to friends can see it so hope those who accepted friend requests can see my town now.