[Seasonal Quest] Thanksgiving Special Event (3 days)

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
ErinPW

[Seasonal Quest] Thanksgiving Special Event (3 days)

Post by ErinPW »

The rerun of this seasonal Quest will be starting from November 16th, 7.00 a.m. UTC
Original start was in November 2014.
4BD8D849-F10F-4707-9429-99B5B5BD3C5C.jpeg

Thanksgiving has arrived! Complete this quest to have lively pet Turkeys gobbling about in your Sims' homes!
(Please note that these "pets" are similar to the rabbits.)
Note: Times may vary as they depend on the star rating of the used objects and your Sim‘s mood. (Inspired Sims will be faster, happy Sims will do the tasks at a normal speed, sad Sims will need more time.)

Day 1
  1. Buy a Festive Banner - Note: It’s the first item in decorations tab and it‘s free
  2. Buy Festive Balloons - Note: It’s the first item in decorations tab and it‘s free
  3. Call guests on a Phone (1 hour 4 mins) Note: Whichever home your Sim calls from will be the location of Thanksgiving this year!
  4. Greet the mysterious Sim (5 hours 18 mins)
  5. Introduce Sim to Turkey (Mr. Snoody) (2 hours 8 mins)
  6. Feed Mr. Snoody (5 hours 56 mins)
  7. Wait for day 2 (Can be skipped with SP) Day 2 will start at the same time you started the quest
Day 2
  1. Ask Ms Pennyworth about Mr Snoody (2 hours 8 mins)
  2. Search Fridge for pumpkins (3 hours 29 mins)
  3. Prepare food for Turkey (3 hours 48 mins - for correct choice see screenshot below day 3)
  4. Feed Mr. Snoody Pumpkin (2 hours 18 mins - for correct choice see screenshot below day 3)
  5. Ask Mr. Snoody what to make for dinner (5 hours 8 mins)
  6. Wait for day 3 (Can be skipped with SP)
Day 3
  1. Order Pizza on a Phone (1 hour 45 mins)
  2. Give Attention to Mr. Snoody (4 hours 17 mins - for correct choice see screenshot below day 3)
  3. Have 4 or more Sims at the Same House
  4. Have 4 Sims eating Take Away Pizza (2 hours 3 mins) (Pizza box is next to the garbage can) All 4 Sims need to finish eating pizza.
  5. Tell Turkey a Story (5 hours 4 mins - for correct choice see screenshot below day 3)
  6. Talk to Ms. Pennyworth (Ask if Mr. Snoody can stay) (6 hours 1 min)
Congratulations! It's time for Mr. Snoody to go, but because of the love you showed Mr. Snoody, Ms.
Pennyworth has decided to bestow Sim Town with pet turkeys for all! Available from the
Home Store.

Help to see the correct choice:
E6D92BB3-CD98-4FAD-87A2-C60FCAE2E412.jpeg
[+] Original text by Perturbee
Thanksgiving 2014 (Special Event)
Starts 25th of November and lasts for only 3 days! (After that the quest is no longer available!)

Thanksgiving has arrived! Complete this quest to have lively pet Turkeys gobbling about in your Sims' homes!
(Please note that these "pets" are similar to the rabbits and will cost 20 LPs each, none for free!)
---[ Short text version ]---

Buy a Festive Banner
Buy Balloon Basket
Call guests on a Phone (* 10 mins, ** 9 mins, *** 8 mins)
Be Nice to the Mysterious Sim (1 min)
Introduce Sim to Turkey (4 hrs 30 mins)
Feed turkey (6 secs)
Ask Ms Pennyworth about Mr Snoody (5 mins)
Grow Pumpkin (24 hrs, can be started beforehand)
Prepare food for Turkey (* 4 hrs 30 mins, ** 4 hrs, *** 3 hrs 40 mins, correct choice see bottom of the page)
Feed turkey (4 hrs 30 mins, correct choice see bottom of the page)
Ask Turkey what to make for dinner (8 mins)
Order Pizza on a Phone (* 30 mins, ** 27 mins, *** 24 mins)
Give Attention to the Turkey (4 hrs 30 mins, correct choice see bottom of the page)
Have 4 or more Sims at the Same House
Have 4 Sims eating Take Away Pizza (Pizza box is next to the garbage can, tap it 4 times to complete it)
Tell Turkey a Story (4 hrs 30 mins, correct choice see bottom of the page)
Ask Ms Pennyworth if Turkey can stay in Sim Town (5 mins)

Congratulations, you've unlocked the turkey. You can find it in the pet store.

---[ Long text version ]---

Buy a Festive Banner
(Thanksgiving is upon Sim Town! Get a Sim's house ready for the big event!
Buy a Festive Banner from the 'Decorations' section of the Home store. It's the long, wall hanging with the colorful triangles on it!)

Buy Balloon Basket
(That banner looks excellent, but what the house really needs are some balloons!
Place some festive balloons. In the spirit of Thanksgiving, a free set is available in the decorations section of the HOME store.)

Call guests on a Phone (* 10 mins, ** 9 mins, *** 8 mins)
(Perfect! Your other Sims will love these Thanksgiving decorations! Invite them over!
Call some guests on a phone.
NOTE: WHICHEVER HOME YOUR SIM CALLS FROM WILL BE THE LOCATION OF THANKSGIVING THIS YEAR.)

Be Nice to the Mysterious Sim (1 min)
(During that phonecall, a mysterious Sim appeared at the front of the lot with a strange bird. Better see what she wants.
Be Nice to the mysterious Sim.)

Introduce Sim to Turkey (4 hrs 30 mins)
(The mysterious Sim's name is Ms Pennyworth, and she needs a willing Sim to look after her fabulous Turkey, Mr Snoody Von Wattles, for her while she’s out of town.
Introduce your Sim to Mr Snoody, the Turkey.)

Feed turkey (6 secs)
(Mr Snoody doesn't have a lot to say to your Sim, but he is a truly magnificent bird. He looks hungry.)
Feed Mr Snoody.)

Ask Ms Pennyworth about Mr Snoody (5 mins)
(WAIT! Ms Pennyworth informs your Sim that they can't feed the Turkey just any old feed! He must be treated in a most particular way.
Ask Ms Pennyworth about 'Caring for Mr Snoody.')

Grow Pumpkin (24 hrs, can be started beforehand)
(What was it Ms Pennyworth said? Mr Snoody only eats PUMPKIN!
Have your Sim grow some Pumpkins to get things started.)

Prepare food for Turkey (* 4 hrs 30 mins, ** 4 hrs, *** 3 hrs 40 mins, correct choice see bottom of the page)
(Those are magnificent pumpkins! Truly fit for any bird of distinction! Now to prepare them. How did the Turkey like his pumpkins again?
Go to a kitchen sink, and choose the correct preparation method.
NOTE: If you can't remember how to prepare the pumpkins, call Ms Pennyworth on a phone and ask her. Alternatively you can just guess until you get it right.)

Feed turkey (4 hrs 30 mins, correct choice see bottom of the page)
(Perfect! Mr Snoody likes his pumpkins SMASHED! Now have a Sim feed them to him. How did he like to be fed again?
Tap on the turkey, and choose the correct feeding method.
NOTE: If you can't remember the correct feeding method, call Ms Pennyworth on a phone and ask her. Alternatively you can just guess until you get it right.)

Ask Turkey what to make for dinner (8 mins)
(Excellent! A hand fed Turkey is a happy Turkey! Something's rumbling though. It's not an earthquake; it's your Sim's stomach growling! The Turkey seems like it knows the answer too!
Have a Sim ask the turkey what to have for Thanksgiving dinner!)

Order Pizza on a Phone (* 30 mins, ** 27 mins, *** 24 mins)
(The Turkey had a great idea for Thanksgiving dinner. Pizza! Wait, pizza? Well, the Turkey is traditional, so what he says must logically go at times like this. Never mind cooking though, the Turkey knows a great take away place!
Order a Pizza on a Phone.)

Give Attention to the Turkey (4 hrs 30 mins, correct choice see bottom of the page)
(The Pizza is on the way! It's still going to be a while though, and your Sim feels like entertaining the turkey in the meantime! What kind of attention does the turkey really like again?
Tap on the Turkey, and choose the correct type of attention.
NOTE: If you can't remember what the answer is, call Ms Pennyworth on a phone and ask her. Alternatively you can just guess until you get it right.)

Have 4 or more Sims at the Same House
(That's it! All Turkeys love a good scratch behind the neck, or at least this one does. The pizza has arrived too! Invite some guests over!
Have at least 4 Sims in the same house. The more the merrier though!)

Have 4 Sims eating Take Away Pizza (Pizza box is next to the garbage can, tap it 4 times to complete it)
(Great! The guests are all here, and that pizza looks good enough to eat!
Have 4 Sims eating Pizza! Tap on the pile of Pizzas next to the turkey, and choose 'Eat Pizza'
NOTE: Find the Pizza at the house with the Turkey symbol over it on the Town Map!)

Tell Turkey a Story (4 hrs 30 mins, correct choice see bottom of the page)
(The Pizza is excellent! Mr Snoody will be ready for his story time soon.
What kind of story did he like again?
Tap on the turkey, and choose the correct type of story.
NOTE: If you can't remember the type of story Mr Snoody likes, call Ms Pennyworth on a phone and ask her. Alternatively you can just guess until you get it right.)

Ask Ms Pennyworth if Turkey can stay in Sim Town (5 mins)
(Brilliant job! Your Sims have cared for the Turkey perfectly and now, Ms Pennyworth has come to take him home. Your Sims want to keep him though.
Talk to Ms Pennyworth and plead your case.)

Congratulations, you've unlocked the turkey. You can find it in the pet store.

Happy Simming!

Help:
Please listen carefully!
Mr Snoody only eats PUMPKIN that has been prepared by SMASHING it.
Mr Snoody has to be HAND FED, and after his meal he likes to be SCRATCHED BEHIND THE NECK.
Finally, Mr Snoody likes being told stories, but he only likes FUNNY stories.
Got all that? If you forget, you can always call me on a phone, and I'll tell you again.[spoiler]
Last edited by ErinPW on 21 Nov 2023, 13:00, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Changed title
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
ErinPW

Re: [Seasonal Quest] Thanksgiving 2014 Special Event (3 days)

Post by ErinPW »

The first of each turkeys ist free.
74A09840-9E54-476A-8DF3-E476D127910C.jpeg
6ED4C86B-0942-42BC-99BE-8B1AC86F4589.jpeg

If you had completed this quest in 2014 already you get a popup:
"You have already completed the Thanksqiving Quest in 2014. You
can find the additional 'Golden Turkev' prize in the Home Store."

But there is no free one :?
590FE7ED-FDC8-48BC-840A-2AF3CA09258D.jpeg
Last edited by ErinPW on 16 Nov 2022, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated
iOS 17.4.1

simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

I did complete this quest in 2014, and already had the golden turkey. That one must’ve been available somewhere else in the intervening years.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

simmare wrote: 16 Nov 2022, 22:34 I did complete this quest in 2014, and already had the golden turkey. That one must’ve been available somewhere else in the intervening years.
I also think I saw the golden one before the quest started. But I didn’t take a screenshot and now it’s too late. Possibly it has been unlocked with the current update. Wish, I hadn’t updated my old device, yet :?
iOS 17.4.1

simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

ErinPW wrote: 17 Nov 2022, 09:47
simmare wrote: 16 Nov 2022, 22:34 I did complete this quest in 2014, and already had the golden turkey. That one must’ve been available somewhere else in the intervening years.
I also think I saw the golden one before the quest started. But I didn’t take a screenshot and now it’s too late. Possibly it has been unlocked with the current update. Wish, I hadn’t updated my old device, yet :?
Could be. I checked before the quest started but obviously after the update. One of my houses has turkeys - let me go check if there’s a golden one.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side

simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

Okay, I checked. Both turkeys at that house I’ve had for years are brown. Sorry, I can’t prove or disprove when the golden turkeys arrived.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

No worries! We weren’t prepared for this :)
iOS 17.4.1

LippyBB
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Thanksgiving Quest 2023

Post by LippyBB »

Can anyone tell me what happened to the Thanksgiving Quest, it simply disappeared off my upcoming quest list before it became 'live'. Anyone know why? I'm in the UK
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

LippyBB wrote: 21 Nov 2023, 12:31 Can anyone tell me what happened to the Thanksgiving Quest, it simply disappeared off my upcoming quest list before it became 'live'. Anyone know why? I'm in the UK
Welcome to the forum, LippyBB!

The ‘Thanksgiving’ Player Favorite Seasonal Quest (starting from November 18th 2023) is a repeated event. It showed up for all players in the upcoming quest list and then silently disappeared for players who you have completed it last year already. Have a look into your Home Store. If the turkeys are there, you have completed this quest last year or in 2014 already.

Hope, this helps!
iOS 17.4.1

LippyBB
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by LippyBB »

ErinPW wrote: 21 Nov 2023, 12:57
LippyBB wrote: 21 Nov 2023, 12:31 Can anyone tell me what happened to the Thanksgiving Quest, it simply disappeared off my upcoming quest list before it became 'live'. Anyone know why? I'm in the UK
Welcome to the forum, LippyBB!

The ‘Thanksgiving’ Player Favorite Seasonal Quest (starting from November 18th 2023) is a repeated event. It showed up for all players in the upcoming quest list and then silently disappeared for players who you have completed it last year already. Have a look into your Home Store. If the turkeys are there, you have completed this quest last year or in 2014 already.

Hope, this helps!
This does help to a degree, thank you, however I wasn't playing this time last year! I was looking forward to getting a Turkey! :cry: