Pretty Pastel Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
ErinPW

Pretty Pastel Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by ErinPW »

The Update will be available from 16th October 9:30pm UTC (Subject to change)
Source

Link to the official article: Pretty Pastel Update

Version 5.80.-

Events Calendar

All the upcoming playable events for this update are listed below (all dates in PST):
  • NEW Sim Springs Neighborhood 4 (Eco Esplanade): 44-day event, start anytime from October 17
  • NEW Influence Island Season 43: 10-day event starting October 17
  • NEW SimChase Season 65 ‘Paddock Panic’: 9-day event starting October 17
  • NEW ‘Pastel Pad’ Live Event: 13-day event starting October 28
  • NEW 'Day of the Dead Celebration Pack', available in the Store between October 31 and November 6 (Online Store)
  • NEW Maternity Pack 39: 9-day event starting November 2
  • NEW SimChase Season 66 ‘Sweet Skate-Off’: 9-day event starting November 16
  • NEW ‘Sweet Soirée’ Bonanza: available from November 21 - November 27 (Online Store)
Reruns:
  • ‘Chocolatier’ Hobby Event: 7-day event starting October 23
  • Influence Island Season 15: 10-day event starting November 6
  • ‘Marvellously Maximalist’ Live Event: 10-day event starting November 14
  • ‘Thanksgiving’ Player Favorite Seasonal Quest: 3-day event starting November 18
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

News:
(Shortened from the official article.)
  • Sim Springs Neighborhood 4, "Eco Esplanade"
    Available from Player Level 40 and completing the previous three neighborhoods
    Note: Discussions to this event can be held here.
  • ‘Day of the Dead Celebration’ Pack, Pets can join in the celebrations too! Welcome these colorfully painted shorthair cats and pugs into your Sim family. Plus, decorate your walls with traditional alebrijes skeletons. This pack will be available in the Store between October 31 and November 6.
Quality of Life Improvements
  • Base Game Additions:

Rice Dishes Mmm, something smells delicious! Your Sims can now cook a selection of new rice dishes from any rice cooker, including katsu curry, green curry, pad kra pow, pilaf and chana masala! They look so tasty!
    Don’t own a rice cooker? Pick one up in the Store with the ‘Luxurious Kitchen Appliances’ Pack between November 25 and 27.

Framed Art Spruce up your Sim’s home with some framed art! Our talented SimGurus have created 12 new artworks for you to decorate your walls. There are pastel images, landscapes, still life, plus so much more! You can find them all in the Decorations tab of The Home Store from October 17.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Changes:

Filter in home store doesn’t work properly

The Bronze Ring Fountain is now available at the template "Scholarly Chateau" (on large lots, only)
This fountain also got the interaction "Jump in puddle"
Last edited by ErinPW on 15 Nov 2023, 17:32, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Updated
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Pretty Pastel Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by simmare »

One thing about the new interface has become very clear with the new Sim Springs event. When placing multiples of any item (as you’re often directed to do during Sim Springs), the home store erases any filters I’ve used, even though my filters are still checked.

For example, placing TVs. In Electronics I filter for TVs and 3-star. Place one TV, go back to home store, and suddenly I’m seeing stereos and computers of all star levels instead of the 3-star TVs I used to see after placement of one. I have to uncheck and recheck the filters I want. It’s really annoying because the old tablet interface didn’t behave this way.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

simmare wrote: 19 Oct 2023, 06:28 One thing about the new interface has become very clear with the new Sim Springs event. When placing multiples of any item (as you’re often directed to do during Sim Springs), the home store erases any filters I’ve used, even though my filters are still checked.

For example, placing TVs. In Electronics I filter for TVs and 3-star. Place one TV, go back to home store, and suddenly I’m seeing stereos and computers of all star levels instead of the 3-star TVs I used to see after placement of one. I have to uncheck and recheck the filters I want. It’s really annoying because the old tablet interface didn’t behave this way.
I have just noticed this very thing and it’s super annoying! Very tiresome for those tasks that need multiple items placing so multiple sims can do the tasks. I was really hoping for some changes for the better to this awful interface, instead it’s even more annoying.
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
JaneRoettinger
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by JaneRoettinger »

simmare wrote: 19 Oct 2023, 06:28 One thing about the new interface has become very clear with the new Sim Springs event. When placing multiples of any item (as you’re often directed to do during Sim Springs), the home store erases any filters I’ve used, even though my filters are still checked.

I'm using Android phone for playing and in my game filters behave this way since they were introduced. Very annoying but I've already lost hope that Firemonkeys will fix this bug.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

bluebeariscool wrote: 19 Oct 2023, 16:05

I have just noticed this very thing and it’s super annoying! Very tiresome for those tasks that need multiple items placing so multiple sims can do the tasks. I was really hoping for some changes for the better to this awful interface, instead it’s even more annoying.
Same here, but it was last week, so before this update already. I was hoping this issue would be fixed but obviously it’s not :(
iOS 17.4.1

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

The fountain from the template "Scholarly Chateau" wasn‘t available right away, but now it‘s there, if you build it on an Ocean View Residence. (It will be unlocked in home store after completing Eco Esplanade in Sim Springs.)

It also got the interaction "Jump in puddle" for Sims from toddler to senior. A picture doesn’t really show the action but it looks funny if you watch them :)
Attachments
IMG_8427.jpeg
iOS 17.4.1