Art Nouveau Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
ErinPW

Art Nouveau Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by ErinPW »

The Update will be available from 22nd January 2024 9:30pm UTC (Subject to change)
Source

The official blog notes aren’t published, yet. The link leads to the overview of the latest News: News ea.com

Edit January 5th:
Here’s the link to the official blog notes: ea.com - Art Nouveau

Version 5.82.-

Events Calendar

All the upcoming playable events for this update are listed below (all dates in PST):
  • NEW SimChase Season 69 ‘Sculpted Scrimmage!’: 9-day event starting January 23
  • NEW Influence Island Season 45: 10-day event starting January 23
  • NEW ‘Arthouse Nouveau’ Live Event: 13-day event starting February 1
  • NEW Influence Island Season 46: 10-day event starting February 8
  • NEW Maternity Pack 41: 9-day event starting February 13
Reruns:
  • ‘Embrace the Fro’ Hair Hobby Event: 10-day event available starting February 1
  • ‘Oh So Ombre’ Hair Hobby Event: 10-day event available starting February 16
  • ‘Wedding Belles’ Live Event: 13-day event starting February 18th
  • ‘HANS ON!’ Player Favorite Season Quest: 7-day event available starting February 19th
  • SimChase Season 30 ‘Seaside Strife!’: 9-day event starting February 22nd
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

News:
  • 5 new levels - Instead of simply collecting XP there are some other requirements.
    - Not all the requirements are the same for every game
    - Some requirements can‘t be completed by every player (The Firemonkeys are working on a solution)
  • Free clothes pack in Online Store: Black History Month-Inspired Wax Prints
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Changes:

Bugs
Many crashes
Graphic issue at a preteen hairstyle
Last edited by ErinPW on 25 Jan 2024, 18:40, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Art Nouveau Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by simmare »

Just got the update. The level-up tasks seem buggy. For one thing, I have a goal to improve the vaulting area at the stables. I completed the entire stables years ago, and one of my Sims is currently using the fully complete vaulting area. Yet this area shows as incomplete in my SimDex. But there’s nothing to improve!

Also, it wants me to increase my town value. I’m already at max town value, and have been for years.

It also wants me to construct a building. It seems to want me to use up my available house lots, but I don’t want to. I always keep a few undeveloped to preview architect houses or new templates.

What am I supposed to do, FM? I did it all already!
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

I’m also wondering how to get around the town value issue. I’m also at max so am stuck.

I was able to construct a building as I have a few vacant lots so that bar has filled up. The only other requirement I have is to increase XP which is fine. Hopefully there will be a workaround for those unable to increase town value.
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
Valgon
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Valgon »

A couple players reported in some FB group that they just need to visit other town to fix the town value bug..
I don't get anything buggy. But I have to build all shops in the mall and I'm still completing Downtown Dev so still almost 2 weeks to get level 56..

In iOS my game still wants FB login confirmation every now and then *sigh
It's fine in Android.
bluebeariscool
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bluebeariscool »

I can confirm that visiting a neighbours town and carrying out a task works to remove the levelling up requirement for town value. I had seen this on Facebook earlier too. I don’t actually have any neighbours anymore so I just visited the in game other town and it worked. Now just to gather enough XP to get to the next level.

I feel fortunate I don’t have the stable problem, I have seen a few people on Facebook complaining about it.
GC: bluebeariscool
HFN: Starter House has fire pole, oven Fire, dirty pool and everything else needed for social tasks (I think)
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Valgon wrote: 23 Jan 2024, 14:52 A couple players reported in some FB group that they just need to visit other town to fix the town value bug..
I don't get anything buggy. But I have to build all shops in the mall and I'm still completing Downtown Dev so still almost 2 weeks to get level 56..

In iOS my game still wants FB login confirmation every now and then *sigh
It's fine in Android.
Thank you for the tipp! About 6 hours ago I visited a town with the same TV like my town and this didn’t change anything. After reading your post I thought, it may help to visit a town with a lower TV. When I was back in my town, the task "Increase Town Value Rank" has disappeared :)

In the meantime I saw a post on FB that the team is working on the issue with the requirements. Hopefully the‘ll fix it soon!

The FB login issue is in my game nearly every time I open the game.
iOS 17.4.1

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

I just opened the game again and the task to increase the TV rank was back. Then I visited Another Simtown again, but the task is still there. I hope these issues will be solved soon!
iOS 17.4.1

simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

I have a ticket in with my issues. We’ll see what they say. The Stable issue bothers me the most. They actually unchecked something in my SimDex that was checked for a long time. Because the area is DONE and can’t be improved anymore!
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side

simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

Going to another town didn’t work for me
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side

amberkat
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by amberkat »

same problem about the sims stables. finished it back when it first arrived. left my sim doing a vaulting event.