This is a Free forum? Please read!

General chit chat, forum rules and everything non-Sims Freeplay can be discussed here.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

This is a Free forum? Please read!

Post by Perturbee »

Hi everyone,

As we're slowly approaching our 5th anniversary, I'd like to draw attention to the fact that I personally provide this forum free of charge. Last month I've paid the bill for another year for hosting this forum.

We do not have any hidden scheme to make money with this forum, there are no advertisements, no hidden data sales, no donation buttons, nothing of the sorts. Our fantastic moderators also do their share for free!

While this free stuff (our server and the software) costs someone money (in this case me), I would like you to think for a moment how much this forum is worth to you. Once you have decided on how much it is worth, please visit your (local) charity of choice and give them that amount of money. Pay it forward.

That is all I'm asking!

Thank you for reading and considering.

Edit: This is not a requirement. You do not have to post about it either.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: This is a Free forum? Please read!

Post by SKatF »

Perturbee wrote: 29 Mar 2018, 09:52 Hi everyone,

As we're slowly approaching our 5th anniversary, I'd like to draw attention to the fact that I personally provide this forum free of charge. Last month I've paid the bill for another year for hosting this forum.

We do not have any hidden scheme to make money with this forum, there are no advertisements, no hidden data sales, no donation buttons, nothing of the sorts. Our fantastic moderators also do their share for free!

While this free stuff (our server and the software) costs someone money (in this case me), I would like you to think for a moment how much this forum is worth to you. Once you have decided on how much it is worth, please visit your (local) charity of choice and give them that amount of money. Pay it forward.

That is all I'm asking!

Thank you for reading and considering.
Donation to a food pantry.
Kassandra
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Kassandra »

Congratulations on the fifth anniversary, may we be able to stay here for a long time to come as well!

Thank you for providing us with this wonderful forum full of information and fun activities to enrich our gaming life. Doing so in an advertisement free environment is a rare treasure and highly appreciated. :D

Regarding the paying it forward: Is donating to an animal shelter valid, too? We adopted our cat there. :)
Last edited by Kassandra on 29 Mar 2018, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
Level 55 - Seniors quest
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Sure, it's entirely up to you and it's not required to post about it either. It was just a kind request to do some good in the world.
ilovethesims
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by ilovethesims »

Good on you for doing this Perturbee!
Level: 54
Current quest: The school discovery one
Send me a PM if you want to add me :)
Monument Level: All Monuments Complete
No Complete HFN, but one in the works at
DiTori
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by DiTori »

Thanks again for hosting this. I’ve wondered if you incurred any cost in running it. Lovely idea of paying it forward which I shall avail myself of with this blog in mind💜
Voted most Active Town by JD Simhouse & Assoc.
Game Center Schotzybleu
HFN original lot
Tinuke
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Tinuke »

:lol: :lol:
DiTori wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 17:45 Thanks again for hosting this. I’ve wondered if you incurred any cost in running it. Lovely idea of paying it forward which I shall avail myself of with this blog in mind💜
randy_thrandy
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by randy_thrandy »

This ia a wonderful concept and a wonderful thing you're doing, Perturbee. Thank you so much!
party king 5eva ~(⌐■u■)~
AshbyWoulds
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by AshbyWoulds »

thank you for your time effort and love for this community <3
Tiger2022
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Tiger2022 »