Does anyone like the new update???

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
lyseebell
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Does anyone like the new update???

Post by lyseebell »

Yaaaay I love people and I think a lot of kids don't realize that their parents use their electronics after they go to bed! Lol one thing that I've learned over my 13 years is to keep your stuff in your room at night :mrgreen: I
Silvacrose
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Silvacrose »

To be honest, I'm not sure about this update. I don't hate it, but I have mixed feelings about my sims dying. I have been playing for 2 years so I am attached to some of my sims, but I was also starting to get bored with the game, so I like that there is a lot of new things to do.
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

I'm not updating for now. I'm in denial. No, actually I just have a lot of things I still want to do. I'll eventually update and the. We'll see whether I stick or not. I'm glad to see some are happy with it. I was never bored with my game. In fact, since Christmas I've been wishing they would go away and just let me play but I believe I'm not the norm. I think most were ready for a change. I guess that's the one constant in life --it's never constant. It will alway change.
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
Amy J
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Amy J »

I'm still deciding while I get my head around it all! I do really like the idea of generations and life dreams, but I think the whole thing could have been implemented better. I didn't enjoy having to kill off a sim, marry two others and give them a baby, just as part of the quest. I think they should have had some visitor sims as part of a tutorial so we could learn about all the new features and kill those off before tampering with our own towns. Also I think I wouldn't mind the natural ageing if it happened a lot slower. The preteens seem to age very quickly - it took me months to get mine to the top level at school and I can't see it would be possible to achieve that in their short time. Perhaps if FM could introduce some different ageing times - fast, medium, slow and OFF - it would help players feel more in control and play at a pace that suited them.

Anyway, glad to see some players are enjoying it! :)
hiser1974

Post by hiser1974 »

katgames wrote:I'm not updating for now. I'm in denial. No, actually I just have a lot of things I still want to do. I'll eventually update and the. We'll see whether I stick or not. I'm glad to see some are happy with it. I was never bored with my game. In fact, since Christmas I've been wishing they would go away and just let me play but I believe I'm not the norm. I think most were ready for a change. I guess that's the one constant in life --it's never constant. It will alway change.
Exactly my thoughts. I hadn't become bored with the game, just less enthusiastic. After some thought that was because I had the feeling being bombarded with timed quest after timed quest without having time to play the game like I wanted. It felt like a rat race, made me think 'leave me alone, just let me play'
So that's also why I won't update my main game yet. I just want to play at my own pace for a while, fulfilling personal goals, building up my town, etc.

I'm not sure if I like the update. Perhaps it just takes getting used to and that it will grow on my while I play.
I don't like the timer on my sims. It feels like I'm constantly in a hurry and not able to play at my own pace.
But good to hear that people are liking the update and are having fun with it.
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

Amy J wrote:I'm still deciding while I get my head around it all! I do really like the idea of generations and life dreams, but I think the whole thing could have been implemented better. I didn't enjoy having to kill off a sim, marry two others and give them a baby, just as part of the quest. I think they should have had some visitor sims as part of a tutorial so we could learn about all the new features and kill those off before tampering with our own towns. Also I think I wouldn't mind the natural ageing if it happened a lot slower. The preteens seem to age very quickly - it took me months to get mine to the top level at school and I can't see it would be possible to achieve that in their short time. Perhaps if FM could introduce some different ageing times - fast, medium, slow and OFF - it would help players feel more in control and play at a pace that suited them.

Anyway, glad to see some players are enjoying it! :)
I'm sort of ambivalent about this whole thing. ON the one hand it's something new, something different even... dare I say it... a little exciting. I'm okay to let my Sims go... more or less. I can take pictures of them to always remember them so with that I can get around having 'attachment issues' to them, if that makes sense. I do completely understand people not wanting to give up their Sims and yes I think the ageing thing should have been done a little differently so that people had an actual choice rather than 'earning' that choice by getting orbs or paying for it at a high rate with LPs.

But like Amy J, I'm having concerns about all the hobbies, work and schooling where i have Sims that have achieved 100%. I do NOT want to let those go if it's going to mess things up for me by trying to get LP for completing hobbies, I don't want to start from the beginning on them and I don't want to have to pay LP or wait until I get a platimum orb in order to keep them alive forever. And what if, like the ghost hunting and fishing hobbies where they added extra levels, they do this with other hobbies, now we have to start from the beginning to get to level 6 to get whatever 'prize' for it? Will we have enough time before our Sims age up to get there? It seems unlikely and I can't bring myself to pass up the limited edition prizes we get for completing a quest.

Right now I have 2 seniors madly trying to complete the quilting 3 times to get all the furniture. They are both at level 6 and I have 4 left on the FIRST grid to complete. Are they going to be able to do that before the game tells me I have to let them go?

Also even after reading everything on here and Perturbee's blog posts on this I'm still a little confused by how this works (Everyone has offered great advice/instruction, it's just a lot for me to wrap my brain around lol). Granted I have not fully completed the ageing quest yet... still waiting for my baby to be born, so maybe things will become clearer to me tomorrow. I hope so.

Oh and right now I have one more Sim that is currently diving as much as he can for his 'orb' before he has to go, the rest of my Sims are at a standstill (with the exception of the quilters) because I don't want them to age until I have a complete understanding of all this and what is going on with the hobbies. I was also concerned after reading Perturbee's blog that she went to age a toddler or preteen (I think) and it gave her a goal which had to be completed on one of the new lots, completely unfair if you haven't built it up yet and don't actually want to spend the exorbitant amount of LPs that they require!

So I definitely have concerns and I'm not entirely happy with all this yet... but not giving up the game.

P.S. Sorry for the novel here lol
creamyfrosty
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by creamyfrosty »

How about teen hobbies do not always appear like bass items drum beat.?
Microdot
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Microdot »

creamyfrosty wrote:How about teen hobbies do not always appear like bass items drum beat.?
I don't quite understand your question? Are you on the Teen Idol quest, and are you missing something?
Game #1: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Gamecenter
HFN=Starter House, GH=Museum Boulevard
Game #2: Lvl. 55 Desert Oasis Facebook & Google+
HFN=Starter House, GH=Firehouse Road
Contact information in my profile - Mention forum please
theaellie sims
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by theaellie sims »

I don't mind the fact that my Sims may have to die. I've been playing for over a year and am on level 48. I don't spend any real money (except the time I'd had one glass of wine too many and bought the haunted house!) But I was starting to get a bit bored with my Sims and was thinking about deleting some to make way for new ones, now the game kinda does that for me. Also for a free game, it's got to be one of the best, there's no real advertising to speak of and each update, like them or loathe them, has really expanded the game for me. What other free game have I played everyday for 18 months-not one. :D
LaRitournelle
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by LaRitournelle »

I have been trying to give this update a fair shake. I assigned most of my sims with personalities (the rest are just doing nothing so they don't age) and what annoys me the most is the fact that they give the sims life dreams to complete in places that haven't been unlocked. What am I supposed to do with that? For those sims, they are also doing nothing because they make it so hard to get an orb so why would I waste a whole life phase.

My first suggestion is that they ONLY make sims age when they do things towards their life dreams. I have halted all farming, hobbying and working (aside from those that have life dreams that require those activities) because I don't want my SIms to die in vain :( but at the same time they waste their lives doing all this weird stuff.

My second suggestion is that they give two options for the life dream activities. One long and one shorter, they can't expect people to be on their games 24/7. And when you leave the game you can't leave your sims planting because guess what, they're going to age faster than you would like!

I guess my third suggestion is that they ONLY make life dreams for things you have unlocked. It's very unfair to do anything to the contrary.