Divorced but can't move out

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Divorced but can't move out

Post by SKatF »

My daughter had a couple with 2 kids (baby and teen.) The house they were living in was one they'd moved into after marriage. She wanted to have parents divorce and birth dad move out, leaving birth mom with house and kids. She had the mom ask dad for divorce. When she tried to move dad out, it said he had to stay with kids. She could have moved mom out, however. So she restored a backup and tried having dad ask for the divorce. When she tried move again, same result. Any idea why SFP decided the kids were dad's?

BTW, her fix was to have dad make friends with another single sim and move in. Then tried to move him to preferred house but STILL got message couldn't move as needed to care for children (although he wasn't living with them any more.) So she moved both dad and roommate together to preferred home, which the game did not block. Next moved roommate back to her own home. Now everyone is where they should be. And the kids are attached to mom's home as teen returns there after school. But dad has the roommate's last name. (Can change with ultimate makeover, she knows. ) And the moves cost a pretty penny.

For future reference, is there an easier method? Other than killing off and recreating dad, which I suggested, but she preferred not to do so as to keep his profession level.
ErinPW

Re: Divorced but can't move out

Post by ErinPW »

A member of the german forum had a similar issue while the halloween update. There is no mom involved and his teen children moved to good friends, so the dad lives as single. He can't move into another house, except to move in with another sim or moving the teens back to him, so they can move out together.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
TBD-36
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by TBD-36 »

SKatF wrote: But dad has the roommate's last name. (Can change with ultimate makeover, she knows. ) And the moves cost a pretty penny.
I would create a new sim (if you have room) using the preferred last name. Have the new sim ask the dad to get married at the new sim's house. Move them/him back (again) into his preferred new home. Delete the new sim.

(I had someone who lost his name through becoming a roommate but I got it back by adding another character with the preferred last name)
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

TBD-36 wrote:
SKatF wrote: But dad has the roommate's last name. (Can change with ultimate makeover, she knows. ) And the moves cost a pretty penny.
I would create a new sim (if you have room) using the preferred last name. Have the new sim ask the dad to get married at the new sim's house. Move them/him back (again) into his preferred new home. Delete the new sim.

(I had someone who lost his name through becoming a roommate but I got it back by adding another character with the preferred last name)
I use a lot of temporary sims when grinding for orbs, since I don't like getting attached to the ones that will die. I give them numbers instead of names and dress them unattractively and sometimes identically so I won't like them. You're right, they are handy for name changes!
CuteKittySims
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CuteKittySims »

You can have a new sim in town(a temporary one) in a new home for your divorced sim. Have the divorced sim and new sim become Good Friends, then ask to move in! It's that simple!
:D :D
CUTEKITTYSIMS
:D :D