Resetting goals

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
chrped
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Resetting goals

Post by chrped »

I sent my Sims to work this morning, then went to complete a task at a neighbor's house where a Sim was visiting. I gave him a new task (to complete a new goal), went back to my town and all my Sims were back to where they had been when I first started this morning, and my Sim who was at the neighbor's was back to his original task as well. I cannot bring him home. The clock keeps going (so I can no longer send my Sims to work). In addition, the goals I'd already completed (which are clock-dependent also) are back again. Help?

LATER: I was gone from my game for a bit, so it had to "reload" when I came back -- everything I'd done (hobby tokens, various actions, etc.) was back to where it was when I first started this morning. I'm going to just go away for a while and hope that everything gets straightened out. But I'm not very hopeful. I was one of the unlucky folks who had a Sim visiting a neighbor when I updated and I had to reset. Despite the reassurance that if I'd been on the party boat lately, I would be updated to that point, I got kicked back from Level 35 (almost 36) to Level 32, and lost what appears to be several weeks of building and remodeling.

ALSO! I had already constructed the bridge and was on the island and when I came back to the game, I was back to the original goals (SimSprout, etc.). I'm constructing the bridge again, but I should be WELL past that.
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Resetting goals

Post by blackbrit »

chrped wrote:I sent my Sims to work this morning, then went to complete a task at a neighbor's house where a Sim was visiting. I gave him a new task (to complete a new goal), went back to my town and all my Sims were back to where they had been when I first started this morning, and my Sim who was at the neighbor's was back to his original task as well. I cannot bring him home. The clock keeps going (so I can no longer send my Sims to work). In addition, the goals I'd already completed (which are clock-dependent also) are back again. Help?

LATER: I was gone from my game for a bit, so it had to "reload" when I came back -- everything I'd done (hobby tokens, various actions, etc.) was back to where it was when I first started this morning. I'm going to just go away for a while and hope that everything gets straightened out. But I'm not very hopeful. I was one of the unlucky folks who had a Sim visiting a neighbor when I updated and I had to reset. Despite the reassurance that if I'd been on the party boat lately, I would be updated to that point, I got kicked back from Level 35 (almost 36) to Level 32, and lost what appears to be several weeks of building and remodeling.

ALSO! I had already constructed the bridge and was on the island and when I came back to the game, I was back to the original goals (SimSprout, etc.). I'm constructing the bridge again, but I should be WELL past that.
Oh dear. I have had part of your problems, the "resetting" issue you mention. But I am so sorry to hear about the reset to level 32. So frustrating! What platform do you play on?
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP