Halloween Haunt Event

This section is for The Sims Mobile Events
mockingbird288z

Halloween Haunt Event

Post by mockingbird288z »

A walkthrough of the event was posted on YouTube. It's like the ASOS event where we have to collect things (this time candy corn) to fill a bar that unlocks items and then we can use the candy corn to buy pieces of clothing/makeup or furniture items. There's also a loot box portion like with the other events but there's only a handful of different Halloween decoration items in it.

The items from the Countdown to Halloween event will lower the times for the Halloween Haunt specific events. And one of the first items unlocked in the prize bar is a bowl of candy that will collect candy corn for you (up to 125).

1. Earn 31 simoleons (this quest was already done in the video so I don't know what it really was)
2. Complete "Search for treats" at a fridge
3. Complete "visualize your costume" at a mirror or vanity
4. Say "trick or treat" to 5 sims
5. Complete an event (any event)
6. Change your appearance
7. Complete the "Home for Halloween" event - 6 hour event (3 hours 42 minutes if you have all three items from the Countdown event), 6 hour reset time
8. Open a Creepy Coffin (loot box)
9. Give stickers to 5 sims
10. Complete the "Costume Construction" event
11. Earn 3 stars at a party
12. Earn 650 simoleons
13. Complete any 5 events
14. Complete the "Halloween Haunt" event in downtown - 12 hours (7 hours 26 minutes if you have all the head start items), 14 hour reset time
15. Complete all LlamaZoom tasks
16. Complete the "Home for Halloween" event - 6 hours (3 hours 42 minutes if you have all the head start items), 6 hour reset time
17. Collect 600 candy corn (previously collected candy corn doesn't count)
18. Complete all LlamaZoom tasks
19. Complete the "Costume Construction" event - 6 hours (3 hours 42 minutes if you have all the head start items), 6 hour reset time
20. Complete a
ll LlamaZoom tasks
21. Collect 1,200 candy corn (previously collected candy corn doesn't count)
22. Complete the "Halloween Haunt" event in downtown - 12 hours ( 7 hours 26 minutes if you have all the head start items), 14 hour reset time
23. Complete all LlamaZoom tasks
24. Collect 1,200 candy corn (previously collected candy corn doesn't count)

The times in the video may be different once the event actually goes live.

HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Halloween Haunt Event

Post by SKatF »

Started in my game
#1 was just earn 31 simoleans for me.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

#7 was about 3 hours 45 minutes for me. I have all 3 decorations from prequel-event
mockingbird288z

The head start items help out a lot more than I thought they would. 3 hours 42 minutes for the 6 hour events and 7 hours 26 minutes for the 12 hour events is pretty nice. Course we will need over 24,000 candy corn to get all the items and that's not including all those jack'o'lanterns and tombstones from the creepy coffin.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

There is a Halloween pack for sale for real life money.
Screenshot_2018-10-23-19-55-49-1.png
I bought it. The "costume" is a unicorn head only, found in the hat section of wardrobe, with several color options. It joins a little weirdly but the good part is you can wear it with almost any clothing.
20181024_021259.jpg
The caldron is like the candy bowl, it gives candy corn (during the event) but at a higher rate of 400 per 11 hours. If you think you'll buy the bundle, doing it early in event would get you the most value in candy corn earned.
20181024_021239.jpg
Also NOTE the cauldron and bowl can be cashed in/emptied before completely full. They appear to just restart their 11 hour count and generation of candy right away, so no penalty or cool down time before reset for doing this. I plan to empty both whenever I know I won't be playing for some time as when it fills at 11 hours, it just sits there and you lose out on accumulation.
mockingbird288z

I bought that bundle yesterday, too. It's come in handy for the collect xxx candy corn tasks for the quest.

I'm on part 22 of the quest. Just waiting for the Halloween Haunt event to refresh. I'm still not sure I'll be able to get all of the items but I have the ones I want the most in mind and I'll work on getting those first, then getting the rest of the clothing pieces, and then the furniture and decor pieces. I do like how the set up in the Downtown area shows all the items we can get from the event. It helped me confirm that I would be 100% okay with not getting any of the furniture pieces. :lol:
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

Am I the only one who hasn't been offered that bundle? Kinda like the gold bathroom - I was offered only the bathtub and toilet, but everyone else I see who has those also has the sink. I'm starting to think Maxis doesn't like me...
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
mockingbird288z

simmare wrote: 26 Oct 2018, 02:13 Am I the only one who hasn't been offered that bundle? Kinda like the gold bathroom - I was offered only the bathtub and toilet, but everyone else I see who has those also has the sink. I'm starting to think Maxis doesn't like me...
Hmm...maybe you should contact EA. Did you get the Day of the Dead Pack today? It's also $9.99 but has 600 simcash, two outfits, two facepaints, and some furniture and decor items.

While I (probably) won't be purchasing it, it does look like a pretty good deal. The 600 simcash pack in the store is $9.99 alone so for this pack you're getting the 600 simcash and then a bunch of other stuff.
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

Nope, no Day of the Dead pack either. I'm starting to get a complex here!
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side

simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

Finally got the bundle with the cauldron! Glad to get it since it seems to be harder to earn candy corn than any other event "currency" - not every action gives it to you.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side