Buying and selling premade houses for profit

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
eilidhchambe
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Buying and selling premade houses for profit

Post by eilidhchambe »

So I’m new to the forums and not sure if it’s been talked about before.

I recently completed the Christmas quest and got the snow chalet, so I bought several and really like designing my own houses so I just moved the stuff that would cost like 50 LPs ie the beds into houses I designed.

I bought a snow chalet for about 150,000. I moved all the stuff out. Then sold all the rooms for somewhere around 400,000 so it’s essentially free items and money. I didn’t know how to sell the decking etc so after that I just demolished the chalets!
hanae
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Buying and selling premade houses for profit

Post by hanae »

I did the same thing :D You get 445.600 simoleons + items. You can just delete rooms, no need to remove the items first. They will go to your inventory automatically.
parakiss
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by parakiss »

Pardon my ignorant question but how to delete room? I usually store or sell my items and demolish the house.
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/yukaricovetta (please indicate you're sfp player before adding)
HFN aka SP house : Starter House @ 22 West Side

Poolside Paradise Update
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

parakiss wrote: 09 Feb 2018, 05:20 Pardon my ignorant question but how to delete room? I usually store or sell my items and demolish the house.
Go into buildmode „rooms“, then tap into the room.

Tap the red button to delete the room or the blue button to keep the room.
BE7D56B1-FB99-42C9-A3F1-153FE5941C4D.jpeg

After tapping the red button you‘ll see another popup. You can still keep the room.
5C59576C-AA38-432B-9CC6-DADDF8277B90.jpeg
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
parakiss
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by parakiss »

ErinPW wrote: 09 Feb 2018, 07:17
parakiss wrote: 09 Feb 2018, 05:20 Pardon my ignorant question but how to delete room? I usually store or sell my items and demolish the house.
Go into buildmode „rooms“, then tap into the room.

Tap the red button to delete the room or the blue button to keep the room.
BE7D56B1-FB99-42C9-A3F1-153FE5941C4D.jpeg

After tapping the red button you‘ll see another popup. You can still keep the room.
5C59576C-AA38-432B-9CC6-DADDF8277B90.jpeg
Got it. Thanks for your help :)
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/yukaricovetta (please indicate you're sfp player before adding)
HFN aka SP house : Starter House @ 22 West Side

Poolside Paradise Update
raynebair
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by raynebair »

I'm new and had a question. I completed the Snow Problem quest and unlocked the Snow Chalet. It's currently about 136,000 to buy. Will I really make a profit if I build it then sell everything off? I don't want end up with a loss.
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

raynebair wrote: 04 Jun 2019, 19:55 I'm new and had a question. I completed the Snow Problem quest and unlocked the Snow Chalet. It's currently about 136,000 to buy. Will I really make a profit if I build it then sell everything off? I don't want end up with a loss.
The selling of houses really only works very early in the game. You basically just have 1 house and build and sell the second one over and over. It helps to build up some simoleons and 3 star items (from Japanese Retreat and Neo Tokyo houses). Once you have a few houses you actually lose money when you sell them.
zombiearmadillo
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by zombiearmadillo »

raynebair wrote: 04 Jun 2019, 19:55 I'm new and had a question. I completed the Snow Problem quest and unlocked the Snow Chalet. It's currently about 136,000 to buy. Will I really make a profit if I build it then sell everything off? I don't want end up with a loss.
I'm also new. (Hi. *waves*) I tried this, and unless it's a glitch, I think they may have messed with the sell prices to prevent people from making money this way. Some of the rooms in the chalet, including the very large ones with the chandelier and the fireplace, give you a grand total of zero simoleons when you sell them. :roll: For me, the house costs 127 000 something to build, and if I sell off every single furniture item, doors and windows, and the rooms, I still make a narrow profit of *checks notepad* 17 605 sm each time. So nothing like the huge profits advertised in the thread... sigh. I wish they could have left this alone -- it is hard enough for a new player try to catch up on years of missed content as it is.

I suppose it can still be worth doing a few times to get some of the unique furniture items, windows etc into my inventory, but it's not a great source of cash for the amount of time it takes.
raynebair
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by raynebair »

Thanks for the info. I decided not to risk it. It is frustrating. I keep watching videos of all these folks who have tons of money and awesome houses and mine are all crap. Ha! Just gotta have patience.