[Tips] For new SFP players

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
ErinPW

Re: [Tips] For new SFP players

Post by ErinPW »

cindy wrote: OK I can see it and tapped the delete - message comes up that says "Owen Jones is required for the tutorial. Complete more tasks before removing this sim" Arghhhh LOL
Hmpf :roll:
Hope, you'll get help from Firemonkeys, soon!
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Magnusmira
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Magnusmira »

These post are quite old but I thought I would pop in my two cents as I have started playing just a week ago and love this game. I started on the psone sims game and play most recent sims midevil. I have restarted a few times to get the right start. I believe you can not add a sim to another sims house now till after complete the transaction ask in the marriage quest line to invite a sims to live with you. If you want to do the trick in this guide you will need to stay with 2 sims till you reach level 7 and complete the quest before that one. Feel free to correct me. I believe this is their way to prevent building up before the timed quest. I suggest questing and growing carrots till you hit 7. Following the quest should hit you about 6 level. Hope this clears somethings up. I would suggest a note on the op post noting this fact for players who just started.
Skmaster619
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Skmaster619 »

Hey wasap ppl
I wanted to know if i can have a relationship with my neighbors??
By the way do any one know if sims4 or sims3 have the same multiplayer options ??
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

Skmaster619 wrote:Hey wasap ppl
I wanted to know if i can have a relationship with my neighbors??
By the way do any one know if sims4 or sims3 have the same multiplayer options ??
Yes, your Sims can have relationships with neighbours' Sims. Just visit and use the same interactions as you would in your own town.

Sims 3 & 4 do not have town/house/neighbours visiting options, Sims 4 can only share through the Gallery (which allows you to import and play with other people's houses/families).
minisaga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by minisaga »

I meant to post in this thread when I started a new game with DIY Update, but I forgot until just now when I read a new post asking the question, "Should I buy the sim money?"

The following might be a bit late for that player, but is ideal for someone just starting or thinking of restarting the game. It's a way to net a lot of simoleons for free in the early stages without spending real money or cheating.

It takes advantage of the facts that (in the more recent versions of the game) when there is only one developed plot/one house in your town it

A. only takes 5mins to build/develop the 2nd
B. for some houses nets you way more simoleons to sell all the rooms (and place the contents in your inventory) than it cost you to build.

So...

1. Do the tutorial, but don't become attached to your second sim because you're going to have to boot them out of town.

2. Once you've finished the tutorial start your first sim on the cookery quest in your first house and then delete/move 2nd sim out of town.

3. Sell all the rooms of the 2nd house. And if you want them, place outdoor items into your inventory. Demolish the plot.

4. Rebuild the plot. Depending on how many simoleons you currently have and what contents you most want choose either the Unfurnished Studio (free), the Townhouse, One Bed Home, Japanese Retreat or Neo Tokyo*.

5. When the house is finished (5mins!) repeat step 3 and 4 until you have all the simoleons you need/want or (you can't spare any more time).

I think it's best to do this before the first time you plant a Simoleon Sprout because the time limited quests start coming thick and fast right after that. (And you need more permanent sims.)

*these are the only houses that you can "sell" for more than you paid.
**Sprout Quest starts once you've finished cookery hobby quest.

[I can't see it on this thread, but apologies if I'm repeating a tip mentioned elsewhere!]
HFN is by the fire station.
minisaga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by minisaga »

minisaga wrote:I meant to post in this thread when I started a new game with DIY Update, but I forgot until just now when I read a new post asking the question, "Should I buy the sim money?"

The following might be a bit late for that player, but is ideal for someone just starting or thinking of restarting the game. It's a way to net a lot of simoleons for free in the early stages without spending real money or cheating.

It takes advantage of the facts that (in the more recent versions of the game) when there is only one developed plot/one house in your town it

B. for some houses nets you way more simoleons to sell all the rooms (and place the contents in your inventory) than it cost you to build.

So...

1. Do the tutorial, but don't become attached to your second sim because you're going to have to boot them out of town.

2. Once you've finished the tutorial start your first sim on the cookery quest in your first house and then delete/move 2nd sim out of town.

3. Sell all the rooms of the 2nd house. And if you want them, place outdoor items into your inventory. Demolish the plot.

4. Rebuild the plot. Depending on how many simoleons you currently have and what contents you most want choose either the Unfurnished Studio (free), the Townhouse, One Bed Home, Japanese Retreat or Neo Tokyo*.

5. When the house is finished (5mins!) repeat step 3 and 4 until you have all the simoleons you need/want or (you can't spare any more time).

I think it's best to do this before the first time you plant a Simoleon Sprout because the time limited quests start coming thick and fast right after that. (And you need more permanent sims.)

*these are the only houses that you can "sell" for more than you paid.
**Sprout Quest starts once you've finished cookery hobby quest.

[I can't see it on this thread, but apologies if I'm repeating a tip mentioned elsewhere!]
PS you get a car with the One Bed Home; if you want to keep it, relocate it to first sim. If you leave it on the plot when you demolish you will lose it.
minisaga
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by minisaga »

minisaga wrote:It takes advantage of the facts that (in the more recent versions of the game) when there is only one developed plot/one house in your town it

Unfurnished Studio, free. Sell Rooms For: 305
Furnished Townhouse, 1000. SRF: 3756
One Bedroom Home, 3000. SRF: 12305
Japanese Retreat, 9000. SRF: 33295
Neo Tokyo, 12000. SRF: 33545

Total from room sales [83,206] minus initial cost to build: 70,206
AutumnIris
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by AutumnIris »

Surprised no one mentioned this, but you can get quite a bit of xp fast by visiting neighbors.

I went to a town with a high level fire statue (a fully built one) and then did short actions like changing clothes with a wardrobe. When the bonus hits, you get a lot of xp for low levels (around 225 xp). I leveled from 7 to 14 by doing this for a while.

Also noteworthy, EA no longer gives you life points to build the fire station and such. Instead there is a 0 listed by the life point requirement to skip for these types actions. This is so players cannot save life points from the tutorial.

A player will no longer be able to move sims into until after the marriage quest is complete and is unable to use romantic actions until this quest starts.
GC: Lost in Literature

SP house: on Island boat with SP on roof.
Liz56
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Liz56 »

It seems like all these tips are outdated. Is there a new thread?
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

Liz56 wrote:It seems like all these tips are outdated. Is there a new thread?
I think there needs to be a new thread, too, perhaps Tips for new SFP players: 2016 and beyond? However, minisaga's excellent tip about selling off the second home over and over to build up simoleons is brilliant and was useful when I started a new game in late December 2015. Not only did I build up substantial simoleons, I had quite a few three-star items and expensive garden items that would not normally be available at the beginning of the game. I used 10 of my Japanese stoves to later create my cooking hobby kitchen to help grind out LPs. The 3-star phones, fridges, etc. have helped quickly inspire my sims. I agree that one needs to build the one bedroom home just once, and transfer the red car to the first home before demolishing.

I'm about two months into this new game. I've used many of the wonderful tips and hints found in this forum to create a rich gaming experience. I've resisted starting many of the discovery quests in order to finish the regular quests up through life dreams and legacies. I'm currently on the bird feeding one, so I'm getting close. The only discovery quests I have completed are the patio, balcony and basement ones, as well as building the mall to take advantage of the upcoming sleepwear event. I have been able to complete all events that began since I started, so I missed the xmas ice palace, but got the time capsule hairstyles, other long hairstyles, romantic island, home makeover, and urban furniture.

The game is private to me now, but I'm considering making it available on Game Center as soon as I finish all the quests. What I like most about this particular game is that I have not spent one penny of real money on it. Yes, it has zero VIP points!
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.