[Tips] For new SFP players

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: [Tips] For new SFP players

Post by mommacude »

Lishws720 wrote:The Dove bathroom items were available for free for a limited time. They're still available, but they cost you simoleons now. It's the same as the Febreeze and Progressive items, but now some of those cost LP.
Ok. Thanks. I didn't see then even for simolians. Maybe at a higher level.
GC: mommacude
Checking things out after a long time away.
lissabmont
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by lissabmont »

katgames wrote:
Lishws720 wrote:
bloodcool wrote: to receive 250k simoleons from daily reward, you would have to been playing before year 2013... for players that started from year 2013 onwards, 50m TV will only provide 7k++ simoleons daily.
Wow, that bites! I guess I won't be restarting my game anytime soon. They sure try to make it so you almost have to buy simoleons etc. from the store...
This really does "bite". It's also important for new players who maybe visit rich places with fancy houses know this. Some of those players get millions of § every day as daily reward. It's just important for new players, or players that started in 2013 or later, to realize, they are basically playing an entirely different game. Not to discourage but it's going to take a lot longer. I hate to see anyone get discouraged. It's just important to understand that it's like comparing oranges and palm trees.
Wow, thanks for the info! I started this month (Jan 2014) and feel like a slumlord compared to all the fancy towns I've visited! I question even buying lights because everything is so difficult to obtain. I'll just relax and take it as it comes :)
syeirahu
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by syeirahu »

lissabmont wrote: Wow, thanks for the info! I started this month (Jan 2014) and feel like a slumlord compared to all the fancy towns I've visited! I question even buying lights because everything is so difficult to obtain. I'll just relax and take it as it comes :)
Ha! I started playing in January as well, and the simoleons were definitely tight (couldn't resist switching out those hideous kitchen countertops :P ). At level 15 now, with 11 sims, taking my sweet time with the toddler quest ...

I was forced to let the time limit lapse because I'd begun building the swimming centre (30,000) JUST before getting the "build pet store" directive. MISTAKE. After it finished building, construction cost for the pet store jumped from 30,000 to 100,000! There was no way I could raise more than 50,000 simoleons in time. So bummed :evil:

Well, now I know to amass a sizeable nest egg before moving on to the next timed quest. Evidently I should've poked around the forums sooner.
GC: syeirahu (updated)
HFN: No.3 West Oceanside
HH: No.2 Diver's Way
Cat house: No.3 Firehouse Road
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

syeirahu wrote: Ha! I started playing in January as well, and the simoleons were definitely tight (couldn't resist switching out those hideous kitchen countertops :P ). At level 15 now, with 11 sims, taking my sweet time with the toddler quest ...

I was forced to let the time limit lapse because I'd begun building the swimming centre (30,000) JUST before getting the "build pet store" directive. MISTAKE. After it finished building, construction cost for the pet store jumped from 30,000 to 100,000! There was no way I could raise more than 50,000 simoleons in time. So bummed :evil:

Well, now I know to amass a sizeable nest egg before moving on to the next timed quest. Evidently I should've poked around the forums sooner.
How do you delay starting the next quest? I just started in January myself. I'm on level 11
syeirahu
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by syeirahu »

mommacude wrote: How do you delay starting the next quest? I just started in January myself. I'm on level 11
I'm just not completing the tasks, that's all. Or completing them at a snail's pace. I held off on "get serious advice from the park statue" until today. (Which reminds me, I couldn't do the mutant fish quest either because at the time I didn't have a park!)

I'll add you on gamecenter :) I have no neighbours (and thus am stuck at 5 SP) haha.
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

syeirahu wrote:
I'm just not completing the tasks, that's all. Or completing them at a snail's pace. I held off on "get serious advice from the park statue" until today. (Which reminds me, I couldn't do the mutant fish quest either because at the time I didn't have a park!)

I'll add you on gamecenter :) I have no neighbours (and thus am stuck at 5 SP) haha.
Awesome. I need neighbors also I have quite a few but I can always use more. I'm building a bridge right now I'm hoping that the toddler quest is next
syeirahu
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by syeirahu »

mommacude wrote: Awesome. I need neighbors also I have quite a few but I can always use more. I'm building a bridge right now I'm hoping that the toddler quest is next
Now I'm stuck at 6 SP because the next social goal that came up requires a preteen, and I only have a baby still. This game hates me! :|
GC: syeirahu (updated)
HFN: No.3 West Oceanside
HH: No.2 Diver's Way
Cat house: No.3 Firehouse Road
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

syeirahu wrote:
mommacude wrote: Awesome. I need neighbors also I have quite a few but I can always use more. I'm building a bridge right now I'm hoping that the toddler quest is next
Now I'm stuck at 6 SP because the next social goal that came up requires a preteen, and I only have a baby still. This game hates me! :|
I hear you. I foolishly spent $15 on LP and Simoleans to get past something, and now my next task makes me wait 40 hours. Sometimes I don't know what to do with myself when I have to wait. Next up is send 5 sims to work. I had to get some to quit and then start new jobs. I paid to complete the competition center so that I could build the pet store, but I need a pre-teen to use the center. I could have just built it later.
TexasMeg
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by TexasMeg »

Just to echo some things said here, I've been playing since mid-2012. Those of us playing in the fall of that year were given a huge boost when the ghost hunting was introduced, and then I guess at some time in early 2013 the way the daily reward was calculated changed, and those of us already in-game were grandfathered with the old method. And this is definitely nice in terms of building a simoleons balance to do renovations and other projects. However,if you look at the Homestore, you'll notice that a lot of the "good stuff" requires LP or SP, which I don't think is a coincidence! Although I (unfortunately) don't know another way to rake in 100-200 K-plus per day, I will say that building the monuments does start to give you payouts while having e.g. a community " gardening party" (and XP as well); I've also noticed that a good half-hour at a sizable deer farm can net 20-25K as well as 7-10 or more LP (7 is the least I've gotten, usually I get 10 or 11). There are so many good ideas on these forums, soon you will figure out how to achieve the game's goals and your own ( which will develop as you progress)! To make the most of your simoleons and LP and SP, really familiarize yourself with things in the Homestore and what they cost, and see if you can't start imagining a backstory and plan for your town. That will especially help to decide which houses you build and where you put them. Think at least once before you spend anything.

Most of all, relax and enjoy it! :)
GC : -TexasMeg-
HFN: 22 West Side (starter house)
HH: 10 West Side
Level 38 TV: $30,000,000
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

TexasMeg wrote:Just to echo some things said here, I've been playing since mid-2012. Those of us playing in the fall of that year were given a huge boost when the ghost hunting was introduced, and then I guess at some time in early 2013 the way the daily reward was calculated changed, and those of us already in-game were grandfathered with the old method. And this is definitely nice in terms of building a simoleons balance to do renovations and other projects. However,if you look at the Homestore, you'll notice that a lot of the "good stuff" requires LP or SP, which I don't think is a coincidence! Although I (unfortunately) don't know another way to rake in 100-200 K-plus per day, I will say that building the monuments does start to give you payouts while having e.g. a community " gardening party" (and XP as well); I've also noticed that a good half-hour at a sizable deer farm can net 20-25K as well as 7-10 or more LP (7 is the least I've gotten, usually I get 10 or 11). There are so many good ideas on these forums, soon you will figure out how to achieve the game's goals and your own ( which will develop as you progress)! To make the most of your simoleons and LP and SP, really familiarize yourself with things in the Homestore and what they cost, and see if you can't start imagining a backstory and plan for your town. That will especially help to decide which houses you build and where you put them. Think at least once before you spend anything.

Most of all, relax and enjoy it! :)
Thank you! I definitely noticed I can rake in LP and simoleans at reindeer farms. That helps so much. As for the monuments, I'm stuck waiting for gold to appear. (Are this the monuments you mean)

I haven't worked up much of a story yet. I am using Sims with names of my fruends for now. And you're right I do need to relax. Sometimes I get overly obsessed with it. LOL