(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: Cooking hobby

Post by mommacude »

Pizza or Chinese?
GC: mommacude
Checking things out after a long time away.
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

Anyone else having a problem with not getting all your found item screen pop-ups? When I have 3 or more cooks one or more of them stop as soon as I pop their bubble and I get nothing. At most I get a pop-up screen for 2/3rds of them. And when I have 10 sims cooking, I only get 4! I've tested it out on both my iphone and my ipad. It doesn't matter if I have food already cooked or not, nor if I pop the bubbles altogether or one-by-one. I never get all the pop-ups screens. It also means that I don't get the food they made or the XP they earned.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

Debbilu_7 wrote:If I have someone "clean up" when no sink is available, they take the dishes to the trash but then their hygiene drops.
I get this too, but it's only one person out of ten, and only if I don't tap the plates fast enough. So I send that person to the bathroom sink to clean up while I'm getting everyone else cooking again. It still doesn't take any more time, because that one person is usually done cleaning up by the time I need him/her to start cooking again. The "garbage can" person is usually the last one to go back to the stove for another round of cooking.
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

SIMazing wrote:Anyone else having a problem with not getting all your found item screen pop-ups? When I have 3 or more cooks one or more of them stop as soon as I pop their bubble and I get nothing. At most I get a pop-up screen for 2/3rds of them. And when I have 10 sims cooking, I only get 4! I've tested it out on both my iphone and my ipad. It doesn't matter if I have food already cooked or not, nor if I pop the bubbles altogether or one-by-one. I never get all the pop-ups screens. It also means that I don't get the food they made or the XP they earned.
I figured it out.
When I had the stoves all lined up in rows, with only one tile of space for the cooks to walk in, they seemed to get stuck waiting for the other sims to move out of the way. This time I popped the bubbles one-by-one, but waited for the sims to leave the kitchen before moving on to the next sim and got all 10 reward screens. So I rearranged the stoves in both my kitchens to see if that helped and it did. :)
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

I usually just cancel the clean up action as soon as the plates are picked up (0 xp to lose anyway) and then start them cooking again before I move on to popping the next bubble. The plates disappear.
Updated town info in profile
deyrsims
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by deyrsims »

Hi, can anyone, who has already have the Candelit Fork Restaurant open, tell me whether you can redecorate the restaurant? I would looove to have a proper 'LP kitchen', in a real sims restaurant rather than the one I've made up from one of the houses. In another words, can you have many stoves in the restaurant and have several sims work on the cooking hobby?
Thanks!
20141107_084642.jpg
20141106_201735.jpg
JKCher
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by JKCher »

deyrsims wrote:Hi, can anyone, who has already have the Candelit Fork Restaurant open, tell me whether you can redecorate the restaurant? I would looove to have a proper 'LP kitchen', in a real sims restaurant rather than the one I've made up from one of the houses. In another words, can you have many stoves in the restaurant and have several sims work on the cooking hobby?
Thanks!
20141107_084642.jpg
20141106_201735.jpg
No unfortunately you can not redecorate the restaurant in any way, so you're better off just making your own proper kitchen.
deyrsims
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by deyrsims »

JKCher wrote: No unfortunately you can not redecorate the restaurant in any way, so you're better off just making your own proper kitchen.
Got it. Thanks!
lemontwist
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by lemontwist »

I wish you could hire a maid like in the Sims computer games to clean up all the plates. I just let them overflow all over the floors and even outdoors! At some point I'll have all of my sims go and clean up.
Sereya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Sereya »

20141108_145922.jpg
SIMazing wrote:Anyone else having a problem with not getting all your found item screen pop-ups? When I have 3 or more cooks one or more of them stop as soon as I pop their bubble and I get nothing. At most I get a pop-up screen for 2/3rds of them. And when I have 10 sims cooking, I only get 4! I've tested it out on both my iphone and my ipad. It doesn't matter if I have food already cooked or not, nor if I pop the bubbles altogether or one-by-one. I never get all the pop-ups screens. It also means that I don't get the food they made or the XP they earned.
Like someone mentioned earlier you have to have enough space around your people or it seems to error when they can't set the plate down. I played around until I came up with this layout for the one minute option and it works well... No more lost food bubbles!
Attachments
20141109_160610.jpg
20141109_160550.jpg
The Mall!
https://www.facebook.com/sereya.dawn.9
HFN - Starter House/Westside 22
Pet Farm - Westside 20

Seniors Update!
facebook.com/SietaSims
HFN - Starter House/Westside 22 (work in progress)
Pet Farm - Westside 21