Cooking hobby

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Cooking hobby

Post by mommacude »

I've been trying since this came out to complete the hobby but can't get the bronze measuring spoons. I've mostky used my expert teen but I've tried others. I've done it at the restaurant and at home many many many times. What's the trick? I usually do the one or two hour dishes.
GC: mommacude
Checking things out after a long time away.
Sereya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Cooking hobby

Post by Sereya »

I just did the one minute option and went through the grid a few times that way.
The Mall!
https://www.facebook.com/sereya.dawn.9
HFN - Starter House/Westside 22
Pet Farm - Westside 20

Seniors Update!
facebook.com/SietaSims
HFN - Starter House/Westside 22 (work in progress)
Pet Farm - Westside 21
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

I have made some mini kitchens on the same lot and have a few sims at a time cycling through the 1 minute option....turning out to be a pretty efficient way of generating LPs. :D
Updated town info in profile
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

In one of my games, I have 20 sims (10 per lot) on two lots, grinding out the cheese and tomato on toast! Once I get through with one group and get them to clean up then cook again, it's time to go to the second lot and collect, clean up and cook. Back and forth, back an forth, it generates a lot of LP, XP, and simoleons in a short amount of time. I even restart their hobbies once they reach 100%, because they rank up so quickly, and they each get 1 LP once they reach rank 6. Once I get tired of playing, I get them to plant something to keep them inspired until I'm ready to play again.

To respond to the original post, I find that the more sims you have working on completing the cooking grid, the faster it gets completed.
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

Thanks y'all. I'll try that! My main "paused" family is working on this. I think I'll buy another stove so Dad can do it along with Mom and daughter.
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

I even restart their hobbies once they reach 100%, because they rank up so quickly, and they each get 1 LP once they reach rank 6.
I alternate them back and forth between cooking and diving--get them up to the top level then switch and repeat...
Updated town info in profile
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

I'm only doing the cooking. I have my other 24 sims trying to build the pet park but it sure seems slow. It almost ruins playing for me just doing the same pet stuff over and over. At least with the other orbs I coukd do jobs for some and play with them after work :(
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

OK so I bought a new stove set them all to 1 and 5 minute meals and got the bronze measuring spoons. Now I have the cutting boards. :) ironically I reset them and the other two got bronze and silver.

Thanks!
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

Lishws720 wrote:In one of my games, I have 20 sims (10 per lot) on two lots, grinding out the cheese and tomato on toast! Once I get through with one group and get them to clean up then cook again, it's time to go to the second lot and collect, clean up and cook. Back and forth, back an forth, it generates a lot of LP, XP, and simoleons in a short amount of time. I even restart their hobbies once they reach 100%, because they rank up so quickly, and they each get 1 LP once they reach rank 6. Once I get tired of playing, I get them to plant something to keep them inspired until I'm ready to play again.

To respond to the original post, I find that the more sims you have working on completing the cooking grid, the faster it gets completed.
Clean up? :lol:
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
ellasweet
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by ellasweet »

I've got a cooking house set up with nine stoves. With nine sims cooking, I've got over 200LP in a single day! There's also a fashion design thingy in the house, so once they hit level 6 they design clothes and then go straight back to cooking. My record for completing a set is just under ten minutes :shock: