[EVENT] Ice Sculpture Special Event

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Tara2388
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: [EVENT] Ice Sculpture Special Event

Post by Tara2388 »

CarrieMae wrote:I really do hope that this won't start until the 20th. If it starts tomorrow (19th), I'll have to pull Sims off of their LP grinding duty to start the new one. But, I'd rather have some of the Sims currently doing aerobics (as I will NOT be keeping 15 Sims doing aerobics, or even 1 really, since the hobby times are so long) do the ice sculpting.

I read some good advice in the Aerobics Hobby thread to ensure that I got all the outfits. But, I was already behind and so had to spend a LOT of my stored up LP to get one Sim to Level 6 and catch up on days. I'm down to 2 outfits left, with one of them only needing one more collectible to unlock. Overall, this hobby was a bit ridiculous, since in order get everything, you have to spend not only LP, but quite a bit of Simoleons and SP to purchase all 14 of the aerobics mats. You certainly couldn't complete the event without having the maximum Sims doing it - well, you could but it would cost an awful lot more LP. Didn't wanna use a time extension token since I new the ice sculpting was coming around the 20th and didn't want to have them both going at the same time.

Back to ice sculpting - I'm looking forward to it as I don't have any of the ice furniture. If this is the only way they're giving it to us, then I'm happy to do it. Hopefully, it'll be a fun hobby and not as ridiculous as the aerobics one.
Yeah, I agree with you. I hope that it'll be a break from all of the 24-hour labor that my sims have been doing with the Aerobics Hobby. :lol:
BabyKiwi03
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by BabyKiwi03 »

The sculpting contest seems cool. Is it a hobby? (I don't know too much about sims :? )
EricaSFP
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by EricaSFP »

It will be a hobby.
EricaSFP
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by EricaSFP »

I currently have 6 Adult Sims in my game who can change from their previous hobbies or start a new hobby. Will this be enough to get 2 packs? I only need the bedroom furniture and the ice decoration pack. I have the other stuff.
CarrieMae
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by CarrieMae »

Yay - it doesn't start until tomorrow! I have only 2 collectibles left to unlock the final outfit. Hopefully, 3 more rounds of 15 will be enough to get them so I don't have to spend any more LP. Gotta save as much as possible for the Ice Sculpting hobby as I need ALL the stuff!
ellasweet
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by ellasweet »

garishplum
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by garishplum »

ellasweet wrote: 20 Jan 2017, 07:08 Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Level 55!
GC: garishplum
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Only adults can do it
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Pedestal can only be placed indoors. And if ever there was a hobby that should be done outside ....
ellasweet
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by ellasweet »

I am leveling up much quicker in this hobby than in the aerobics one. I have one sim up to level 5 (used a fair bit of LP on 8 hr option) and I think he just got 7% towards level 6 from doing the 5h 45m option. I should have been paying more attention but I was in a hurry :lol: