Care Bears Update / Thanksgiving - Infos, Changes, Bugs

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
ErinPW

Care Bears Update / Thanksgiving - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by ErinPW »

Post any changes you find in the update!

3. November
Thanksgiving Update is live. Here‘s a link to the official article: ea.com - Thanksgiving Update

Thanksgiving Update, No. 5.56.1
Thanksgiving Update, No. 5.56.1

Part 2 of the Care Bears Update will be available soon.
Source: Game Changer salixcat.com

Here are the playable event dates for the „Thanksgiving“ Update (all dates in AEST):
New SimChase Season 21: Thanksgiving Throwdown 17th Nov.
New Maternity Pack 16 - Entry 16th Nov. - 20th Nov.

Re Runs:
Live Event Brilliant Backyard - 9 days 5th-17th Nov
SimChase 11: Outdoor Engagement - 7 days - 5th-14th Nov
Quest „Missing Clause“ - 13 days - 11th Nov.
Urban Chic Fashion Hobby Event - 6 days 20th-29th Nov

/Edit

The update is supposed to go live on 5th/6th October

Here are the playable event dates for this update (all dates in AEST):

NEWDowntown Developer 3: 30-day event starting Tuesday 6th October, permanently!
NEWShare Your Care Live Event: 10-day event starting Tuesday 6th October
NEW Influence Island Season 2: 10-day event starting from Friday 16th October
NEW SimChase S20: Scare Bears! 9-day event starting from Tuesday 20th October
NEW Maternity Pack 15 - Start a Pregnancy Event between 29th October – 3rd November, and successfully complete all your tasks to win maternity rewards!

Reruns
’Ghost Flustered’ Seasonal Quest Player Favorite Rerun: 10-day event starting from Monday 12th October
‘Daring Do's’ Hair Hobby Event Rerun: 7-day event starting from Thursday 29th October

Source: ea.com, Care Bears Update
Update No. 5.56.-

Changes
In the game there are shown two Maternity Packs (instead of one as usual in one update)
Sims now also sit down on couches to read books and magazines. (They only used chairs for long time.)
Teens and seniors can now use the Basketball Courts.
The Study Desks got new options: „Type Notes“ and „Get Square Eyes“. They do not count for school!
These options are also available for teens and seniors.
The Clematis from the planters tab is now white instead of purple.
Shoeless in CAS tab for shoes.
Now we can place items on top of the Nursery tables.

Bugs:
Fixed with Update 5.56.1 Downtown Developer 3 can‘t be started in many games.
Fixed for future events with Update 5.56.1 SimChase issue/not all required Sims can do a certain task at the same time.

Home Store tabs messed up. It helps to force close and open the game again to get the usual order back.
Still missing doors from Wedding lot and and Wizzard‘s lot.

Hobby „Make Up Artist“ has been fixed.
Last edited by ErinPW on 05 Nov 2020, 20:06, edited 10 times in total.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Re: Care Bears Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by bloodredroses01 »

OH COME ON, SFP! Another batch of quests/updates already! I just finished the last one at roughly 2AM this morning! :shock: :o :evil: :twisted:

They really need to spread these out more.
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Does anyone know if it goes live at a certain time in each time zone? Or a certain time worldwide so you can calculate your own time zone?

I find it difficult when events start as soon as you open your game. I might not find that a convenient time for my schedule to be actively playing. For example, if I'm going to be tied up all day, I won't open game until next day (or two) if I know one is coming but am not sure when.

But right now I'm doing an event and don't want to avoid game longer than needed.
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

SKatF wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 18:03 Does anyone know if it goes live at a certain time in each time zone? Or a certain time worldwide so you can calculate your own time zone?

I find it difficult when events start as soon as you open your game. I might not find that a convenient time for my schedule to be actively playing. For example, if I'm going to be tied up all day, I won't open game until next day (or two) if I know one is coming but am not sure when.

But right now I'm doing an event and don't want to avoid game longer than needed.
Make sure auto update is turned off on your device. I think the game gives you at least 1 or 2 days leeway to update your device and still get the full amount of days for the first event.
tangerine
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by tangerine »

SKatF wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 18:03 Does anyone know if it goes live at a certain time in each time zone? Or a certain time worldwide so you can calculate your own time zone?

I know what you mean. I don't mind when live events start because they have different lengths of time you can choose, but I have to be careful when I start a SimChase so I don't have to wake up in the middle of the night to finish a task or check in at the stupid night club.

My game seems to update at either midnight CST (for new items being available in the store) or 2 a.m. CST (for events to start/become playable).
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

The update is available now.
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

Wait, update is required for event to start? Of course it is. I am an idiot! For this first event of update, it's simple ... don't update until ready. It's the later events in the update that I'll have to watch for.
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

WOW, are the prizes in this event ugly! Not killing myself to get all this stuff, though I might have to since the only things I want from the event are some of the planters and fountains, which don’t come until the end. I really wish they’d lower the amount of items to be crafted. It’s really not fair to those of us who only want prizes at the end.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

simmare wrote: 06 Oct 2020, 01:50 WOW, are the prizes in this event ugly! Not killing myself to get all this stuff, though I might have to since the only things I want from the event are some of the planters and fountains, which don’t come until the end. I really wish they’d lower the amount of items to be crafted. It’s really not fair to those of us who only want prizes at the end.
Those will more than likely show up in architect homes in the near future. Not that architect homes are cheap lol.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

SKatF wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 23:39 Wait, update is required for event to start? Of course it is. I am an idiot! For this first event of update, it's simple ... don't update until ready. It's the later events in the update that I'll have to watch for.
You’re right because I updated and as soon as I opened the game, the update popped up to start.