[Holiday Quest] A Christmas Carole

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: [Seasonal Quest] A Christmas Carole

Post by chamilet »

ErinPW wrote: 17 Dec 2020, 07:44
chamilet wrote: 17 Dec 2020, 06:36 I've also found, that if you normally have the Autoplay Ads off (VIP 3 and higher, I think?), you'll want to turn them back on for the Quests so that some of the shorter ones autocomplete. Just remember to save a lot in case they make your device crash.
Thanks for the hint! I didn‘t even think of those ads :?
They've autocompleted some 30 minute tasks that I had planned on spending LPs on, so I was quite happy that I remembered to turn them back on. Normally they annoy the heck out of me!
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
SimmerDown
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by SimmerDown »

chamilet wrote: 17 Dec 2020, 09:42
ErinPW wrote: 17 Dec 2020, 07:44
chamilet wrote: 17 Dec 2020, 06:36 I've also found, that if you normally have the Autoplay Ads off (VIP 3 and higher, I think?), you'll want to turn them back on for the Quests so that some of the shorter ones autocomplete. Just remember to save a lot in case they make your device crash.
Thanks for the hint! I didn‘t even think of those ads :?
They've autocompleted some 30 minute tasks that I had planned on spending LPs on, so I was quite happy that I remembered to turn them back on. Normally they annoy the heck out of me!
Great googly moogly! I totally forgot about this, so as a test, I just turned ON my adds and was able to auto complete my neighbors task! I feel like I have another trick up my sleeve! I’m gonna go turn them off again until I need to auto complete my next task! Thank you so much for this reminder👍🏻
Jemappellelaura
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Jemappellelaura »

Thank you! This was driving me crazy trying to figure it out too, would be nice if they had made it clearer!
ErinPW wrote: 17 Dec 2020, 07:43
jack b wrote: 16 Dec 2020, 22:32 Hi

Can someone tell me i am trying to progress with the barkley square event.

The next task says clean up the Bin, but there is no bin, there is a trash can at the front of each lot but thats standing and there is no link to do the task.

Where is a bin any advice?

Thank you
Welcome to the forum, jack b!
I have moved your post to the suitable topic :)

Use a phone to go to Albion Square first and then clean up the rubbish in the middle house.
ClaudiaB
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by ClaudiaB »

Hi, just joined!

Thank you so much for the info....I got stuck at Day 6 because I didn't realize I had to use the phone to get back to the square where the rubbish was :lol:

You helped me.

Happy Christmas!!
ClaudiaB
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

That Carole is really a miser. Her townhouses look good but are full of 1 star furniture. I do most of the tasks back home where I can cut down on task time by using 3 star items. I wish that the Monkeys would drop the star rating thing so I could furnish my houses/ choose pets for my preferred look only, rather than the star thing.
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

SKatF wrote: 19 Dec 2020, 23:33 That Carole is really a miser. Her townhouses look good but are full of 1 star furniture. I do most of the tasks back home where I can cut down on task time by using 3 star items. I wish that the Monkeys would drop the star rating thing so I could furnish my houses/ choose pets for my preferred look only, rather than the star thing.
Yes! Poor Al has some serious jet lag flying to and fro! It’s irksome to work for a pretty bauble when I know it’s gonna be 1 or maybe 2 stars. Those monkeys are just plain RUDE! I do furnish for looks and flow though certain houses are for certain activities. Even so, now and then, something doesn’t “go” :shock:. I don’t understand why they put constraints on how we might use any particular thing. Meanies :cry:
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

Is it wrong of me to want to take that Albion Square template, gut it, and turn it into one big house? I think my Sims would feel pretty claustrophobic in such skinny houses!
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

simmare wrote: 20 Dec 2020, 07:48 Is it wrong of me to want to take that Albion Square template, gut it, and turn it into one big house? I think my Sims would feel pretty claustrophobic in such skinny houses!
Perhaps you are a suburbanite or rural dweller like me? In a city like London, or any large metropolitan area where housing is at a premium, it is undoubtably quite spacious. Especially on a premium lot.
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

SKatF wrote: 20 Dec 2020, 08:26
simmare wrote: 20 Dec 2020, 07:48 Is it wrong of me to want to take that Albion Square template, gut it, and turn it into one big house? I think my Sims would feel pretty claustrophobic in such skinny houses!
Perhaps you are a suburbanite or rural dweller like me? In a city like London, or any large metropolitan area where housing is at a premium, it is undoubtably quite spacious. Especially on a premium lot.
Yes, suburbanite here. Suburb of NYC, actually, so I know how large those houses would be to a city dweller. They just look so narrow to me. Maybe when the quest is over, I’ll try that redesign and see what happens.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

You’re not alone :) Although I think most of the houses are gorgeous, I don‘t see my sims living in any of them ^^
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View