Rustic Wedding & Art Deco Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by ErinPW »

This update will go live soon.

Here‘s a link to the official article: ea.com - Rustic Wedding Update
Update 5.58.0
Update 5.58.0
Version 5.58.0
Version 5.58.2 in App Store on 3rd February

Infos on the „Art Deco“ Update are included in the article. Possibly we‘ll find an update in the App Stores around 15th February.

Copied in parts from the article:
Here are the playable event dates for this update (all dates in AEST):
  • NEW Influence Island Season 5 ‘Rustic Wedding’: 10-day event starting from Tuesday (?) 27th January
    NEW SimChase Season 24 ‘Wedding Wrangle’: 7-day event starting from Wednesday 3rd February (Note: According to a Game Changers’ video it‘s a 9-day event.)
    NEW Maternity Pack 18: Start a pregnancy event between Friday 12th and Friday 20th February, and successfully complete all your tasks to win maternity rewards!
    NEW App Store Icon Change &
    NEW‘Belle Hotel’ Live Event: 10-day event starting from 15th February
    NEW SimChase Season 25 ‘Bar Brawl’: 7-day event starting from Friday 26th February
    NEW Influence Island Season 6 ‘Suite Success’: 10-day event starting from Friday 5th March
  • Reruns
    Player favorite *‘Time Capsule’ event (*The Styles of Time): 7-day event starting Monday 8th March
    ‘Glam Mansion’ Live Event rerun: 10-day event starting Tuesday 9th March
    SimChase Season 7 ‘Restroom Rivals’ event rerun: 7-day event starting from Thursday 11th March
    ‘Charming Barber’ Hobby Rerun: 7-day event starting from Friday 12th March
New
Now, all fences and gates can now be placed perpendicular (intersecting at a right angle) to each other for even more precision placement. (Pictures page 2)
New players can now view some later game categories in the Home Store (Stairs & Railings). In addition, there is info on how to reach these sweet features!

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Changes
(Pictures page 2)
Some single doors from the Online Store are messed up.
The toddler pool at the Swimming Center is messed up.
Last edited by ErinPW on 21 Mar 2021, 16:54, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Updated
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Rustic Wedding & Art Deco Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by chamilet »

I have mixed feelings. I'm hoping that this update will allow me to play my Glee Sims game again, but I know it's going to take several days of constant crashing before my iPad will update.
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

To say I’m excited about the Art Deco part of the update is a major understatement but I have a sneaking suspicion that there’s going to be a whole lot of frustration & crying in my future before it’s all done with.

1) The Influence Island event is the worst about needing tons of RL money for the Influence Pack and SPs to get all the prizes. 2) Up until the last few Live Events I could squeak through using the free SP plant spins that are a VIP perk and a smaller SP pack but I’m getting a little burned out on SFP and don’t tend the game as closely as I used to which means needing more SPs and Laura Craft. 3) The SimChase events have always been a total pain in the butt since the Mastery task is costly and some tasks requiring so many Sims that it becomes a scheduling nightmare for both me and my working Sims. 4) Having two each of the Influence Island & SimChase events per update is ridiculous.

Since I started playing SFP all those years ago I’ve been lucky about not having to worry if I needed to occasionally buy SPs for an event as long as I didn’t go overboard but not any longer hence my current even more pessimistic than normal outlook. Because I want the prizes in this update so badly it’s gonna be tough and may be the thing that finally kills my love for the game but I’ll do my best to see it to the end.

Sorry for the long rant but I’m feeling a little more optimistic than when I first clicked on this topic! :D
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

I’m guessing that the Monkeys totally ignored my response to a some-time-ago survey question about my favorite thing about the Influence Island event. My response? “My favorite thing is that it’s over”
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
lollipop369
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by lollipop369 »

bloodredroses01 wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 13:16 ...3) The SimChase events have always been a total pain in the butt...4) Having two each of the Influence Island & SimChase events per update is ridiculous.

Since I started playing SFP all those years ago I’ve been lucky about not having to worry if I needed to occasionally buy SPs for an event as long as I didn’t go overboard but not any longer hence my current even more pessimistic than normal outlook...
Ditto! And I’d like to throw in Maternity Prizes, too. And running events concurrently in some cases. I am a frontline healthcare worker that has worked nonstop during this pandemic, and have little brainpower to devote the insane needed time to win the tantalizing prizes. They used to give you a good amount of prizes for hard work, especially during Live Events, that’s why we didn’t complain much. I thought the Death Update was bad, but every ‘evolved’ addition has lessened my love of the game as well.
See profile for info-HFN, HH, etc.
GC1: Tia B. Jeanty=HP Handcrafted Homes Online Packs!
GC2: Tia B. Radcliffe=ER show Day 1/Midtown Cafè
GC3: Katyara B. Swyft=GoT Maternity
lollipop369
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by lollipop369 »

Has anyone noticed there are several updates so more familial relationships? Finally got my grandparents/grandkids designation to show up. I have yet to see aunts/uncles/cousins/nieces/nephews. Anyone able to confirm?
bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by bloodredroses01 »

lollipop369 wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 11:39
bloodredroses01 wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 13:16 ...3) The SimChase events have always been a total pain in the butt...4) Having two each of the Influence Island & SimChase events per update is ridiculous.

Since I started playing SFP all those years ago I’ve been lucky about not having to worry if I needed to occasionally buy SPs for an event as long as I didn’t go overboard but not any longer hence my current even more pessimistic than normal outlook...
Ditto! And I’d like to throw in Maternity Prizes, too. And running events concurrently in some cases. I am a frontline healthcare worker that has worked nonstop during this pandemic, and have little brainpower to devote the insane needed time to win the tantalizing prizes. They used to give you a good amount of prizes for hard work, especially during Live Events, that’s why we didn’t complain much. I thought the Death Update was bad, but every ‘evolved’ addition has lessened my love of the game as well.
As much as I’d like to have some of the prizes, etc I haven’t done either the Maternity or Penthouse Upgrade because after reading stuff here they sound so complicated and expensive to do. I have to admire anyone who’s completed those and continues to them.
Oh how I hate it when events overlap! When it happens that both events need a lot of Sims at the same time it is so annoying.
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01 (not that it matters)
Party of the Decade update
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

There is an update in the App Store. Guess, it‘s a bug fix.
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

ErinPW wrote: 03 Feb 2021, 14:37 There is an update in the App Store. Guess, it‘s a bug fix.
Certainly didn’t fix the missing Game Center friends bug. Not sure what it did fix.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
lollipop369
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by lollipop369 »

Yes, also, the doors are still glitched, and those were doors that I paid money for the pack 😡