All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: [SIMCHASE] Season 3: Summer Daze

Post by copperwood »

SKatF wrote: 11 Jul 2019, 20:30
copperwood wrote: 11 Jul 2019, 15:16 Since the rival now takes the full 24 hours time to complete an episode, the roadblock and snail's pace spins are useless. But I definitely prefer the rival taking the whole day.
Yeah, I actually forgot to use mine! Probably just missed out on a few simoleans.
There are 2 useful spins. One reduces one of your tasks by 1 hour and the other reduces the cost of the mastery task.
RubyRed
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by RubyRed »

was to busy doing the daycare live event to care about this one, sucky possibly. But meh, my infants and toddlers need some more actions/fun stuff, even if they are a rare thing ion my tiny weeny sim town at,
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

copperwood wrote: 11 Jul 2019, 17:43
Thuraya wrote: 11 Jul 2019, 17:29
copperwood wrote: 11 Jul 2019, 15:16 Since the rival now takes the full 24 hours time to complete an episode, the roadblock and snail's pace spins are useless. But I definitely prefer the rival taking the whole day.
Hasn't the rival always needed 24 hours for an episode? Snail pace was definitely worth the token spins because my rival was busy with her snail for half a day and totally needed longer than 24 hours to finish the last episode.
I thought in Season 1 the rival could finish sooner, but since I didn't play that season past a few hours I might be wrong. Also didn't know the rival could take longer than a day. Probably because I save all tokens for the last day :D . Might use one for episode 5 next time.
The rival has always taken the full 24 hours.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

mockingbird288z wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 05:27
copperwood wrote: 11 Jul 2019, 17:43
Thuraya wrote: 11 Jul 2019, 17:29
Hasn't the rival always needed 24 hours for an episode? Snail pace was definitely worth the token spins because my rival was busy with her snail for half a day and totally needed longer than 24 hours to finish the last episode.
I thought in Season 1 the rival could finish sooner, but since I didn't play that season past a few hours I might be wrong. Also didn't know the rival could take longer than a day. Probably because I save all tokens for the last day :D . Might use one for episode 5 next time.
My rival took more than 24hours to complete a day's worth of challenges through the middle of the Chase. Then suddenly jumped up to beating me during the last day... I liked those prizes so SPs well spent I reckon...
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

3luv4eva3 wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 06:24
My rival took more than 24hours to complete a day's worth of challenges through the middle of the Chase. Then suddenly jumped up to beating me during the last day... I liked those prizes so SPs well spent I reckon...
Did the rival actually beat you or just look like they were going to? There's a difference. For both Season 1 and Season 2 I would have the same game on both of my devices. I would actually play the one on my phone but let the time run out on the one on my ipad. I would always be watching it right before the new day started and on every single day the rival took exactly 24 hours no matter what their progress bar looked like. (no special tokens used to slow the rival down)

Erin's post here is a good example of what I mean.

The rival is there to freak us out and make us think we will lose out on the prize. By all means, use SP if you really want the prize. I do! But don't use SP just because the rival looks like they're beating you.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

mockingbird288z wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 06:41
3luv4eva3 wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 06:24
Did the rival actually beat you or just look like they were going to? There's a difference. For both Season 1 and Season 2 I would have the same game on both of my devices. I would actually play the one on my phone but let the time run out on the one on my ipad. I would always be watching it right before the new day started and on every single day the rival took exactly 24 hours no matter what their progress bar looked like. (no special tokens used to slow the rival down)

Erin's post here is a good example of what I mean.

The rival is there to freak us out and make us think we will lose out on the prize. By all means, use SP if you really want the prize. I do! But don't use SP just because the rival looks like they're beating you.
I'm pretty sure that rival was gonna beat me anyway. I fell behind quite a bit on the last day miscounting my Sims and their tasks.
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

The thing is to remember the exact hour and minute that you started the chase so that you know when your day rolls over. That can bite you in the behind!!
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

chamilet wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 17:28 The thing is to remember the exact hour and minute that you started the chase so that you know when your day rolls over.
Yes, I agree. And I like to pick a convenient time for it too, which means not opening the game until that time.

If you finish one of the days early it will also show you exactly how many hours and minutes till the next episode starts.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

copperwood wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 20:59
chamilet wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 17:28 The thing is to remember the exact hour and minute that you started the chase so that you know when your day rolls over.
Yes, I agree. And I like to pick a convenient time for it too, which means not opening the game until that time.

If you finish one of the days early it will also show you exactly how many hours and minutes till the next episode starts.
The counter starts when you're checking in with Kam Ham. Usually I'm taking a screenshot, so I can see my start time when looking at the picture.

I opened the game at 9.02 a.m., got the first popup and tapped "Start chase". My sim checked in with Kam Ham at 9.14 a.m. All other episodes started at 9.14 a.m.. I also got notifications that the rival will check in with Kam Ham in X hours, which always met my start time.
Attachments
Start Chase
Start Chase
Unlocks in 0:13:58
Unlocks in 0:13:58
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

ErinPW wrote: 13 Jul 2019, 07:27
copperwood wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 20:59

The counter starts when you're checking in with Kam Ham. Usually I'm taking a screenshot, so I can see my start time when looking at the picture.

I opened the game at 9.02 a.m., got the first popup and tapped "Start chase". My sim checked in with Kam Ham at 9.14 a.m. All other episodes started at 9.14 a.m.. I also got notifications that the rival will check in with Kam Ham in X hours, which always met my start time.
Thanks, I didn't know that it only starts with the check in.