mockingbird288z

Lakeside Christmas Update - Changes

Post by mockingbird288z »

Post any changes in the new update!

Schedule - Dates are AEST
Sims Freeplay 8th Birthday Gift: Friday 3rd December – 27th January
Sophisticated Socailite Live Event: December 3rd - December 13th
Daily Christmas Gift: Friday 6th – 11th December
NEW Hearth of Stone Christmas Quest: 13-day event starting Thursday 12th December
‘Mean Curls’ Long Hair Hobby Rerun: 9-day event running from Thursday 26th December - 3rd January 2020.
NEW Maternity Pack 9 - Start a Pregnancy Event between Wednesday 25th December – Tuesday 31st December, and successfully complete it by Wednesday 8th of January to win!
Inner Child's Play Quest rerun - 7-day quest running from January 6th - January 19th
NEW Glam Mansion Live Event - 9-day event running between January 8th - January 21st
NEW SimChase season 9: Mansion Mania! - 9-day event running between January 22nd and January 27th

Changes
Glitch with the broomstick flying hobby - sim refuses to do it; possibly a glitch with lots with paved driveways - Actually a problem since May 2019
SimChase event is longer
There's a new button for privacy in the settings menu and the "Info" button has replaced the question mark button
There's now a Chimneys and Fireplaces tab in the home store
New White SUV prize for Marketplace Events
When you toggle the app to get a sim to arrive quicker the screen slowly pans to them instead of immediately jumping to the sim
'Drink a Fancy coffee' weekly goal not completing; coffee makers all have the same action length - and icon has changed to hunger instead of energy
Round Rustic mirror now has actions
Can't place windows with curtains except on walls on the right side of the grid
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Lakeside Christmas Update - Changes

Post by telemwill »

I was not able to ride a broomstick in my game. Not sure if it is just a glitch, but my Sim was unable to walk on the driveway as well. I didn't test cars at all. I assume they work ok.

I would appreciate if someone else can test this to see if this is a new bug.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

telemwill wrote: 03 Dec 2019, 01:23 I was not able to ride a broomstick in my game. Not sure if it is just a glitch, but my Sim was unable to walk on the driveway as well. I didn't test cars at all. I assume they work ok.

My sim is able to ride the broomstick. Does your house have 1 or multiple parking spots. I found out that you can do the hobby on a lot with 1 parking spot. When testing on a lot with multiple parking spots my sim walked up to the broomstick closet, but once there it would show the blue footprints.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

copperwood wrote: 03 Dec 2019, 03:26
telemwill wrote: 03 Dec 2019, 01:23 I was not able to ride a broomstick in my game. Not sure if it is just a glitch, but my Sim was unable to walk on the driveway as well. I didn't test cars at all. I assume they work ok.

My sim is able to ride the broomstick. Does your house have 1 or multiple parking spots. I found out that you can do the hobby on a lot with 1 parking spot. When testing on a lot with multiple parking spots my sim walked up to the broomstick closet, but once there it would show the blue footprints.
There is just one parking spot. I haven't done the quest to add multiples. I wonder if that may be a factor?

It is happening on my single lot just as on your lots with multiples. The Sims will walk up to the broom closet, but then I get the footprints. When I first went to the lot, my Sim was flying on the broom with just seconds to go before finishing. It was when I tried to restart him on the broom that I got the footprints.

Thanks for checking. Hopefully others with chime in if there are problems. Maybe we will be able to figure out what is going on.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Valgon
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Valgon »

SimChase 9 is longer now, 9 episodes (9 days) more prizes checkpoints too.

Don't really like the stuff but the white piano could be a most wanted piece for some..
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I did some experimenting with the broomstick. It worked for me on another lot with a dirt road. I think it may be the wizard's cottage lot. It didn't work on a lot with the paved drive. I tried moving the broomstick closet around, using a different Sim, etc. Nothing worked on that lot. My Sim won't even walk on the paved drive.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

There's a new button for privacy at the settings menu, the "Info" button has replaced the question mark at the upper right.
Settings Menu, Privacy settings, Info Button
Settings Menu, Privacy settings, Info Button

There's a new tab "Chimneys & Fireplaces" at build mode and inventory. The Fireplaces can still be found at the living room tabs.
Chimneys & Fireplaces
Chimneys & Fireplaces

I think the White Stretch SUV is a new prize at Simtown Market.
Attachments
White Stretch SUV Event
White Stretch SUV Event
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
+.jana.+
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by +.jana.+ »

When you toggle the app in iOS (e.g. to make your sim get across the lot and start an action instantly instead of slow walking), the game now slowly slides the focus to the active sim. Before the focus would quickly jump to the active sim.
👉 GC ID: +.jana.+ (mention Sims in requests)
🏡 House for neighbors: Left bottom corner of town - house with fireworks
👻 Haunted house: Mystery island, at Riches of Terra monument
💰 Monuments bonus: 410XP/$465 +102% chance; Goddess fully upgraded
Desiree
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Desiree »

I have a weekly goal of ‘drink a fancy coffee’ - don’t recall if this is new or not - but the coffee makers all have 3 options- with the same 24 second completion, I’m pretty sure the options used to vary in time with fancy coffee being 4 minutes. In any case, drinking the fancy coffee doesn’t complete the goal. I tried different sims and tried at the snow park as I think that used to be a goal? But nothing. I think the animation for it is different too. They check their watch while the coffee is brewing, go find a chair and drink the coffee, which appears when they sit down.
2 Divers Way HFN - haunted theme

3 Bliss Drive

please message me if items missing/ blocked

DesireeVSanchez on GC - please mention SFP forum.
---Whatever the current update is
GlendaTheMostGood on Google Play
---Holiday 2016 Update---stuck in time
JaneRoettinger
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by JaneRoettinger »

Desiree wrote: 03 Dec 2019, 14:30 In any case, drinking the fancy coffee doesn’t complete the goal. I tried different sims and tried at the snow park as I think that used to be a goal? But nothing.
I guess you should try coffee vending machine at community center or mall