School‘s Out Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
ErinPW

School‘s Out Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by ErinPW »

Post any changes you find in the update!

The update is supposed to go live on 10th/11th August [AEST]

Here are the playable event dates for this update (all dates in AEST):

NEW Influence Island: Season 1 begins with a 10-day event starting from Tuesday 11th August
NEW SimChase S18: Sports Day Stoush! - 9-day event starting from Friday 21st August
NEW Maternity Pack 14 - Pregnancy Event between 30 August – 5 September
NEW School's Out Live Event - 10-day event starting Thursday 3rd September
NEW SimChase S19: School Scuffles! - **7-day event starting from Tuesday 15th September

Reruns:
‘Inner Child’s Play’ Seasonal Quest Player Favorite - 13-day event starting from Monday 31st August
‘Mean Curls’ Long Hair Hobby - 9-day event starting from Wednesday 9th September
‘Holiday High Rise’ Live Event - 10-day event starting Wednesday 23rd September
‘Urban Furniture’ Woodworking Hobby Event - 10-day event starting Wednesday 23rd September
‘SimChase S4: Teen Retreat!‘ 7-day event starting from Saturday 26th September

Source: ea com, School‘s Out Update
** Source Joys Creative Finger

News:
New sort of Event „ Influence Island!“ Find the FAQ here.
Facial hair for male teens
Feature Quest - L-Shaped Rooms

Changes:

The button to sign in with Apple has been changed.
Basketball court from 2012 can now also be used by adult sims.

Missing doors - frame from the wizard's cottage and bathroom stall doors from the wedding lot.
Makeup hobby is broken.

Game crashes while doing the Influence Island event. More Info can be found at that topic: Influence Island - Season 1
Last edited by ErinPW on 29 Sep 2020, 06:56, edited 3 times in total.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: School‘s Out Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by simmare »

The L-shaped rooms quest is really quick and easy - I finished in about a half hour
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
Kassandra
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Kassandra »

simmare wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 02:49 The L-shaped rooms quest is really quick and easy - I finished in about a half hour
Can rooms have multishapes due to it?

Especially interested in:
multishape.jpg
multishape.jpg (6.55 KiB) Viewed 4638 times
Level 55 - Seniors quest
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

A few minutes ago I created a topic for the new Feature Quest - L-Shaped Rooms for sharing our experiences with the new feature.

——
Kassandra wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 08:05 […]

Can rooms have multishapes due to it?

Especially interested in: multishape.jpg
This time the new feature exactly says what we get „L-Shaped Rooms“. So, no multishape.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

simmare wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 02:49 The L-shaped rooms quest is really quick and easy - I finished in about a half hour
Yes, thankfully! I finished rather quickly too 😅.
Kassandra
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Kassandra »

At the end of the month another maternity quest starts. If someone did not build the maternity store yet, when is a good day to do that?
Level 55 - Seniors quest
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

Kassandra wrote: 16 Aug 2020, 16:43 At the end of the month another maternity quest starts. If someone did not build the maternity store yet, when is a good day to do that?
Right now. Once you built the maternity store you'll have to complete the "A Bumpy Ride" quest which includes a 9 day pregnancy event. Only after completing that quest can you do any of the pregnancy events with new prizes.
Kassandra
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Kassandra »

So basically start building today, click maternity store at the 20th, do a 9 day pregnancy until the 29th to directly start another 9 day horror run to be able to unlock the new pregnancy items?
Level 55 - Seniors quest
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I don't know the timing, but pregnancy event is possible but difficult to do during a crafting event, especially at the beginning when you don't have 13 sims tied up with crafting stations. I think it's more difficult to do during a SimChase as both events can require most of your sims for some tasks.

So look at the timing of the event calendar and figure out when the overlap will be best for you. Or decide you don't care about getting a super baby. Or you don't care about one of the other events. Or you can afford a kaxillion SP to keep up. Good luck.
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

Kassandra wrote: 16 Aug 2020, 17:12 So basically start building today, click maternity store at the 20th, do a 9 day pregnancy until the 29th to directly start another 9 day horror run to be able to unlock the new pregnancy items?
Exactly. For a pregnancy event I have 2 lots with 10 Sims each for the support tasks. You need phones, refrigerators, stoves, sinks, couches and dining table with chairs (preferably 3 star rated) for those 20 Sims.

One of the pregnant Sims tasks is either a doctor's or a yoga appointment every day. Those cost either tons of simoleons or you can use about 14 LP every day (126 total for the event). Make sure you have those saved up before because you need 20 Sims for the support tasks and won't have many left to generate LP or simoleons.

I agree with SKatF to check the event schedule in the first post of this thread for overlapping events.